PROJECT 10 PAN

katie723

PROJECT 10 PAN

Have you been buying way too many beauty products lately? Is your vanity overflowing with way too much clutter? If you haven't heard of the Project 10 Pan (which I believe started on Youtube, that's where I heard about it!), let me briefly describe what it is. You select 10 (or however many you'd like) products, whether it's makeup, skincare, hair products or all. You must finish these 10 products in its entirely (or "hit pan", where you have used so much of the product that you see the bottom of the "pan") before you are allowed to buy new makeup products. This really helps with appreciating what you have rather than buying more and more things, leaving older products you have to sit in the dust! *There are also exceptions, for example, if you run out of concealer... you can allow yourself to purchase another concealer even if you haven't completed the Project 10 Pan.

Is anyone else doing a Project 10 Pan?! I definitely needed to control myself after IMATS LA and tons of Sephora gift cards for my birthday and the recent UD sale! So, I started up my Project 10 Pan again two weeks ago! I'm determined not to be good and stick with it!

Here are my items that I've chosen for my Project 10 Pan:

1. Sephora Mineral Foundation Powder in Medium 25 - I've had this since March and I'm barely half way!! I use this daily.

2. Sephora Lip Gloss in Pink Ballerina - about half way through.

3. Clinique Lip Gloss in Bamboo Pink - about half way through.

4. NYX Lip Gloss in Beige - still have more than 3/4 of the product left!

5. Stila Liquid Eye Liner in Black - I'll finish this in about a month or so.

6. BADgal Lash - I have about half a month left til I need to throw it out.

7. L'oreal Voluminous Mascara - still have about 2 months til I need to throw it out.

8. Maybelline One by One Mascara - will be throwing this out in a couple weeks.

9. UD Primer Potion - I have two small samples, but I really don't know how long they will last!

10. ELF Blush in Tickled Pink - I haven't even hit pan with this!

and any of my UD eye shadows in my Naked palette, which I haven't even hit pan with!

This will definitely take a long time to complete, but I'm okay with that because I really need to save my money and just enjoy what I have! :smileyhappy:

Let me know what your list looks like! :smileyhappy:

sephoramusthave

Re: PROJECT 10 PAN

(0) Hearts

Okay I just finished up my Sibu Beauty Cleanser so thats 5 out of 11 completed. My Dior lipbalm is the next to go, its has about 1/5th left but I'm having trouble sticking to just this lipbalm. I have a different lipbalm in every room, purse and my car. And I tend to save the Dior for either before bed only, or with drying lip products like lipstains or lipsticks. I dont see anything else on the list that I will be able to finish up by this month but I'll keep y'all posted. When you actually use the same items every single day they do get used up pretty quick. I am using up products that are not on the list as well but I dont want to make my list any bigger because then it will seem like I'm not making much progress.

1. Dior Gloss Show in Charlotte Moka

2. Benefit Some Kinda Gorgeous Foundation in Original

3. Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in RSVP

4. Sibu Beauty Sea Buckthorn Facial Soap

5. Sibu Beauty Sea Buckthorn Facial Cleanser

6. ClickR Stop Time Night Cream

7. Mario Badescu Whitening Mask

8. Thayers Alcohol Free Toner in Original

9. Avalon Organics Lavender Scrub

10. TheBalm Mary Loumanizer

11. Dior Creme de Rose Lipbalm

sephoramusthave

I just used up my Sibu Beauty Complexion Soap ( this is the second one that I have used up completely and I will be back for more when needed, it removes 100% of my makeup, including eye, naturally and with great ingredients.)

UPDATE

1. Dior Gloss Show in Charlotte Moka (still 1/2 left)

7. Mario Badescu Whitening Mask (1/4 left)

8. Thayers Alcohol Free Toner in Original (30% left)

10. TheBalm Mary Loumanizer(no progress here)

11. Dior Creme de Rose Lipbalm(1/5th left)

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I'm almost done with the mask, toner and lipbalm which only leaves me with 2 items left so I'd better add some beauty items to my 10 pan before I reward myself for completing a 10 pan too soon by buying *more* items I dont need. So I have to either mostly use up these items or use them up completely to be able to buy something else and I cant get anything I dont already have. No matter how much I miss my favorites. Wish me luck. Its gonna be a loong no buy.

UPDATE

1. Dior Gloss Show in Charlotte Moka (no progress here)

7. Mario Badescu Whitening Mask (1/5 left)

8. Thayers Alcohol Free Toner in Original (15% left)

11. Dior Creme de Rose Lipbalm(1/6th left)

12. Origins Never a Dull Moment Scrub (almost full)

13. Burts Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser (40% left)

14. Weleda Gentle Cleansing Milk(2/3 left)

15. Origins Mega Mushroom Skin Relief Face Mask (1 oz travel size, new)

16. Origins Modern Friction Scrub(1.7 oz travel size, half left)

17. TheBalm Shady Lady Eyeshadow in Shameless Shana(new)

18. TheBalm Sexy Mama Powder(1/3 left)

19. Lancome Dual Finish Powder Foundation in Matte Porcelaine Delicate I (2/3 left)

20. Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in Purple Snap(almost new)

21. Shiseido The Hydro Powder Eye Shadow in H9 Glistening Sand (1/3 left)

22. Clarins Colour Quartet in #50 So Chic (new and my new eyeshadow obsession!)

23. L'occitane Ultra Rich Face Soap (1/4 left)

24. TheBalm Cheater! Mascara (new)

25. Benefit Moon Beam Luminizer(10% left..this has been *almost empty* for a while now)

26. Benefit Benetint Deluxe Sample (3/4 left)

27. Rosebud Salve(1/3 left)

28. Dior Abricot Nail Cream(1/2 left)

29. Korres Guava Body Butter(brand spanking new)

30. Origins Never a Dull Moment Cleanser(3/4 left)

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

I finished off the Dior lipbalm and Thayers toner. 8 down...22 to go...

UPDATE

7. Mario Badescu Whitening Mask (1/5 left)

15. Origins Mega Mushroom Skin Relief Face Mask (1 oz travel size, new)

18. TheBalm Sexy Mama Powder(1/3 left)

19. Lancome Dual Finish Powder Foundation in Matte Porcelaine Delicate I (2/3 left)

21. Shiseido The Hydro Powder Eye Shadow in H9 Glistening Sand (1/3 left)

23. L'occitane Ultra Rich Face Soap (1/4 left)

25. Benefit Moon Beam Luminizer(10% left..this has been *almost empty* for a while now)

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I just finished off the Mario Badescu Mask (and no I dont like it). I'm actually kind of proud of myself because when I look at my original 10 pan(the very first 10 items on my list) I finished off all but 2. And one more item and I've completed 1/3 of my new list. Score!

UPDATE

7. Mario Badescu Whitening Mask 

15. Origins Mega Mushroom Skin Relief Face Mask 

18. TheBalm Sexy Mama Powder

21. Shiseido The Hydro Powder Eye Shadow in H9 Glistening Sand 

23. L'occitane Ultra Rich Face Soap 

31. Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Face Mist 

32. Bath and Body Works Fragrance Mist in Paris Amour (2/3 left)

33. Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil (I found this on the very back of my drawer, there's only maybe 2 uses left)

34. Origins Mega Mushroom Cleanser(travel size, new)

35. Origins Mega Mushroom Skin Relief Serum(travel size, new)

36. Out of Africa Complexion Bar in Organic Shea Butter(new)

jxw200

good for you for committing to such a big list! Rosebud salve takes me forever to go  through.. although it is such a staple that it is one of the only products i've used up before this lol. 

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

I love the Rosebud Salve! Even when I use it every day it lasts months and months.

I hope that I can *truly* commit to the 10 pan....I do a much better job with the monthly no buys. As long as I keep reaching for the items on my 10 pan I will use it all up. I dont care when I finish things off as long as they are gone by the expiration date(and they always are). But I like the 10 pan thing because it constantly reminds me that I have a never ending collection of beauty items in my bathroom. (And that makes it a lot easier to turn down new stuff thats constantly coming out).

waterbaby1981

(0) Hearts

still got the stuff that's on my list, but finished off the Mega Mushroom Advanced Face Serum and the Sephora Full Action Mascara (had to be tossed, clumping up WAY TOO MUCH).

jxw200

(0) Hearts

YAY GOOD JOB! :smileyhappy:

I think I'm going to make a new 10 Pan. because the other one isn't going so great! LOL. I don't know what I'll put on it. AH!

waterbaby1981

(0) Hearts

I might have to make another 10 pan too...since I'm pregnant, some of my normal skincare stuff I can't use any more if it's got hydroxy acids, retinoids or salicyclic acid.

sara505

I just heard about Project 10 Pan today and think it's a really cool idea! I am 25 but only started getting into makeup this year. I'd always loved it on other people but was horrible at applying it, but thanks to YouTube I'm pretty amazing at it now (if I do say so myself). :smileywink: Anyway, because I only just started my collection this year I haven't amassed too much. I think the only problem area I can see developing is eyeshadows! I use my UD Naked Palette and the Too Faced Smokey Eye collection interchangeably but before I became a full-fledged Sephoraholic I bought the 88 Warm Palette and the 36 Smokey Palette from Coastal Scents and haven't touched either of them since I got the Naked Palette. So I decided today that I am going to make a conscious effort to start using my CS palettes!! I mostly live in the neutrals/gray scale, but I can start experimenting with colors from the CS Smokey Palette. To be honest every time I try to wear a bold colored lid I feel a little foolish (even though I love it on other people). Do you ladies have any suggestions? I have light/medium olive toned skin, brown/black hair, brown eyes. Thanks!! :smileyhappy:

brandiandi

@Sara505-I am 23 and just got into makeup this year too! I think the key for anything new is just getting used to seeing yourself wearing it. Try a bold makeup look on days you are planning to stay home, and gradually you will get used to seeing the bright colors. (I do this myself haha)

waterbaby1981

Don't worry, I haven't been using Purity alomst since I bought it and it irritated my skin a couple of months ago. 

mish2378

I would love to join on this project 10 pan. I have been working on these items but here is my list

1. mac fix plus
  2. benefit stay don't stray ( sample)
  3. Embrolisse moisturizer
  4. urban decay 24/7 pencil in underground
  5. Trish Mcevoy in Heather
  6. smashbox mascara ( dna)
  7. bb cream ( forgot the name
  8. tarte primer
  9. mac lipgloss ( boy bait)
  10.  mac msn - natural
katie723

thanks for joining, mish2378! :smileyhappy: you have some great products in your project 10 pan!

i bought my first MAC Fix+ 5 months ago and i still have a TON left! how often do you use yours? also, i heard great things about the Embrolisse skin care line! how are you liking it? :smileyhappy:

mish2378

I got fix plus bc so many you tube people raved about it. It is so much better than the UD setting spray but I don't plan on getting a new one once I finish it. I do thnk it helps keep make up on and can have other funtions  like making an eye shadow into a liner.

As for the moisturizer I love it. I want to use up my clinique one before I buy another one of the mositurizers.

katie723

@mish2378 thats the reason why i purchased my Fix+ too! i haven't used it enough to compare to my other setting spray, which is by the same brand that makes UD's... but i do use it when i use my Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer since it is too matte for me. i use it mostly for "foiling" my Bare Escentuals loose powder eye shadows. i'm liking it so far =)

nice, i'll have to look into that skincare line :smileyhappy: i know what you mean about having a bunch of moisturizers! i recently used up my Lush moisturizer and now i'm working on my philosophy Hope In A Jar moisturizer. i have to say, it feels good using up products!

waterbaby1981

[ Edited ]

Love it.  Just finished off steps 1 and 2 of Clinique 3 Step and am about to finish the Turnaround Overnight and Origins Mega Mushroom Plantidote Face Relief Serum.  I know I'm starting to get fairly low on the Clinique Laser Focus UV Damage and Wrinkle Repair...but I made sure I bought some more of the Origins serum since my face hasn't flared up since I've been using it again.  Other than that, not much progress made on my list, except for the fact that the setting powder in my Undercover Pot and the brightening powder are just about gone (seriously, it's amazing how much you DON'T use each time you do your makeup to set concealer, highlighter, etc.)

Katie: LM Tinted Moisturizer Oil Free is my HG!  Love that stuff.  I'm currently using the Sephora Tinted Moisturizer and like it (it's literally half the price of the LM one too, at $21 instead of $42), but I still like the LM better even though the lightest color in the Sephora one is also a perfect match (Porcelain in LM is ALWAYS my color, no matter what time of year).  I'm curious about her Radiance Primer coming out soon though.  Supposedly it makes you look wide awake and not tired.  Hopefully it's not QUITE as radiant as the Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer though!  I'll definitely be trying a sample when that comes out.

katie723

[ Edited ]

@waterbaby nice!! =) how do you like the Clinique Turnaround Overnight and Origins Mega Mushroom serum?

i love the LM TM, also! i feel like i get pretty good coverage for a TM! I'm in the color Bisque and I think it's a pretty good match but not PERFECT. but i still enjoy it =) radiance primer? hmm, im interested also! i agree, if its anything like the illuminating TM, count me out! LOL

@mish2378 woo-hoo, first item crossed off! congrats!

@jxw200 yay, thats like... 4 off ur list now? woot! do you like the benefit creaseless shadow in rsvp? i find it super light and way too shimmery for me! my lil sample just sits in my drawer :smileysad:

waterbaby1981

I normally use the Clinique Repairwear Intensive Night Cream, but I've found that I like the Turnaround Overnight much better.  It's lighter and sinks in really quickly.  The only problem I have with it is that if you accidentally put on a little too much (I smooth any excess down my neck and chest) it can ball up.  I've used the Origins Mega Mushroom Plantidote Serum for years though.  In combination with the matching cream and the Clinique Redness Solutions Corrector and Pressed Mineral Powder, it controls the reactive redness/rosacea very well.

As for the Radiance Primer...I really hope it's not like the illuminating TM!  I'll definitely ask for a sample first.

katie723

[ Edited ]

@waterbaby thanks for your thoughts :smileyhappy: wow, i cant believe the Clinique cream balls up if you apply too much! haha, so did the recycle bin get taken out?! :smileytongue: and i was also wondering, does Origins still give you samples for bringing in empty containers even if you don't buy anything? :X

@mish2378 i don't like Stay Don't Stray either! I noticed it creased after a few hours, not a cute look! I've got a big bottle (?) of it, so I'd feel terrible tossing it... I'll probably just use it if I know I'm only going to be out for a couple hours?? I love using up ANY kind of product now... then I start thinking, ah! I should have included that in my 10 Pan!

@brandiandi WOW! fantastic job with your 10 Pan! you'll be done sooner than you know it! haha, i totally agree with you... I noticed I've been applying my lip glosses at random times now when I usually wouldn't be applying it HAHA :smileyvery-happy:

@marinaanne i LOVE the buxom lash, too! i think i've had mine for about 4 months now and its started to smudge below my eye, but i'm struggling to part with it!! i did buy two full sized one during the Sephora Black Friday sale... so maybe when those arrive in the mail, it'll be easier to toss my 4-month old buxom sample!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 245 replies
  • 334 hearts
  • 49 in conversation
    • runy
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • hydee77
    • maltipoo66
    • brandiandi