lolo01

Pefume Bottle VS Rollerball--- whats your pick?

Hey dolls I just wanted to see what your preference was when it came to a fragrance. Are you a spray bottle lover or prefer the Roller ball?

Lately I have found myself collecting Roller-balls-- I have always bought the full size perfumes but for some reason I feel that the Roller-balls are better for me.  For one I hate that when i spray the bottle some of my clothes would stain with oil spots, I couldn't take with me or touching up, and I never finish the bottle.  With the Roller-ball on the other hand I only apply to the areas where i want it and for some reason I feel the scent stays on me longer.. Not to mention that ranging between 20-25 bucks i have so many more different fragrances to play with!

So what do you prefer and why?

lolo01

Re: Pefume Bottle VS Rollerball--- whats your pick?

(0) Hearts

lol ellevee09 --- your such a meanie girl :smileyhappy:

ellevee09

(0) Hearts

Sorry I don't know what pefume is. LMAO! 

lolo01

(0) Hearts

YES!!!  I think what it boils down to is that IM MOODY lol so I like to play with a variety depending on my mood swing that day!!! LOL

roxystar4

rollerball. great for travel and for less $ you can try more scents.

incinci

If I really like the scent and it is available, I will get both.  I use the sprays at home--I always spray myself before I get dressed so I don't get perfume on my clothes that might cause a stain, however, depending on what I am wearing, I will also spray my clothes to intensify the smell.  I use the rollerball for on-the-go touchups and keep them in my purse due to their size and portability.  Personally, I have not found much of a difference in wear between the two.

MoreGun89

Sprays!  I enjoy the smell and it has a better spread. I tend to put on perfume before clothes to make sure I don't destroy anything important though :smileytongue:

arielaaaaaaaa

I prefer Rollerballs. I rarely wear perfume but have so many perfumes. So now i've stuck to just buying rollerballs. I hardly ever use them all anyways. But i got 2 bottles of Kat Von D when it was on a major sale. I love Kat Von D's perfumes so much i'd buy those in bottles. But it saves me a ton of money to buy other things at Sephora if i buy rollerballs, It's not like i'll ever wear them anyways, but i love having many options when i'm in the mood to wear them.

arielaaaaaaaa

I decided to take a picture, I have about 3 more but i gave my Poetica Rollerball to my mom since she loved the scent, and i can't find my full bottle of Kat Von D Adora and my Full bottle of Victoria Beckham perfume. 

IMG_0013.jpg

If anyone wants to know what they are i'll list them. 

poemelyric

I prefer the bottle over the rollerball.  I was a bit disappointed when Kat Von D only released Saint Angeles in rollerball only.  I love that scent and I had to buy three and I went through them in a 6 months.  I think that the bottle just lasts longer.

WhereYouStand

I guess it depends on how much I want to invest in said perfume...if I really like it and don't want to go through a ton of rollerballs instead I will buy the big bottle if it's something that I'm indecisive on I will go with a rollerball first to try it out.

the two rollerballs I currently have:

Kat Von D - ADORA (savoring while it lasts. it seems to be discontinued) I like to wear this one for special events at night

Kat Von D - Saint (Want the big bottle just haven't put money away to get it yet) I like to wear this one during the day time vs. the night time

lolo01

(0) Hearts

How embarrassing that I spelled PERFUME wrong lol...sorry that was a typo on my cell phone! I promise I can spell haha :smileyhappy: My signature scent is Chance by Chanel and that is the one i notices left some little spots on my clothes--my mother actually noticed. Maybe its just the material I love chiffon and when i spray it in the air when i wear dark colors like blue or purple that's when i notice the stain otherwise its fine. (maybe I'm spraying too too close).... I do love the bottles too I have so many but I like trying different scents all the time and i match my mood that's why lately Ive been into roller-balls, I never even thought about the whole being unsanitary i guess bc i always do it after a morning shower but ewww that is kinda gross lol... Thanks for the feedback Beauties!!!! <3 xoxo

beautylovingirl

Perfume Bottles. I just never got into the rollerball thing.

DesertRose0706

I prefer spray perfumes, as I find the scent ends up stronger.  Also, i've done the price comparisons and the roller balls just tend to not be a good deal.  You dont' get as much perfume for your money.

starletta8

Perfume in a spray bottle!

I prefer to be able to walk through a cloud of perfume and have it land on my skin prior to being totally dressed.  That way it's your skin and not your clothing that's perfumed.

Rollerballs are great for travel, but that's about it for me.

connieconcon

I like perfumes in bottles.  Sometimes little pieces of fiber get into the roller ball and I can't bring myself to use it after that.  As for portability, you can buy those tiny atomizers, Sephora has so many cute ones, and carry your perfume in your purse.  My only problem with atomizers is that the spray isn't over as diffuse an area as from the actual bottle, so sometimes, get a really concentrated stream of perfume I have to quickly try to spread out with my wrists or something.  :smileytongue:

I've never had a spray bottle perfume stain my clothes with oil spots though.  That sounds terrible!!  What scent did that?

sephoramusthave

Perfume bottles only with a spray top, unless its rollerball style packaging but with spray top. I find the rollerballs too expensive--most of them are 20 bucks and up so I would much rather just get the bottle and have it last me months instead of paying for a rollerball and having it last  me....next to nothing.

kissXmakeup

(0) Hearts

I agree! I would totally rather by a bottle than a rollerball. It would make more sense to buy a rollerball of your favorite scent for travel maybe? 

penelopeblooms

Yellorose--

I ran and got my Pacifica perfume.  It is called Brazilian Mango Grapefruit.  It might be a bit more mango-y than grapefruit, but it certainly is a luscious scent.  I haven't tried the Lavanila one.  There used to be a company that had a pamplemousse one that was great--comptoir du sud something or other, I think.  I don't know what happened to that brand, though.  If you know of any others, that would be great!  :smileyhappy:  I hope you get to smell the Pacifica one!  :smileyhappy:

lolo01

The Pacifica scent sounds amazing Im just gonna have to try it... I like pretty much everything but feeling like im on a vacation bc of my scent is amazing :smileytongue:

yellorose

Thanks for checking! If I try Lavanila Grapefruit, I'll let you know. You seem to like tropical scents as well. I looked up your Brazilian Mango Grapefruit and found out the Hawaiian Ruby Guava I love has a top note of pomelo. Maybe you would like this scent? If you don't know what pomelo is, its basically like grapefruit but better. In fact pomelos smell and taste better than grapefruit! I found out the grapefruit is a hybrid of pomelo and orange. Pomelos taste like they smell. Citrusy and sweet but without the bitterness that exists in grapefruit, just don't eat the skin! Eat only the pulp. :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 35 hearts
  • 19 in conversation
    • connieconcon
    • sephoramusthave
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • poemelyric
    • yellorose
    • triciaann12