katie723

PROJECT 10 PAN

Have you been buying way too many beauty products lately? Is your vanity overflowing with way too much clutter? If you haven't heard of the Project 10 Pan (which I believe started on Youtube, that's where I heard about it!), let me briefly describe what it is. You select 10 (or however many you'd like) products, whether it's makeup, skincare, hair products or all. You must finish these 10 products in its entirely (or "hit pan", where you have used so much of the product that you see the bottom of the "pan") before you are allowed to buy new makeup products. This really helps with appreciating what you have rather than buying more and more things, leaving older products you have to sit in the dust! *There are also exceptions, for example, if you run out of concealer... you can allow yourself to purchase another concealer even if you haven't completed the Project 10 Pan.

Is anyone else doing a Project 10 Pan?! I definitely needed to control myself after IMATS LA and tons of Sephora gift cards for my birthday and the recent UD sale! So, I started up my Project 10 Pan again two weeks ago! I'm determined not to be good and stick with it!

Here are my items that I've chosen for my Project 10 Pan:

1. Sephora Mineral Foundation Powder in Medium 25 - I've had this since March and I'm barely half way!! I use this daily.

2. Sephora Lip Gloss in Pink Ballerina - about half way through.

3. Clinique Lip Gloss in Bamboo Pink - about half way through.

4. NYX Lip Gloss in Beige - still have more than 3/4 of the product left!

5. Stila Liquid Eye Liner in Black - I'll finish this in about a month or so.

6. BADgal Lash - I have about half a month left til I need to throw it out.

7. L'oreal Voluminous Mascara - still have about 2 months til I need to throw it out.

8. Maybelline One by One Mascara - will be throwing this out in a couple weeks.

9. UD Primer Potion - I have two small samples, but I really don't know how long they will last!

10. ELF Blush in Tickled Pink - I haven't even hit pan with this!

and any of my UD eye shadows in my Naked palette, which I haven't even hit pan with!

This will definitely take a long time to complete, but I'm okay with that because I really need to save my money and just enjoy what I have! :smileyhappy:

Let me know what your list looks like! :smileyhappy:

mish2378

Re: PROJECT 10 PAN

1. mac fix plus
  2. benefit stay don't stray ( sample)
  3. Embrolisse moisturizer
  4. urban decay 24/7 pencil in underground
  5. Trish Mcevoy in Heather ( almost done ( only the sides remain)
  6. smashbox mascara ( dna)
  7. bb cream ( forgot the name
  8. tarte primer
  9. mac lipgloss ( boy bait)  I have been working on this for a long time ( glad to see it gone)
  10.  mac msn - natural
jxw200

i finished one of my mini bottles of lancome bifacil! yay! I don't really want to use the other one so I think I may use it as part of a gift? :smileyhappy:

jxw200

It totally is progress! Good job!!
katie723

[ Edited ]

wow, look at everyone finishing up products!! fantastic job so far, EVERYONE! :smileyhappy:

1. Sephora Mineral Foundation Powder in Medium 25

2. Sephora Lip Gloss in Pink Ballerina - ive been keeping this in my pocket at work for touch ups!

3. Clinique Lip Gloss in Bamboo Pink

4. NYX Lip Gloss in Beige

5. Stila Liquid Eye Liner in Black DRIED UP! tossed this out this past weekend!

6. BADgal Lash - finished.

7. L'oreal Voluminous Mascara

8. Maybelline One by One Mascara - finished.

9. UD Primer Potion - geez, there is so much in this lil sample!

10. ELF Blush in Tickled Pink

11. Estee Lauder Stay In Place Concealer

12. Stila Sun Bronzer Powder

13. Buxom Lash

The next anticipated item to get used up completely would be... the mascaras. Then my Sephora lip gloss or the concealer. It's a longgg shot for the rest of the items! I'm okay with that, I'm counting on Xmas for any new makeup treats =)

katie723

[ Edited ]

It's been about 20 days, so here's my update:

1. Sephora Mineral Foundation Powder in Medium 25 - will probably finish in a month or two.

2. Sephora Lip Gloss in Pink Ballerina - 1/4 left

3. Clinique Lip Gloss in Bamboo Pink replacing this with Too Face Lip Gloss in Sex Pot - I'm more than 1/2 done! :smileyhappy:

4. NYX Lip Gloss in Beige - took this off because I have not used it in forever.

5. Stila Liquid Eye Liner in Black finished.

6. BADgal Lash - finished.

7. L'oreal Voluminous Mascara tossed this; i've had it for 5-6 months & it wasn't hold my curl anymore.

8. Maybelline One by One Mascara - finished.

9. UD Primer Potion - i really can't tell, but i think i'm getting to the bottom of it!

10. ELF Blush in Tickled Pink - i'm seeing more and more of the pan every day! i still have 1/2+ left.

11. Estee Lauder Stay In Place Concealer - i want to replace this in March if it lasts that long.

12. Stila Sun Bronzer Powder took this off because it was too harsh on my tan-less face. 

13. Buxom Lash - it is in its last few uses! 

I've finished FOUR products so far.

SEVEN products remain, hoping to finish any 6 to complete the Project 10 Pan.

THREE products will be finished up before the new year. I'm determined! :smileyhappy:

Other Finished Products:

• Lush Vanishing Cream Moisturizer
  • Lush Tea Tree Water Toner (small bottle)
  • Blow Volumizing Shampoo (deluxe sample - I hated that stuff, made my hair all tangled!)
  • Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Acne Body Scrub
  • Philosophy's On A Clear Day Retinol Clarifying Lotion
  • Marc Jacobs Daisy Perfume
  • Bath and Body Works Sheer Freesia Body Lotion (travel size)
brandiandi

Great job Katie! You are so brave for putting a blush on there...I don't think I'll ever be able to finish one haha

katie723

i recently started using a deluxe sample of NARS pro-prime face primer and i LOVE it. i might add it to my 10 pan because i do want to buy a full size tube of it! :smileyhappy:

@jxw200 thanks! :smileyhappy:

@brandiandi LOL! well, ive had this blush for the longesttttttttttt time! and still, i probably won't finish it for several months. here's how far i am with it:

blush.jpg

jxw200

Yay about the nars primer! I didn't like the previous versions but I have a sample from the vib hatbox so perhaps I'll try it out too? :smileyhappy:
katie723

yes, @jxw200 try it out! =) i got it in my hatbox also! i loveeee it!

my face was feeling dry around my mouth and chin because of the weather, so my powder foundation wasn't helping it! the primer helped keep my face moisturized (not greasy or oily) and kept my cheeks and forehead shine-free!

jxw200

Glad to hear it! You should return stay don't stray! (unless that was a hatbox sample too? I haven't tried mine but may give it to a coworker who likes it!)

In other news I finished my favorite face wash (neutrogena) & am almost done with a shampoo and philosophy blue snowcone body wash!
jxw200

wow katie! GOOD JOB!

katie723

To all,

What do you think is the most challenging part of this 10 Pan Project?

waterbaby1981

So here's the latest update:

1.  Chanel VitaLumiere Aqua Foundation (probably about 1/2 done, feels lighter than it used to)

2.  Origins A Perfect World Toner

3.  Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.  Nars Orgasm/Laguna Blush/Bronzer Duo

5.  A Perfect World Moisturizer SPF 25

6.  Origins Starting Over moisturizer (using this at night)

7.  UD Eyeshadow Potion Primer in Eden

8.  UD Afterglow Cheek Tint in Fetish

9.  Clinique Fresh Bloom Allover Color in Posy

10. Origins Modern Friction Facial Scrub (less than 1/4 of the jar left)

I've now used up completely the Turnaround Overnight cream, Repairwear Laser Focus, and Origins Mega Mushroom Face Serum. So it looks like I've got 5 skincare and 5 makeup up there now (I seriously need to use the skincare stuff I HAVE before I buy any more...unless it's keeping my face from flaring up with red cheeks). I ended up taking seven empties to Origins! 

***If everyone doesn't already know this, all Origins counters or free standing stores usually have a large cardboard box that are designated especially for empty recycleables for makeup and cleansers/moisturizers, etc.  Most people don't realize that those empty compacts and bottles can't actually be tossed into our regular recycle bins at home, so please take them to an Origins counter when you go to the mall if you have empties, please.  (They threw in a deluxe size mascara and a pretty good size Ginzing eye brightener for bringing them in when I purchased a full size Mega Mushroom Cleanser--takes off makeup and cleans at the same time.)

jxw200

Thanks for the reminder about origins! I forgot they do that!

Katie I haven't used that sample in so long I can't remember what I thought!
sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]

I recycle at home. Everybody in my neighborhood has this seperate recycling bin thats the same size as the trash bin and we can put just about anything in there...paper, cardboard, plastic, aluminum, glass etc. They take anything and everything that can be recycled so I dont have to go to places like Origins to recycle my empty skincare bottles ( thank goodness!)

:smileyvery-happy:

waterbaby1981

sephoramusthave:  Not fair!  Ours has pictures on the recycle bins (BIG blue ones with wheels) of exactly what can and can't go in there.  Makeup stuff is one of the pictures that can't.  Glass things are in a green bin next to it...which WILL be going out on Wednesday night.  It's full to the brim of empty beer bottles!  Of course...my husband was "displaying" them on top of our cabinets in the kitchen.  I made him take them down.  I swear there were 20!  So that, combined with his habit of having a beer about every other night and not taking the recycle bins out if they're not full (we do not pay $48/mo for garbage AND recycle not to go out every week, tyvm), means the bins definitely go out tomorrow night.

sephoramusthave

I guess the most challenging part is having to ignore all my other makeup/skincare items. But this is a fantastic way of using up makeup items that have been laying around for awhile :smileyvery-happy:

katie723

[ Edited ]

@brandiandi i agree, all those f&f sales are such a tease! even forever 21 had one! ahh!

@sephoramusthave yes, i feel the same way. it feels good to finish products up, but some days/weeks i just want to venture out and wear something else i've rediscovered! the rules can really be up to you. i see it more as finishing up 10 products in its entirety. im all for swapping products out or adding more products because you're still finishing up 10 products.

@waterbaby i noticed i finish up skincare products more quickly, too!! i should have thrown in some skincare products to my list... but i made it strictly makeup!

i think the most challenging part for me is finishing up my products since i've had them for about 8 months to one-year MAX. thats why i've only finished up 3 mascaras and a liquid eye liner pen so far.

sephoramusthave

I tried to keep things 50/50....I think I have 5 makeup items and 6 skincare. If I made it all makeup it would take me forever to finish up just half of the list. I never worry about finishing up skincare products on time. I either like them or not. If I dont I give them away or trash them and if I do they get finished up completely. There's nothing in my bathroom right now that I dont like. I do have more skincare than I *need* thats for sure, but all of them will get used up.

My original plan was to not make any makeup/skincare purchases (unless needed) until I completed the 10 pan 100%. But the holidays are coming up, and I've been on back to back no buys lately...and I've hit pan on all my makeup items...and...

I'M WORTH IT.

ha!

waterbaby1981

@sephoramusthave:  I agree with all of this so much.  Especially the LAST part!  :smileyvery-happy:

...however, I think my husband would disagree with the needing the stuff that's skincare-related in the master bath (or ANY of the bathrooms, really).  Even though I use all of it.  Of course, he's a guy so he thinks shampoo, shave, body wash and he's done.  *bangs head against desk*  I have to tell him to wash his face and he's 29.  You'd think this would be automatic by now, but no.  It's not.  The funny thing is, he's got beautiful skin when he actually takes care of it!  And he wonders why he has some awful skincare issues sometimes...

Thank God he's in the Army Reserve though.  He likes growing a beard.  I hate it.  The military requires them to be clean shaven.  I'm sorry, if I'm telling him to shave it off because it irritates my skin, maybe he should listen?  Sensitive skin, rosacea=it hurts.

There's maybe only one thing I don't like or use in my bathroom currently and that's the Purity cleanser.  No matter what I do, my face just will not tolerate it.  Doesn't matter if I alternate it, slowly ease it in, use just to take off makeup and save myself a step.  Nothing helps.  Can't give it to my younger sister either because her face is even more sensitive than mine is!

runy

Waterbaby- I'm with prettyinpa- if purity does not work for you, toss it!  I was using it on a regular basis and my skin started breaking out terribly- like it hasn't since my teens.  I mean big painful cyst like pimples- and they scarred horribly.  I had no clue what was causing it- until I stopped using purity and my skin went back to normal.  I would never recommend that product to anyone with sensitive or acne prone skin.  When I looked at the ingrediants list- it had oil it in!  I think that's what made me break out.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 242 replies
  • 330 hearts
  • 47 in conversation
    • runy
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • hydee77
    • maltipoo66
    • brandiandi