katie723

PROJECT 10 PAN

Have you been buying way too many beauty products lately? Is your vanity overflowing with way too much clutter? If you haven't heard of the Project 10 Pan (which I believe started on Youtube, that's where I heard about it!), let me briefly describe what it is. You select 10 (or however many you'd like) products, whether it's makeup, skincare, hair products or all. You must finish these 10 products in its entirely (or "hit pan", where you have used so much of the product that you see the bottom of the "pan") before you are allowed to buy new makeup products. This really helps with appreciating what you have rather than buying more and more things, leaving older products you have to sit in the dust! *There are also exceptions, for example, if you run out of concealer... you can allow yourself to purchase another concealer even if you haven't completed the Project 10 Pan.

Is anyone else doing a Project 10 Pan?! I definitely needed to control myself after IMATS LA and tons of Sephora gift cards for my birthday and the recent UD sale! So, I started up my Project 10 Pan again two weeks ago! I'm determined not to be good and stick with it!

Here are my items that I've chosen for my Project 10 Pan:

1. Sephora Mineral Foundation Powder in Medium 25 - I've had this since March and I'm barely half way!! I use this daily.

2. Sephora Lip Gloss in Pink Ballerina - about half way through.

3. Clinique Lip Gloss in Bamboo Pink - about half way through.

4. NYX Lip Gloss in Beige - still have more than 3/4 of the product left!

5. Stila Liquid Eye Liner in Black - I'll finish this in about a month or so.

6. BADgal Lash - I have about half a month left til I need to throw it out.

7. L'oreal Voluminous Mascara - still have about 2 months til I need to throw it out.

8. Maybelline One by One Mascara - will be throwing this out in a couple weeks.

9. UD Primer Potion - I have two small samples, but I really don't know how long they will last!

10. ELF Blush in Tickled Pink - I haven't even hit pan with this!

and any of my UD eye shadows in my Naked palette, which I haven't even hit pan with!

This will definitely take a long time to complete, but I'm okay with that because I really need to save my money and just enjoy what I have! :smileyhappy:

Let me know what your list looks like! :smileyhappy:

eelias

Re: PROJECT 10 PAN

[ Edited ]

I am currently trying to finish the following items:

1.Revlon: Photo Ready in Light Medium .25 oz
2. Pixi: RoseLip Treat in No.1 Lip Nude .06oz 
3.Revlon: Peach Parfait Lip Butter .09oz
4.MAC: Dazzleglass in Smile .06 oz
5.Urban Decay: Supercurl Mini
6. Maybelline: Line Stylist Sapphire Glimmer .001 oz
7.Urban Decay: Zero .03oz
8.Smashbox: Photo Finish Mini .30 oz
9.Clinique: Repairwear .17oz
10. Andalou Naturals: Blemish Vanishing Gel .6 oz
11.The Body Shop: Tea Tree Foaming Face Wash
12.Alba Botanicals: Nature Acne Dote 6 oz
13.Urban Decay: Clean & Sober 3.4oz
14.Keri: Renewal Serum 4 oz
15.Juicy Couture: Royal Body Creme 6.7 oz = $2
16.Loreal Body Scrub 
17.Gilette: Satin Care Floral Passion Shave Gel 7oz
18.MUFE: Blush Cream in #6 .13oz Sample

19.MAC: Studio Sculpt Concealer NW25 .19oz
20. Elizabeth Arden Tea Tree Perfume
21.Revlon: Photo Ready in Rich Ginger 1oz

BTW I finished the Juicy Couture one 2 days ago. I actually started this specific list  in March.

eelias

(0) Hearts

So far I have finished the following items:

1.Jouer Lip Enhacer Conditioning Lip Treatment Mini

2.Amorepacific Moisturebound Creme 

3.UD Brightening Primer Sample

4. Sephora Instant Moisturizer

5.Purity Face Cleanser Small Bottle

6.The Body Shop Tea Tree Foam Cleanser Full Size

7. Bath and Body Works Cucumber Melon Mist (only had about 1/8 left when i started project 10% pan)

8. Bath and Body Works Butterfly Spray Mini

9. Britney Spears Curious (Full Size but only had about 1/8 left when i started)

10.Secret Clinical Sport Deoderant

11.Skintamite Shave Gel

12.VS Love Spell Shower Gel

13.Loreal Waterproof Voluminous Mascara

14. Jemma Kidd Jet Back Mascara

15.Pixi Lash Booster Mascara in Blackest Black

16. Revlon Colorstay in Warm Golden

Keep in mind i've been attempting a Prohect 10% Pan for about 2 months now...but i broke during the Black Friday Sales.

katie723

@jxw200 i got Stay Dont Stray in one of those benefit $27 sets that came with erase paste and one of the creaseless cream eye shadows. I don't use anything from that set, so that was a fail!

@eelias nice idea, it sounds similar to jxw200 Variation on No Buy thread... you should check it out and join us! =) and good luck, girl! :smileyhappy:

geminibreeze

I decided to join in! I have alot of products that are almost done, (it's like I get Product A.D.D and never finish before starting something new! lol). Since most are half used and such I'm going to do a Project 20Pan! Definetly need to put myself on a no-buy after all the great discounted stuff lately!

Tarte Lip FRxtion (about 1/3rd  left)

Kate Somerville Exfolikate Travel Size (about 1/2 left)

Lancome Genifique Eye Concentrate Travel Sample (about 1/2 Left)

Fekkai Protein RX Treatment (about 1/3rd left)

Avon Foot Works Intensive Callus Cream (prolly 2/3rds, I have alot of foot creams open)

Skyn Iceland Antioxidant Calming Serum (1/3rd left)

Clarins Vital Light Serum (Travel Sample) (1/2 left)

Garnier Nutrioniste Skin Renew Anti-Sun-Damage (Nearly Full, I can't use it on my face so I want to use it on my neck and decollete for the SPF in it)

Super Lush Lips (2/3 rds left)

DDF Ultra Lite Oil-Free Moisturizing Dew Travel  1.oz Nearly Full

DDF Amplifying Elixir Sample Nearly Full

Dior Lip Glow (1/3rd left)

Hottest Body By Victoria Crackling Bust Firmer (it's okay to laugh it was a gift to me, and I wanna use it up already! lol 1/2 left)

Lancome Cils Booster XL (Can't tell for sure, but I know it's nearing the point to be thrown out)

Clinique High Impact Mascara Sample (full nearing to be thrown out time)

Korres Mascara (prolly half way, nearing to be thrown out time)

Grassroots Research Labs Bamboo Anti-Redness Cream (2/3rds full)

PTR Lashes to Die For (hard to tell, but I had it awhile already)

C.O Bigelow My Favorite Night Balm (2/3rds full)

Philosophy Miracle Worker Pads (1/3rd left)

Whew!

eelias

(0) Hearts

How is the C.O Bigelow My Favorite Night Balm ?

geminibreeze

(0) Hearts

@ Eelias I really like it. I'm very picky with my lipbalms, and I find this hydrates very well. (It's actually a good value too it's about 8$ I bought it when Bath & Body had BOGO Free). It does more for my lips then the Percone Super does.

brandiandi

@Eelias-I like the 10% idea! I haven't heard of that one before. Good luck!

brandiandi

1. Formula 10.0.6 Deep Down Detox Ultra-Cleansing Mud Mask

2. Physician's Formula Tinted Moisturizer(Maybe 1/4 left)--Backup Clinique Super Balanced(Still going strong!) 

3. C.O. Bigelow lip gloss, Clinique vitamin smoothie, Burt's Bees Acai chapstick, Chapstick brand, and labella fruity shine

4. Sonia Kashuk super sheer liquid tint (I keep forgetting about this lip smoothie! oops)

5. Covergirl all in one professional mascara (2 months left)--backup Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes Blinc mascara 

(Using a L'Oreal Mascara that I bought)

6. Lorac behind the scenes eye primer

7. Estee Lauder double wear eye pencil(Working on this one..it will probably take me the longest)

8. Blinc liquid eyeliner(sample from birch box)

9. Lip Venom(Only 1/4 left)

10. All my face moisturizer, wash, and sun block samples. (I still have two more sunblocks!)

Wow, I really thought I would be done by now! 2 months...

mish2378

wow brandi you're doing great. I am sick of the mess the smashbox dna mascara is making a mess on my face. I might just toss it.

brandiandi

@Mish-Yeah, I really hated the Blinc mascara and just ended up tossing it when I couldn't take it anymore. I have really been grinding away at these products using them every single day if I can! Especially the lip products...I find myself putting on lip gloss when I normally wouldn't. haha

maltipoo66

Hey!  Here's my update :smileyhappy:

1. Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover

2. Mufe HD primer in Blue (less than 1/4 left)

3. Benefit Stay Don't Stay (started to get thicker and more drying-and expiration was up)

4. Mufe lift concealer (still about 1/2 left)

5. Smashbox Afterglow lipgloss (a little less than 1/2 left)

6. Sephora Color palette in Taupe Model (2 of 6 hit pan)

7. Urban Decay Bourbon Eyeliner (about 2/3 left-this is lasting forever!)

8. Benefit Lipgloss Life on the A List

9. Bare Escentuals Hydrating Mineral Veil (still about 1/2 full)

10. Korres Tinted Moisturizer in Light Sand (about 1/2 full)

Definitely getting there!  Talk to you soon!

jxw200

Ah all of you guys are doing awesome!! Good job!!
brandiandi

Ok, it has been exactly one month since I started project 10 pan, so I figured I would update.

1. Formula 10.0.6 Deep Down Detox Ultra-Cleansing Mud Mask(1/8 full Maybe 2-3 uses left)

2. Physician's Formula Tinted Moisturizer(Maybe 1/4 left)--Backup Clinique Super Balanced(Not sure how much of this is left, but it is starting to feel pretty empty)

3. C.O. Bigelow lip gloss, Clinique vitamin smoothie, Burt's Bees Acai chapstick, Chapstick brand(all almost finished-less than 1/4 left), and labella fruity shine (full)(Only have the lip gloss, lip smoothie, an labello fruity shine. Just about done with the lip gloss, really have to push it to get it out, the lip smoothie I have no idea because it is a clicker, and the labello will be about

another week)

4. Sonia Kashuk super sheer liquid tint

5. Covergirl all in one professional mascara (2 months left)--backup Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes (The sample is pretty

small, so I am pretty much done with it. I have a Blinc mascara (from my brichbox of Oct.to work on now)

6. Lorac behind the scenes eye primer(About 1/4 left)

7. Estee Lauder double wear eye pencil(This seems never ending...)

8. Blinc liquid eyeliner(sample from birch box)

9. Lip Venom(Only 1/4 left)

10. All my face moisturizer, wash, and sun block samples. (In the past month I somehow acquired so many of these)(I still have some sunblock samples to get through)

All in all I don't think I will be going much longer. It is amazing how much faster I get through things when I force myself to use them everyday. Have a great Halloween everyone!

prettyinpa

My project is coming right along. As others have noted, I am using up other items that I didn' t put on my list, but have made a concentrated effort to use up.

I threw out the last of some Maybelline Eye Makeup remover that seems to be all oil and no liquid (it's one of those bi-phase kinds) and not working properly. (Have a wonderful bottle of MAC Pro eye makeup remover to take it's place, Yay!)

Here's how my list is coming along:

1) MAC lipstick in Wuss. This is my all-time favorite nude lip color that they don't make anymore, but since it's down to 1/3 I have a chance at using it up. Plus I get the container for Back to MAC, yay, free makeup! Still working on this one

2) Benefit They're Real Mascara- The deluxe sample one from Sephora, tested once and found to be ok, just not my favorite. Found it (it was lost on my desk, got inspired and cleaned off desk and Voila!) and am working on it, it's probably 1/2 gone.

3) Too Faced Pink Leopard Blush- about 1/4 left now, was 1/2 when I started 5 pan. Pan is definitely showing, though I will keep at it til it's gone.

4) MAC tinted lip conditioner SPF 15 in some rose shade, the label fell off, 1/2. Very little left, when it hits the tube, I'll dig out the rest and put in a lip mix MAC tray.

5)Stila waterproof glitter eyeliner in Flash- can't tell how much is in here, but it's relatively new. 

6) Kinerase Deep Wrinkle Control can't tell how much is in there, but it feels like more than 1/2.

7) MAC shadow in Little Minx

8) Sephora Lash Booster-Done and tossed.

9) Shu Uemura Lash Primer Done and tossed

10) Pixi Illuminated Tint and Conceal  Done and tossed

Yay!!

waterbaby1981

[ Edited ]

Haha, it figures that right after I visited Origins yesterday, I used up the last of my Caudalie Premier Cru Eye Cream!  So here's a revised list:

1.  Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 in Bare Radiance

2.  Clinique All About Eyes Rich (maybe a 1/3 left; since this is now the only eye cream I'm using right now, should be gone before long)

3.  Clinique Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser (about 1/4 left, getting close!)

4.  Nars Orgasm/Laguna Blush/Bronzer Duo

5.  Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder (not much left, I can see there's only a little.  No longer bottomless!)

6.  Chanel Eclat Lumiere (taking more clicks to get product now)

7.  UD Eyeshadow Potion Primer in Eden

8.  UD Afterglow Cheek Tint in Fetish

9.  Clinique Fresh Bloom Allover Color in Peony

10. Caudalie Premier Cru Eye Cream  (all gone!)

So now I need a new one.  Maybe Modern Friction scrub from Origins?  I still have half of the jar left and that's the only scrub I'm using on my face lately.  (Plus I'm fairly sure I have a bigger size underneath the sink too.)

....I do have a confession to make though.  I put myself on no-buy for October and ended up having to break it because my face decided to freak out and do reactive redness again due to the seasons changing.  So I had to buy the Origins Plantidote Serum that was in a $68 gift set with smaller sizes of the matching cleanser, mask and full size face cream.  And since I was there and out of my Clinique Sparkle Skin Body Scrub, I got that too and the Step 2 Clarifying Lotion (which I'm almost out of).

So my skin decided to freak and make me break my no-buy!

prettyinpa

@waterbaby-  The best laid plans.....

Oh well, you didn't just go nuts and buy stuff you were lusting after but didn't need, so I think we can all give you a pass!

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

waterbaby: That Origins Dr. Weil Mega Mushroom kit that you just bought is what I want to get for myself for the holidays! I LOVE the Origins holiday giftsets, they are all fantastic. I've sampled the face cream and its great. You absolutely get a pass! :smileyvery-happy:

waterbaby1981

@sephoramusthave:  24-48 hours of using the Mega Mushroom stuff and my face is calm.  Thank GOD!  And yes, it's a full size face cream.  Of course, my scalp has gone crazy too, now that it's colder in the PNW, so when it's not staticky, it's flaking.  Just finally got my hair cut last night though, so much more manageable now.  Plus less drying time!

I just used up the last of my Chanel Eclat Lumiere, so that's off my list.  Time to use the Laura Mercier Secret Brightener pen I have in my makeup case!  (I think there's about half left.)

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Oh wow thats amazing. I've always loved Origins! ( minus their horrible organic face lotion though >_<)

I'm almost out of my last compact of Benefit Some Kinda Gorgeous Foundation ( I think I can get 2 more uses out of it) and I'm kinda bummed about it. I love it and it goes perfectly over my natural moisturizing sunblocks but its sooo pricey for the amount you get. If I put on the thinnest layer posible, just enough to cover up sunscreen and even out skintone I run out of it in 3 weeks or less. 

I love pressed powder foundations as well, and have a brand new Lancome Dual Finish lying around, but it looks best with a matte sunscreen like Neutrogena Pure and Free Liquid Daily Sunblock, which I dont have anymore. My skin is dry and sensitive right now so I NEED the moisturizing sunscreen in the AM.

Curses!

jxw200

@sephoramusthave i think that means it's time to go shopping...! that's surprising that Some Kinda Gorgeous runs out so quickly! is that the travel size or the full size (or am i confusing it with something else?) 

i'm getting closer to finishing my small bottle of purity... so that's good. don't think i've gotten anywhere with anything else though

sephoramusthave

Its the full size! I've gone through at least 14 of these compacts in full size...love it but they need more product! 

I'll just use my Lancome Dual Finish ( LOVE) when I'm out, I just have to let the sunblock absorb for awhile before I buff it in. Now this foundation...comes with a LOT of product and it doesnt cost much more than my SKG. Well, its a lot compared with everyone else's powders...for this price, most compacts give you .25 oz of powder but this gives you .67 oz!

I also have an Almay Loose powder...I bought it over the summer to cover up sunscreen on vacation because I didnt want to use my expensive makeup so I have to use that up as well. 

Because I have 2 other foundations, I dont see the need to get one right now. Plus I really want to keep saving for Christmas.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 242 replies
  • 330 hearts
  • 47 in conversation
    • runy
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • hydee77
    • maltipoo66
    • brandiandi