katie723

PROJECT 10 PAN

Have you been buying way too many beauty products lately? Is your vanity overflowing with way too much clutter? If you haven't heard of the Project 10 Pan (which I believe started on Youtube, that's where I heard about it!), let me briefly describe what it is. You select 10 (or however many you'd like) products, whether it's makeup, skincare, hair products or all. You must finish these 10 products in its entirely (or "hit pan", where you have used so much of the product that you see the bottom of the "pan") before you are allowed to buy new makeup products. This really helps with appreciating what you have rather than buying more and more things, leaving older products you have to sit in the dust! *There are also exceptions, for example, if you run out of concealer... you can allow yourself to purchase another concealer even if you haven't completed the Project 10 Pan.

Is anyone else doing a Project 10 Pan?! I definitely needed to control myself after IMATS LA and tons of Sephora gift cards for my birthday and the recent UD sale! So, I started up my Project 10 Pan again two weeks ago! I'm determined not to be good and stick with it!

Here are my items that I've chosen for my Project 10 Pan:

1. Sephora Mineral Foundation Powder in Medium 25 - I've had this since March and I'm barely half way!! I use this daily.

2. Sephora Lip Gloss in Pink Ballerina - about half way through.

3. Clinique Lip Gloss in Bamboo Pink - about half way through.

4. NYX Lip Gloss in Beige - still have more than 3/4 of the product left!

5. Stila Liquid Eye Liner in Black - I'll finish this in about a month or so.

6. BADgal Lash - I have about half a month left til I need to throw it out.

7. L'oreal Voluminous Mascara - still have about 2 months til I need to throw it out.

8. Maybelline One by One Mascara - will be throwing this out in a couple weeks.

9. UD Primer Potion - I have two small samples, but I really don't know how long they will last!

10. ELF Blush in Tickled Pink - I haven't even hit pan with this!

and any of my UD eye shadows in my Naked palette, which I haven't even hit pan with!

This will definitely take a long time to complete, but I'm okay with that because I really need to save my money and just enjoy what I have! :smileyhappy:

Let me know what your list looks like! :smileyhappy:

DaisieWilde

Re: PROJECT 10 PAN

I ended up skipping the Naked2 palette (I actually refrained from buying ANYTHING during the sale...go me!) and am putting using up what I have first and foremost.

I'll treat myself to a massive haul after I use up my existing stash.  :smileyhappy:

MoreGun89

[ Edited ]

COMPLETED!! :smileyvery-happy:

1. Omorovicza Balancing Moisturizer
2. Omorovicza Lip Perfector
3. Tokymilk Dark Handcream
4. Caudalie Vinoperfect Firming Serum
5. Edward Bess Black Sea Serum
6. Omorovicza Body Cream
7. Guerlain Maxilash Mascara
8. Clinique Even Better Dark Circle Eye Treatment
9. Bite Lip Gloss in Prosecco
10. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Rose

sephoramusthave

good job moregun89!! Many start, but few finish :smileyvery-happy:

After a really big shopping spree....I might do a skincare only 10 pan.

MoreGun89

(0) Hearts

Thanks and you can do it musthave!  I know I'm dreading picking up a new bottle of cleansing foam this next month, I love it, it lasts me 3/4 of a year, but it's higher end.  But on the upside it has never ever broken me out and seems to calm my grumpy face without drying it out, so I suppose it's worth shelling out $75 for working snake oil, right? :smileytongue:

MoreGun89

(0) Hearts

Actually went to the distributor site and it was 15% off, and I had a 10% off coupon, 25% off means that $75 became ~$57!! :smileyvery-happy:  Plus the little haul to get the rewards here >.>  OK, done for the moment, PROMISE!

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

I want to get some more skincare from the sale bin at Sprouts, and I need toner/serum/pore strips. After that, I really really need a skincare only 10 pan. I'm dreading it though because I just completed my 10 pan not too long ago and it sucks to be chained up again hehe. But skincare no buys are easier for me to complete than makeup ones because I go through them faster than makeup.

I'm at 2/5 done for my makeup only 5 pan, and I have 3 makeup items that I only have 1-2 uses left of, so I will be done with the 5 pan pretty soon! So excited!

MoreGun89

You can do it! :smileyvery-happy:

sephoramusthave

Okay, I have to do this skincare only 10 pan now because I just found a face scrub that expired. I've never ever let anything go bad before I used it up, especially skincare, so I'm bummed. I threw it in the trash and its just killing me. I bought a bunch of skincare because it was all natural and super cheap, but I'm not buying anymore until I get at least 10 down. And I used up a scrub yesterday, so perfect timing. I can start my 10 pan. Here goes.

1. origins never a dull moment scrub

10% of 10 pan completed.

This might take forever.

sephoramusthave

1. origins never a dull moment scrub

2. neutrogena pure and free liquid daily sunblock

20% of 10 pan completed

okay its slowly moving along....

MoreGun89

Yup sounds like about that time :smileytongue:

Panda168

I agree this is something I need to do also!

triciaann12

[ Edited ]

ChicDabbler

I know how you feel. Their prod is great for super sensitive/dry skin, but I need some action. At least you didn't try the clay cleanser, I tried it then was like "........okay.......that never happened. Next."

triciaann12

[ Edited ]

ChicDabbler

Oh have you tried Clarins gentle cleanser? You just need a pea size or less and it works into this super luxe/rich lather that feels sooo good. My face feel super clean after rinsing, but no dryness that usually comes after. Its in the buy-again category in my book, which have very few prod in it.

triciaann12

[ Edited ]

--

ChicDabbler

Oops. I forgot, no short term memory have I. This reminds me of when I used to offer snack to my fav teacher, she would smile and decline cuz its lent or something, then I'd forget the nxt day and the process repeat. >.<

Well, good luck on your quest the only non-fomy cleanser I like is the Koh Gen Do water, but international companies do seem to put a lot of fragrance in their prod. =\

napers

let's get some recent posts to this.    I would be afraid, or chicken, because of being such a makeup addict.   I don't even care about clothes, just skincare and makeup. :smileysad:

plm95

I was reading through this post and I figured that I would post my P10P that I started a few days back on here as well. I tend to use both high end and drugstore makeup, so here goes:
1. EOS Strawberry Lip Balm
2. Revlon Lip Butters (creamsicle and gumdrop - I prefer the darker shades)
3. Cherry Lip Gloss from Bath and Body Works
4. Strawberry Rosebud Salve
5. Clinique Blended Face Powder
6. Maybelline Define-a-Line
7. L'oreal Lineur Intense Liquid Liner
8. Too Faced Natural Eye Palette (just a few shadows) - my favorite palette ever, I just want to be able to rationalize buying a backup (:
And things I've finished since 3/9....
Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer (I actually liked this quite a bit)
OPI Nail Polish - Princesses Rule

roxystar4

i really like this post! Great idea :smileyhappy:

triciaann12

[ Edited ]

--

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 242 replies