PROJECT 10 PAN

katie723

PROJECT 10 PAN

Have you been buying way too many beauty products lately? Is your vanity overflowing with way too much clutter? If you haven't heard of the Project 10 Pan (which I believe started on Youtube, that's where I heard about it!), let me briefly describe what it is. You select 10 (or however many you'd like) products, whether it's makeup, skincare, hair products or all. You must finish these 10 products in its entirely (or "hit pan", where you have used so much of the product that you see the bottom of the "pan") before you are allowed to buy new makeup products. This really helps with appreciating what you have rather than buying more and more things, leaving older products you have to sit in the dust! *There are also exceptions, for example, if you run out of concealer... you can allow yourself to purchase another concealer even if you haven't completed the Project 10 Pan.

Is anyone else doing a Project 10 Pan?! I definitely needed to control myself after IMATS LA and tons of Sephora gift cards for my birthday and the recent UD sale! So, I started up my Project 10 Pan again two weeks ago! I'm determined not to be good and stick with it!

Here are my items that I've chosen for my Project 10 Pan:

1. Sephora Mineral Foundation Powder in Medium 25 - I've had this since March and I'm barely half way!! I use this daily.

2. Sephora Lip Gloss in Pink Ballerina - about half way through.

3. Clinique Lip Gloss in Bamboo Pink - about half way through.

4. NYX Lip Gloss in Beige - still have more than 3/4 of the product left!

5. Stila Liquid Eye Liner in Black - I'll finish this in about a month or so.

6. BADgal Lash - I have about half a month left til I need to throw it out.

7. L'oreal Voluminous Mascara - still have about 2 months til I need to throw it out.

8. Maybelline One by One Mascara - will be throwing this out in a couple weeks.

9. UD Primer Potion - I have two small samples, but I really don't know how long they will last!

10. ELF Blush in Tickled Pink - I haven't even hit pan with this!

and any of my UD eye shadows in my Naked palette, which I haven't even hit pan with!

This will definitely take a long time to complete, but I'm okay with that because I really need to save my money and just enjoy what I have! :smileyhappy:

Let me know what your list looks like! :smileyhappy:

sephoramusthave

Re: PROJECT 10 PAN

I tried to keep things 50/50....I think I have 5 makeup items and 6 skincare. If I made it all makeup it would take me forever to finish up just half of the list. I never worry about finishing up skincare products on time. I either like them or not. If I dont I give them away or trash them and if I do they get finished up completely. There's nothing in my bathroom right now that I dont like. I do have more skincare than I *need* thats for sure, but all of them will get used up.

My original plan was to not make any makeup/skincare purchases (unless needed) until I completed the 10 pan 100%. But the holidays are coming up, and I've been on back to back no buys lately...and I've hit pan on all my makeup items...and...

I'M WORTH IT.

ha!

waterbaby1981

@sephoramusthave:  I agree with all of this so much.  Especially the LAST part!  :smileyvery-happy:

...however, I think my husband would disagree with the needing the stuff that's skincare-related in the master bath (or ANY of the bathrooms, really).  Even though I use all of it.  Of course, he's a guy so he thinks shampoo, shave, body wash and he's done.  *bangs head against desk*  I have to tell him to wash his face and he's 29.  You'd think this would be automatic by now, but no.  It's not.  The funny thing is, he's got beautiful skin when he actually takes care of it!  And he wonders why he has some awful skincare issues sometimes...

Thank God he's in the Army Reserve though.  He likes growing a beard.  I hate it.  The military requires them to be clean shaven.  I'm sorry, if I'm telling him to shave it off because it irritates my skin, maybe he should listen?  Sensitive skin, rosacea=it hurts.

There's maybe only one thing I don't like or use in my bathroom currently and that's the Purity cleanser.  No matter what I do, my face just will not tolerate it.  Doesn't matter if I alternate it, slowly ease it in, use just to take off makeup and save myself a step.  Nothing helps.  Can't give it to my younger sister either because her face is even more sensitive than mine is!

runy

Waterbaby- I'm with prettyinpa- if purity does not work for you, toss it!  I was using it on a regular basis and my skin started breaking out terribly- like it hasn't since my teens.  I mean big painful cyst like pimples- and they scarred horribly.  I had no clue what was causing it- until I stopped using purity and my skin went back to normal.  I would never recommend that product to anyone with sensitive or acne prone skin.  When I looked at the ingrediants list- it had oil it in!  I think that's what made me break out.

jxw200

@sephoramusthave you are worth it! plus you've been better than most of us with your no buy for multiple months!

the hardest part for me is using the products! i wear makeup so infrequently but keep buying things so anytime i put something on it is often something new i've bought. yikes!

here's mine

1. too faced primed & poreless bronze tint (i have a few samples & a full size - i want to finish the samples!) haven't touched it since

2. clinique high impact mascara (i have two sample sizes, i think 1 is at the 3 month mark!) --> threw them out

3. philosophy purity (i have 2 2oz bottles) --> been using them all week! woohoo! just one left!

4. smashbox limitless liner in onyx (i have a mini) haven't touched it since

5. benefit cream shadow in rsvp (deluxe sample size) --> used it once! haven't touched it since

6. nars multiple in south beach (i have two minis) haven't touched it since

7. any of the mini nars glosses i have (waaay too many)haven't touched it since

8. smashbox fusion softlights (2minis) used a few times

9. one of my c.o bigelow lemon lip balms used a few times

10.lancome bi-facil eye makeup remover (i have 2 mini bottles!) --> almost done with one bottle!

i'm hardly making progress! and the previous post was from late september. YIKES!

prettyinpa

@waterbaby- That Purity Cleanser sounds like a tosser to me!  Why aggravate yourself with using a product that makes your skin unhappy? It doesn't do anything for my skin either, but mine was a deluxe sample that I got free, so I had no problem with tossing it. 

brandiandi

Friends and Family sales going on everywhere ahh! haha.

waterbaby1981

@brandiandi: I hear you on that!  Especially since the VIB 20% is going on this weekend...and it's my birthday too!  Going to desperately try NOT to go nuts.  This is why I purposely didn't do the no-buy this month.  :smileywink:

Katie:  Hardest part?  Has to be finishing makeup products, for me.  All my skincare stuff seems to go at the same time!  Let's check out my list:

1.  Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 in Bare Radiance (This is going to end up being tossed or used when spring comes...it's not matching my skin tone at this point.  Neck and face don't match!)

2.  Laura Mercier Undercover Pot (concealer's about wiped clean.  I use the camoflage occasionally for dark circles, but not often. 

The setting powder in the bottom is almost gone though)

3.  Clinique Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser (done!)

4.  Nars Orgasm/Laguna Blush/Bronzer Duo

5.  Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder (seriously, I can barely see any now.)

6.  DiorSkin Nude Hydrating Concealer (had to toss, the consistency changed, doesn't match anymore either!)

7.  UD Eyeshadow Potion Primer in Eden

8.  UD Afterglow Cheek Tint in Fetish

9.  Clinique Fresh Bloom Allover Color in Posy

10. Origins Modern Friction Facial Scrub (less than 1/2 of the jar left)

What's really funny is my Clinique Turnaround Night is half done, my Laser Focus is more than half done, my Origins Plantidote serum is 3/4 done (and it's expensive!) and my liquid soap and clarifying lotion are on their last uses (I have backups of those!)  It's true...my skincare really DOES go all at once!  I'm sure there's more...I need to get more cotton balls too. 

Anyway, that means I need to put more stuff on the list!  Let's put my Clinique Naturally Gentle Eye Makeup Remover on there, Clinique Take It All Off Cleansing Balm, and then as soon as that brightening powder is done, we'll put the Laser Focus up there.  Might as well put stuff that I KNOW will be used up at some point for some gratification here, right?  RIGHT?!:smileyvery-happy:

sephoramusthave

hahaha! I'm never gonna finish my 10 pan if I keep adding stuff! Then I'll never be able to allow myself to shop and I want to splurge the second I finish my November No Buy. I added an 11th item and now I wish I didnt because now it will take me longer to complete it...what are the rules again? No buying anything until the 10 pan is complete? Yeah...I'm not gonna be able to make good on that haha. My goal is to complete 5 out of 11 items before December, that way I can shop guilt free and I'm almost there!

waterbaby1981

Updated list so far:

1.  Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 in Bare Radiance

2.  Clinique All About Eyes Rich (done!)

3.  Clinique Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser (almost there)

5.  Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder (only a couple of uses left!)

6.  Chanel Eclat Lumiere (all done; had to get another since this is definitely HG stuff)

9.  Clinique Fresh Bloom Allover Color in Peony

10. Origins Modern Friction Facial Scrub

So...we're now going to put the Algenist Renewal Eye Balm in for the All About Eyes Rich and finish off the Laura Mercier Undercover Pot, plus finish up the Clinique High Lengths and Amplified Lash mascaras (both are getting a little clumpy, probably near to 4-5 months at this point.  Clinique moreso than Buxom.)

waterbaby1981

[ Edited ]

Sooo, here's an update:

1.  Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 in Bare Radiance (using it until it's gone now, then I can get back to my

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua.  I have no tinted moisturizer since Porcelain is out for at least four weeks at my closest Nordstrom!)

2.  Laura Mercier Undercover Pot (concealer's about wiped clean.  I use the camoflage occasionally for dark circles, but not often. 

The setting powder in the bottom is almost gone though)

3.  Clinique Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser (3 uses left)

5.  Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder (only a couple of uses left!)

6.  DiorSkin Nude Hydrating Concealer (expiry date coming up in a couple of months, should be using this up!)

9.  Clinique Fresh Bloom Allover Color in Posy

10. Origins Modern Friction Facial Scrub (less than 1/2 of the jar left)

Plus I just had to toss my Clinique High Lengths Mascara and the LM deluxe sample of Full Blown Volume Mascara...they're clumpy.  Also finished my Clinique Sparkle Skin Exfoliating Scrub (jar) and am getting really close to finishing the Clinique Mild Liquid Soap and Clarifying Lotion.  Probably another week or so on those. 

jxw200

@sephoramusthave YAY! GO you! 

I've finished one of my sample bottles of purity (skin doing fine so far) and almost done with one of my sample bottles of lancome bi-facil... don't think i've gotten anywhere with the others! 

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

jxw200---Suprisingly, it isnt too hard for me to stick to the same regime until I'm out of the product because thats what I usually do. Plus, even though *I* think I have more than enough makeup, its nothing compared to everyone else on this board haha! 

I'm almost out of my Dior Creme de Rose Lipbalm...about 1/5 left and I'm on my second Sibu Beauty Complexion Soap.

I have been straying with my scrub though...so I have to stop that and get back to mine! ( which I also LOVE!)

We can cheer each other on! :smileyvery-happy:

waterbaby1981

[ Edited ]

1.  Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 in Bare Radiance

2.  Clinique All About Eyes Rich

3.  Clinique Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser (about 1/3 left)

5.  Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

6.  Chanel Eclat Lumiere

9.  Clinique Fresh Bloom Allover Color in Peony

10. Caudalie Premier Cru Eye Cream

Everything I just listed is pretty much 1/2 full still or more (except the makeup remover).  My husband actually helped with this list too...he wants me to use stuff up before I get more!  (I'm like a magpie; I like sparkly pretty things.)

janamae88

1. Origins Night-A-Mins Moisturizer- almost all gone! i love that stuff

2. Philosphy Release Me Eye Makeup Remover- halfway gone because i spilt some of it :smileysad:

3. Sephora Daily Brush Cleaner- almost gone

4.Clinique High Impact Mascara- maybe a month left to go??

5.Ouidad Botanical Boost- halfway gone

6. Make Up For Ever HD Foundation- just got it a few weeks ago

7. NARS Blush in Orgasm- maybe a few months left? i have 3 different blushes 

8. Too Faced Natural Eye Palette- just got it! i better not hit the pan anytime soon

9. BH Cosmetics Cool Shimmer Palette of 88 colors- i probably wont ever run out

10. Make Up For Ever HD Powder- just got this too!

jxw200

i love this! I so need to do this...

it's going to be hard listing things that i could reasonably finish. (as i wrote in the thread about finishing products, i haven't ever!) i guess it doesn't help to help a ton of makeup, and i wear makeup like once a month. ugh

1. too faced primed & poreless bronze tint (i have a few samples & a full size - i want to finish the samples!) 

2. clinique high impact mascara (i have two sample sizes, i think 1 is at the 3 month mark!)

3. philosophy purity (i have 2 2oz bottles)

4. smashbox limitless liner in onyx (i have a few half sizes laying around)

5. benefit cream shadow in rsvp (deluxe sample size)

6. nars multiple in south beach (i have two minis)

7. any of the mini nars glosses i have (waaay too many)

8. smashbox fusion softlights (mini)

9. one of my c.o bigelow lemon lip balms

10.lancome bi-facil eye makeup remover (i have 2 mini bottles!)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 245 replies
  • 335 hearts
  • 49 in conversation
    • runy
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • hydee77
    • maltipoo66
    • brandiandi