katie723

PROJECT 10 PAN

Have you been buying way too many beauty products lately? Is your vanity overflowing with way too much clutter? If you haven't heard of the Project 10 Pan (which I believe started on Youtube, that's where I heard about it!), let me briefly describe what it is. You select 10 (or however many you'd like) products, whether it's makeup, skincare, hair products or all. You must finish these 10 products in its entirely (or "hit pan", where you have used so much of the product that you see the bottom of the "pan") before you are allowed to buy new makeup products. This really helps with appreciating what you have rather than buying more and more things, leaving older products you have to sit in the dust! *There are also exceptions, for example, if you run out of concealer... you can allow yourself to purchase another concealer even if you haven't completed the Project 10 Pan.

Is anyone else doing a Project 10 Pan?! I definitely needed to control myself after IMATS LA and tons of Sephora gift cards for my birthday and the recent UD sale! So, I started up my Project 10 Pan again two weeks ago! I'm determined not to be good and stick with it!

Here are my items that I've chosen for my Project 10 Pan:

1. Sephora Mineral Foundation Powder in Medium 25 - I've had this since March and I'm barely half way!! I use this daily.

2. Sephora Lip Gloss in Pink Ballerina - about half way through.

3. Clinique Lip Gloss in Bamboo Pink - about half way through.

4. NYX Lip Gloss in Beige - still have more than 3/4 of the product left!

5. Stila Liquid Eye Liner in Black - I'll finish this in about a month or so.

6. BADgal Lash - I have about half a month left til I need to throw it out.

7. L'oreal Voluminous Mascara - still have about 2 months til I need to throw it out.

8. Maybelline One by One Mascara - will be throwing this out in a couple weeks.

9. UD Primer Potion - I have two small samples, but I really don't know how long they will last!

10. ELF Blush in Tickled Pink - I haven't even hit pan with this!

and any of my UD eye shadows in my Naked palette, which I haven't even hit pan with!

This will definitely take a long time to complete, but I'm okay with that because I really need to save my money and just enjoy what I have! :smileyhappy:

Let me know what your list looks like! :smileyhappy:

marinaanne147

Re: PROJECT 10 PAN

The last time I updated this was a little more than a month ago, and to be honest, nothing has changed since then. Boo. I'm definitely closer to finishing a few things and some things not on this list I'm close to finishing! 

1. Clinique Makeup Remover 

2. Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Styling Spray (I've been using this a bunch but it is a BIG bottle)

3. MAC Date Night Dazzleglass (Been using this as often as is appropriate.)

4. Benefit Highbeam Sample 

5. M.A.C. Eyeshadow in Once Upon A Time (LE) (My dent is getting bigger but I don't think I'll hit pan for another couple months)

6. Clinique 1.7 oz. DDML

7. Buxom Lash (Almost empty...)

8. Clinique Long Last Glosswear in Air Kiss (I'm changing to this gloss because I ....want to...it's about 1/2 way gone)

9. Tarte Double Sided Eyeliner (3/4 left...this came in the Eye Couture Palette, I've used this multiple times but I've only had to sharpen it twice)

10. Herbal Essences Tousle Me Soft Mousse (I've been using this a lot but I can't tell where I am. Probably about 1/4 left or something...)

I'm just proud I've finished 4/10 of these products! Progress is slow and steady.

marinaanne147

(0) Hearts

I have made some serious progress since I last updated this a month ago! Yay! I'm so proud of myself. Here's the current standing of my Project 10 Pan:

2. Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Styling Spray 

3. MAC Date Night Dazzleglass (Been using this as often as is appropriate.)

5. M.A.C. Eyeshadow in Once Upon A Time (LE) (My dent is getting bigger but I don't think I'll hit pan for a while)

6. Clinique 1.7 oz. DDML

7. Buxom Lash 

8. Clinique Long Last Glosswear in Air Kiss

9. Tarte Double Sided Eyeliner (1/2 left...I’ve sharpened it around 4 times since I started and it’s due for another sharpening soon)

10. Herbal Essences Tousle Me Soft Mousse 

7/10! Yay! Next to go: The Dazzleglass. Even though the season I wear it most in is over, I can definitely use a light coat of it at nights and be able to finish it! The eyeshadow will probably be last to go. I’m in such a good mood now!

marinaanne147

To my COMPLETE surprise and excitement, I HIT PAN on the eyeshadow! So I'm crossing it out because all I wanted to do was hit pan as this is my first eyeshadow "pan hitting" and finishing the whole pan would take ages. Hitting pan was my only requirement from the start, and I'll still use the eyeshadow eitherway as it's my go to inner corner highlight. 

ALMOST DONE! Here's the current standing of my Project 10 Pan:

2. Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Styling Spray 

3. MAC Date Night Dazzleglass (Haven't used this in a while...really need to but it's just not a good summer gloss)

5. M.A.C. Eyeshadow in Once Upon A Time (LE)

6. Clinique 1.7 oz. DDML

7. Buxom Lash 

8. Clinique Long Last Glosswear in Air Kiss

9. Tarte Double Sided Eyeliner (1/2 left...I’ve sharpened it around 5 times I think. It's not my favorite liner)

10. Herbal Essences Tousle Me Soft Mousse 

8/10 finished = 4/5 done! WOW! I did just buy 2 makeup products but I'm justifying them. It's a reward for getting this far, which is dumb but whatever! I'm off to camp for 3 weeks and I'm bringing the eyeliner (and a sharpener) so hopefully I'll get to use that a bunch. I'm not bringing the lipgloss though as I just won't wear it and I don't want to force myself to. I'll finish it up later.  

makeupnewbie78

A change of plan:

Skincare-Face:

1. Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion SPF 60

2. Avene High Protection Cream SPF 50

3. Loreal Youth Code

4. Walgreens Alpha Hydroxy 8% Cream

5. Korres Wild Rose Moisturizer

6. Korres Wild Rose Moisturizer (I have two jars!)

6. Clarins Super Restorative Total Eye Concentrate

7. Boots Sensitive Gentle Refreshing Toner

8. Hadalabo Hyaluronic acid Toner

9. Lush Magnaminty

10. Lush Angels on Bare Skin

Hair Project 5 Pan

1. Alterna Caviar Moisturizing Silk Shampoo

2. Joico K-Pak Conditioner

3. Lush American Cream Conditioner

4. Lush Veganese Conditioner

5. Lush Dr. Peppermint Shampoo Bar

Makeup Project 5 PAN

1. Boscia BB Cream

2. Freshel BB Cream

3. Bare Escentuals Blush in Glee

4. Bare Escentuals Blush in Golden Gate

5. Clinique Cream Shaper For Eyes in Chocolate Lustre

I've changed my mind on the project I've posted.

Instead of 3 Project 10 Pans, I'm doing 1 Skincare Project 10 Pan

and two Project 5 Pans for haircare and makeup.

I tend to be all-or-nothing when it comes to setting/achieving my goals,

so I need a smaller, more attainable goals... or I'll just give up :smileysad:

elizbeth1972

Ugh, haven't made much progress

1. Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue Body Cream

2. Philosophy Pure Grace Body Spray

3. Stila Eye Shadow (Shore) - the pan is like 2/3 empty, but i feel like i will never finish

4. Lancome Eye Shadow (Dark Green, forgot name) - there is literally just specks of this, but it is so highly pigmented and you need so little, that it takes forever

5. Jergens Natural Glow

6. Fresh Sugar Lip Balm - almost done, scrapping the bottom

7. Exfoliating Foot Cream (Drugstore Brand)

8. Origins Spot Treatment

9. Too Faced LashGasm (I have way too many Mascaras) - maybe a few days application left

10. Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum

jxw200

woah, go you!

and thanks for your opinion sephoramusthave!

marinaanne147

(0) Hearts

Thanks jxw200! 

roseheart

It has been a while but I finished two products finally:

1. Lanza Hair Spray Total Recall Styling Aid. (FINISHED)

2. Aveda Phomollient Styling Form. (FINISHED)

3. Urban Decay Toasted  Eyeshadow.  (The dent is getting bigger but there is still a lot of product left)

4. Elf Studio Blush in Tickled Pink. (I see a dip on one side and I think I might hit pan within a month. Fingers crossed!)

5. Stila One Step Makeup Foundation. (About 1/4 left)

6. Lush Porridge Soap. (Have one slice left out of four)

7.  Bath and Body Works Secret Wonderland Body Lotion.(FINISHED)

8. VS Secret Moments Island Escape Body Splash. (FINISHED)

9. Mary Kay Crystalline Eyeshadow. Use it as a brow bone highlight but it really just blends away. (Has a good size dent in it)

10. Clean and Clear Morning Burst Facial Cleanser. (FINISHED)

11. Bath and Body Works Secret Wonderland Body Lotion.  (FINISHED)

12. TIGI Bedhead Hard Head Hairspray. (About 80% left)

13. Clinique Lip Palette. (About 75% left)

14. Aveda Light Elements Smoothing Fluid. (Have about 1/3 of the bottle left)

15. Burt’s Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream. (About 1/2 left)

16. TIGI Catwalk Oatmeal & Honey Conditioner 750 ML. (About 3/4 left)

17. TIGI Catwalk Oatmeal & Honey Shampoo 750 ML. (About 3/4 left)

18. Curel Foot Therapy. (About 1/2 left)

roseheart

[ Edited ]

OK I have been on a semi-project 10 pan for a while but now I think it is time for me to write it down :smileywink: Getting my own place next year I need to start put more money aside then I have been as of late. However I will allow myself two breaks. One for the vintage sale on Too Faced since I adore Too Faced, and the second is when my family takes a trip to the outlet mall where there is a CCO located. Ok so now to the list:

I'm going to start off with ten products but when I finish one I will replace it and I might add more then ten later

1. Lanza Hair Spray Total Recall Styling Aid. I find this product to be ok but I can get the same results with the couple other hair sprays I have in my stash. ( I have about 1-2 weeks left of this)

2. Aveda Phomollient Styling Form. I don't think this product does anything really except make my hair a little frizzy. ( I have about 1-2 weeks left of this as well)

3.Urban Decay Toasted Eyeshadow. I got the Naked palette last may and I have not really used it much so I want to try to finish an eyeshadow from it. ( I have a small dent in this)

4.Elf Studio Blush in Tickled Pink. ( I have a lot of blush and need to finish one so I picked this one since it is pink and goes with the Toasted eyeshadow. (Like new)

5.Stila One Step Makeup Foundation. This is not a bad product , got two of the products for $10 each, the color however is a little off. (Have maybe about 1/3 of this left)

6.Lush Porridge Soap. This is my first lush soap I got it on boxing day for some sale with another soap and I'm not that impressed with Lush. ( Cut it up into four pieces and have maybe 3 weeks left on my first slice)

7.Bath and Body Works Secret Wonderland Body Lotion.I have two of these and the lotion smells wonderful in the bottle but not on my skin I really just want to finish both of the bottles. (Have maybe 2-3 uses left in one of the bottle and the other is full still.

8.VS Secret Moments Island Escape Body Splash.Smells good but does not last at all. (Have about 1/2 of the bottle left)

9.Mary Kay Crystalline Eyeshadow. Use it as a browbone highlight but it really just blends away. (Has a good size dent in it)

10.Clean and Clear Morning Burst Facial Cleanser. I just needed it for a week and now I just want to be done with it. (Have about 2-3 weeks left of this)

waterbaby1981

Updating my list today!  However, I have definitely finished the Origins Mega Mushroom Cleanser, Algenist Eye Renewal Balm, Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief, and Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus.  All have been used up and recycled at the Origins counter at Macy's.

Here's the list:

1.  Chanel VitaLumiere Aqua Foundation almost there...I swear this is practically bottomless

2.  Laura Mercier Oil Free Primer (nearly gone, but I just received one that's practically full from my sister when this one is gone)

3.  Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm working on this still

4.  Nars Orgasm/Laguna Blush/Bronzer Duo

5.  Clinique Repairwear Intensive Night Cream (little over half of this gone...but this stuff WORKS. Just ordered a new one.)

6.  Ole Henriksen Ultimate Lift Eye Gel (half done...I swear it's bottomless too.)

7.  UD Eyeshadow Potion Primer in Eden

8.  UD Afterglow Cheek Tint in Fetish

9. Clinique Fresh Bloom Allover Color in Posy

10. Origins Mega Mushroom Eye Serum (1/4 left)

roseheart

[ Edited ]

Update: I finished two products and added two more products-

2. Aveda Phomollient Styling Form. I don't think this product does anything really except make my hair a little frizzy. ( I have about 1-2 weeks left of this as well)

3.Urban Decay Toasted Eyeshadow. I got the Naked palette last may and I have not really used it much so I want to try to finish an eyeshadow from it. ( I have a small dent in this)

4.Elf Studio Blush in Tickled Pink. I have a lot of blush and need to finish one so I picked this one since it is pink and goes with the Toasted eyeshadow. (Like new)

5.Stila One Step Makeup Foundation. This is not a bad product , got two of the products for $10 each, the color however is a little off. (Have maybe about 1/3 of this left)

6.Lush Porridge Soap. This is my first lush soap I got it on boxing day for some sale with another soap and I'm not that impressed with Lush. ( Cut it up into four pieces and have maybe 3 weeks left on my first slice)

7.Bath and Body Works Secret Wonderland Body Lotion.(FINISHED)

8.VS Secret Moments Island Escape Body Splash. Smells good but does not last at all. (Have about 1/2 of the bottle left)

9.Mary Kay Crystalline Eyeshadow. Use it as a browbone highlight but it really just blends away. (Has a good size dent in it)

10.Clean and Clear Morning Burst Facial Cleanser. I just needed it for a week and now I just want to be done with it. (Have about 2-3 weeks left of this)

11. Bath and Body Works Secret Wonderland Body Lotion. Final bottle and I just want to use it up. (Brand New)

12. TIGI Bedhead Hard Head Hairspray. (Brand New)

jxw200

good job everyone!! @sephoramusthave - your list and ability to complete things always impresses me!  how do you like the ole henriksen face mist? I love that scent, but i don't know if the mist actually does anything!?

with the help of my boyfriend, we've almost finished gwp sizes of clinique moisture surge and dramatically different lotion... and i think we may have finished body wash so far this year, but I don't really remember. Also we're getting close on the HUGE tub of First aid beauty ultra repair cream... Does that count? 

i get no where with my makeup as i expected lol. 

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

jxw200---I liked the Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Face Mist while I had it, but I dont like it enough to repurchase. It tingles in a cooling way the first time you use it, but every time after that its just a soothing, calming toner. The only toner I like enough to buy over and over again is Thayers.

roseheart

Update: finished two more products and added two more. It will be a while before I finish anything else now-

2. Aveda Phomollient Styling Form.(FINISHED)

3.Urban Decay Toasted Eyeshadow. I got the Naked palette last May and I have not really used it much so I want to try to finish an eyeshadow from it. ( I have a small dent in this)

4.Elf Studio Blush in Tickled Pink. I have a lot of blush and need to finish one so I picked this one since it is pink and goes with the Toasted eyeshadow. (Like new)

5.Stila One Step Makeup Foundation. This is not a bad product , got two of the products for $10 each, the color however is a little off. (Have maybe about 1/3 of this left)

6.Lush Porridge Soap. (Have two slices left out of four)

7.Bath and Body Works Secret Wonderland Body Lotion.(FINISHED)

8.VS Secret Moments Island Escape Body Splash. Smells good but does not last at all. (Have about 1/4 of the bottle left)

10.Clean and Clear Morning Burst Facial Cleanser. (FINISHED)

11. Bath and Body Works Secret Wonderland Body Lotion. Final bottle and I just want to use it up. (Brand New)

12. TIGI Bedhead Hard Head Hairspray. (Brand New)

13. Clinique Lip Palette. (Like New)

14. Aveda Light Elements Smoothing Fluid. (Have about 1/3 of the bottle left)

jxw200

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

1. too faced primed & poreless bronze tint (i have a few samples & a full size - i want to finish the samples!) 

2. clinique high impact mascara (i have two sample sizes, i think 1 is at the 3 month mark!) --> threw them out

3. philosophy purity (i have 2 2oz bottles) 

4. smashbox limitless liner in onyx (a few minis)

5. benefit cream shadow in rsvp (deluxe sample size) 

6. nars multiple in south beach mini

7. any of the mini nars glosses i have (waaay too many)

8. smashbox fusion softlights (2minis) 

9. one of my c.o bigelow lemon lip balms 

10. lancome bi-facil remover (2 mini bottles)

i gave up on the 2nd bottle of purity and bifacil (gonna give them away) but overall i've done terrible on my 10 pan! i really should focus on it! i think i might give away my benefit cream shadow mini too? hmm.

geminibreeze

(0) Hearts

Tarte Lip FRxtion

Kate Somerville Exfolikate Travel Size 

Lancome Genifique Eye Concentrate Travel Sample

Fekkai Protein RX Treatment (about 1/3rd left)

Avon Foot Works Intensive Callus Cream (prolly 2/3rds, I have alot of foot creams open)

Skyn Iceland Antioxidant Calming Serum

Clarins Vital Light Serum (Travel Sample) (1/2 left)

Garnier Nutrioniste Skin Renew Anti-Sun-Damage (Nearly Full, I can't use it on my face so I want to use it on my neck and decollete for the SPF in it)

Super Lush Lips (2/3 rds left)

DDF Ultra Lite Oil-Free Moisturizing Dew Travel  1.oz Nearly Full

DDF Amplifying Elixir Sample

Dior Lip Glow (1/3rd left)

Hottest Body By Victoria Crackling Bust Firmer (it's okay to laugh it was a gift to me, and I wanna use it up already! lol 1/2 left)

Lancome Cils Booster XL (Can't tell for sure, but I know it's nearing the point to be thrown out)

Clinique High Impact Mascara Sample (full nearing to be thrown out time)

Korres Mascara (prolly half way, nearing to be thrown out time)

Grassroots Research Labs Bamboo Anti-Redness Cream (2/3rds full)

PTR Lashes to Die For (hard to tell, but I had it awhile already)

C.O Bigelow My Favorite Night Balm (2/3rds full)

Philosophy Miracle Worker Pads (only 3 left lol)

waterbaby1981

You know, it figures I'm finishing stuff up that's not on my list again.  Now it's Clinique's Moisture Surge, the Algenist eye renewal balm, and Fresh Sugar Lip Treatments in Rose and Original! (My Dove body wash too...the new one I got, Cream Oil with Cherry Blossom/Almond scent smells SOOO good!)

I'm starting to think I need a 10 pan just for skincare at this point.  I've got MAYBE a quarter of a bottle left of my Origins Mega Mushroom Advanced Face Serum and probably half of the Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus serum.  I'm busy imagining the look on my husband's face right now when he realizes all of my skincare is starting to run out at the same time.  He's going to freak.  However, if it's the same stuff I normally use up and I'm not buying extras of stuff I won't really use, he can't get really too mad about it.  Which I'm just saying now for the record, he just AGREED to.

dianabt

@waterbaby1981 I just LOL'd at your line saying you were imaging the look on your husbands face when you run out of your skincare all at once.. hahaah, I hate when that happens, I usually run out of an eye product first before my moisturizer, helps to keep me from doing one huge haul at once I guess! :smileyhappy: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
waterbaby1981

[ Edited ]

Diana, what's really sad is that I did a rough estimate of how much I would spend in a year on skincare alone the other day too.  If I replace JUST the things I use on a daily basis (and this does not include night treatments, masks, or body care), it runs just over $1000 a year.  Then you factor in Sephora and the fact that most of us cannot go in there without getting something OTHER than what we went in for.

The skincare used (fall/winter skin) on a daily basis, to break it down:

Origins Mega Mushroom Face Cleanser ($37?)

Clinique Step 2 Clarifying Lotion 2 ($21)

Clinique All About Eyes Rollerball Serum ($26)

Origins Mega Mushroom Advanced Face Serum ($66)

Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus ($44.50)

Algenist Eye Renewal Balm ($65)

Clinique Step 3 Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion ($24.50)

Supergoop Sunscreen Swipes SPF 30+ ($34)

Usually I can go about 5-6 months with the Clinique 3 Step, so that's $61 x 2.

The rollerball serum is at least 4-5 months usually (I'm not even halfway through with the one I got a couple months back.), so that's 26 x 2.  Eye cream is usually about 65 x 3.

Serums are usually out every other month, so let's say 66 x 6 and 45 x 6. 

We won't add up the sunscreen since that's a non-negotiable ALWAYS.

So:

61 x 2= 122

26 x 2= 52

66 x 6= 396

45 x 6= 270

65 x 3= 195

final total if I get just those items consistently whenever I run out is $1035

I don't even want to think about what I spend on makeup every year!  (If I was really bored, I probably could gather all the bank statements up and then add all of THAT up, but I really don't want to think about it.)

BTW, TI-83, 85, and 89 graphing calculators are wonderful things when you're trying to add up numbers.  It lets you see the list you've done!  ESPECIALLY helpful when you're balancing your checkbook too.  :smileyvery-happy:

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]

I have completely spent my ClickR Stop Time Night Cream so now I have 9 items left. Can I add another item or do I have to wait until I finish off the rest of the products to make a new project? If I can add a new item, I'll go with Dior Creme de Rose Lipbalm. So here's the new list:

1. Dior Gloss Show in Charlotte Moka ( Half Full)

2. Benefit Some Kinda Gorgeous Foundation in Original ( Almost empty but I do have a brand new backup and I wont take it off the list until I spend them both)

3. Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in RSVP ( Half full but I do have backup)

4. Sibu Beauty Sea Buckthorn Facial Soap ( almost gone but I do have backup)

5. Sibu Beauty Sea Buckthorn Facial Cleanser ( new, used only 4-5 times)

6. Dior Creme de Rose Lipbalm ( Half Full)

7. Mario Badescu Whitening Mask ( Half Full)

8. Thayers Alcohol Free Toner in Original ( almost empty, but I do have backup)

9. Avalon Organics Lavender Scrub ( 1/3 left)

10. TheBalm Mary Loumanizer ( I've hit pan but there's more than half left)

katie723

@sephoramusthave how do you like the mario badescu whitening mask? i used it for about 8 weeks and didn't notice a difference so I stopped using it. i liked the smell, but thought it didn't do my scars any justice! :smileysad:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 245 replies
  • 334 hearts
  • 49 in conversation
    • runy
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • hydee77
    • maltipoo66
    • brandiandi