katie723

PROJECT 10 PAN

Have you been buying way too many beauty products lately? Is your vanity overflowing with way too much clutter? If you haven't heard of the Project 10 Pan (which I believe started on Youtube, that's where I heard about it!), let me briefly describe what it is. You select 10 (or however many you'd like) products, whether it's makeup, skincare, hair products or all. You must finish these 10 products in its entirely (or "hit pan", where you have used so much of the product that you see the bottom of the "pan") before you are allowed to buy new makeup products. This really helps with appreciating what you have rather than buying more and more things, leaving older products you have to sit in the dust! *There are also exceptions, for example, if you run out of concealer... you can allow yourself to purchase another concealer even if you haven't completed the Project 10 Pan.

Is anyone else doing a Project 10 Pan?! I definitely needed to control myself after IMATS LA and tons of Sephora gift cards for my birthday and the recent UD sale! So, I started up my Project 10 Pan again two weeks ago! I'm determined not to be good and stick with it!

Here are my items that I've chosen for my Project 10 Pan:

1. Sephora Mineral Foundation Powder in Medium 25 - I've had this since March and I'm barely half way!! I use this daily.

2. Sephora Lip Gloss in Pink Ballerina - about half way through.

3. Clinique Lip Gloss in Bamboo Pink - about half way through.

4. NYX Lip Gloss in Beige - still have more than 3/4 of the product left!

5. Stila Liquid Eye Liner in Black - I'll finish this in about a month or so.

6. BADgal Lash - I have about half a month left til I need to throw it out.

7. L'oreal Voluminous Mascara - still have about 2 months til I need to throw it out.

8. Maybelline One by One Mascara - will be throwing this out in a couple weeks.

9. UD Primer Potion - I have two small samples, but I really don't know how long they will last!

10. ELF Blush in Tickled Pink - I haven't even hit pan with this!

and any of my UD eye shadows in my Naked palette, which I haven't even hit pan with!

This will definitely take a long time to complete, but I'm okay with that because I really need to save my money and just enjoy what I have! :smileyhappy:

Let me know what your list looks like! :smileyhappy:

katie723

Re: PROJECT 10 PAN

[ Edited ]

after my crazy 'window-shopping' spree for the F&F sale... i read my previous post on this thread and realized i really shouldnt buy more makeup because of my 10 pan list :'( no matter how GOOD it looks! ahhhh!

im finishing up products that aren't even in my 10 pan list!!! but theyre mostly skin care / body care items so it really doesnt even count for me! hmph! ive finished a tiny bottle of Purity (actually, ive finished 3 since July) and a small Lush Tea Tree Water toner. I'm almost done w/ my philosphy On A Clear Day Retinol Clarifying Lotion, Lush Vanishing Cream moisturizer and Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Body Scrub.

1. Sephora Mineral Foundation Powder in Medium 25- ill hopefully finish this bad boy in about a month!

2. Sephora Lip Gloss in Pink Ballerina - about half way through. i found it! 3/4 finished =)

3. Clinique Lip Gloss in Bamboo Pink - thought i was halfway but i still have 3/4 to go...

4. NYX Lip Gloss in Beige - still fairly new...

5. Stila Liquid Eye Liner in Black - thought this was guna die on me a couple weeks ago, but its still goin strong!

6. BADgal Lash - finished.

7. L'oreal Voluminous Mascara - forgot how long ive had this... ill toss it out in a month or two?

8. Maybelline One by One Mascara - finished.

9. UD Primer Potion - I have two small samples,can't tell how much is left?!

10. ELF Blush in Tickled Pink - FINALLY HIT PAN!!!! =) still have 3/4 left.

and any of my UD eye shadows in my Naked palette - haven't even hit pan! (umm, not even considering this one anymore)

11. Estee Lauder Stay In Place Concealer - i bought this in like March, so ive had it for about 7 months? it hasnt gotten nasty or anything, so im totally still going to use it.

12. Stila Sun Bronzer Powder - TOTALLY HIT PAN! but still have less than 3/4 to go.

13. Buxom Lash - started using this about a month ago, will toss in 2 months or when it dries up, whichever comes first.

i added those three because some (most?) of my products are fairly new. realistically speaking, i will most likely finish 8 by december.

waterbaby1981

LUSH!!!  That reminds me to take some baths with those bath bombs I have upstairs!  My husband's gonna hate me.

...because the bathroom's going to smell all girly and if I use the sex bomb bath bomb, there's going to be a pink ring around the tub that he'll get to clean.  (We split the bathroom chores.  I wipe down the counters, steam mop the floors and clean the toilets, he gets the bathtubs.  We have two full baths upstairs and a half bath downstairs.)  The reason I get more chores?  I'm a stay at home wife until I get a new job and he's studying for his ASA and MAAA while working 40+ hours a week for the state.

jxw200

i love bath bombs!! i like the avobomb and the sex bomb one =)

good job completing items everyone! I'm still nowhere with mine. grr. but i guess it would help if i even put on makeup at all huh

waterbaby1981

I can see the bottom of the jar in the Clinique All About Eyes Rich!  I'm getting there!  Unfortunately, the Laura Mercier Secret Brightener pen....I must've gotten a bad one.  It comes out all clumpy when it does and doesn't look good under my eyes.  It makes it look worse and all sparkly!  So that's going in the trash (I've also had it sitting around for quite some time, so that might have done it too). Looks like I'll have get either use my concealer or get another Eclat Lumiere (that stuff is SERIOUSLY HG after my LM concealer!)

I just even finished my bottle of the Ed Hardy perfume too!

brandiandi

I have a few products in each category. Most of these things I don't really care for, but I feel like since I spent the money on them I should get some use out of them.

1. Formula 10.0.6 Deep Down Detox Ultra-Cleansing Mud Mask

2. Physician's Formula Tinted Moisturizer(Maybe 1/4 left)--Backup Clinique Super Balanced(1/2 full)

3. C.O. Bigelow lip gloss, Clinique vitamin smoothie, Burt's Bees Acai chapstick, Chapstick brand(all almost finished-less than 1/4 left), and labella fruity shine (full)

4. Sonia Kashuk super sheer liquid tint

5. Covergirl all in one professional mascara (2 months left)--backup Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes (new sample)

6. Lorac behind the scenes eye primer

7. Estee Lauder double wear eye pencil

8. Blinc liquid eyeliner(sample from birch box)

9. Lip Venom

10. All my face moisturizer, wash, and sun block samples. (In the past month I somehow acquired so many of these)

katie723

@maltipoo66 yay, great progress! =) how do you like Benefit's Life on The A List lip gloss? I've heard a couple girls talking about it here (or was that you? LOL!) and I saw it in a couple Benefit sets and was thinking about putting it on my xmas wish list! Tell me your thoughts about it =)

@brandiandi great list! how long do you think it'll take you to finish them? :smileyhappy: how do you like the Blinc product? i was hoping for one in my September Birchbox but I didn't get one! and how do you like the Double Wear eye pencil? I swear by the Double Wear concealer so I'm sure the line is great!

maltipoo66

@katie723: hey!  I do like the Benefit lipgloss-it is more of a milky pale pink (not very shimmery at all) which actually gives a nice effect.  The smell isn't so great (especially compared to my Smashbox Afterglow lipgloss which smells SOO GOOD).  The staying power is pretty good for a lip gloss, but I just really like the color (you can also use it to down down lipstick colors).

brandiandi

I really have no idea how long it will take, but I am hoping around 2 months. These products have just been sitting around for awhile, and I am tired of looking at them. I really like the double wear pencil, but I am looking forward to getting something different since I have had it for so long. Eye pencils seem to linger forever! As for the blinc, I can remove it easily with water. So, I am not sure how waterproof it is, but I love the formula. Easy to apply and not too thick. My only real complaint is the packaging, not sure if the full size is better or not.

maltipoo66

Hey!  I just wanted to update:

1. Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover (a little less than 1/4 left)

2. Mufe HD primer in Blue (about 1/4 left)

3. Benefit Stay Don't Stay -tossed it (started to get thicker and more drying-and expiration was up)

4. Mufe lift concealer (still about 1/2 left even though I use it every day)

5. Smashbox Afterglow lipgloss (about 1/2 left)

6. Sephora Color palette in Taupe Model (two hit pan, one has a serious dent in it.)

7. Urban Decay Bourbon Eyeliner (about 2/3 left-I'm starting to actually like it more now)

8. Benefit Lipgloss Life on the A List (about 1/3 left)

9. Bare Escentuals Hydrating Mineral Veil (still looks about 1/2 full)

10. Korres Tinted Moisturizer in Light Sand (a little less than 2/3 full-I haven't been using it as much since my skin has gotten powder-now I just use a primer and a light powder just to even out my skin.)

It may not seem like much, but I think it's progress!  :smileyhappy:

prettyinpa

I have been doing quite well with Project 10 pan!  I have used up enough of the Pixi concealer that I am satisfied to throw it out, it is getting thick and hard to blend, so I think it must be close to the expiration date (I forgot to write on the tube when I started it, but it falls in the "toss if consistency changes" category). The MAC lip conditioner only has about 1/4 inch left, yay, I am sick of that one too.  I think the failing of 10 pan is it is hard not to get very tired of the product before it gets used up. I guess I made the mistake of putting items on my list that were not brand new and I think they were languishing in my makeup closet because I was already sick of them, so forcing myself to use them often to use them up is trying.

I can't find the deluxe sample benefit They're Real mascara, I hope it turns up so I can finish it up!

Got my eye on a Smashbox concealer to replace the Pixi one,  only 11 days until Oct 1, end of No Buy!:smileyhappy:

katie723

@prettyinpa i'm happy to hear that!! :smileyhappy: october is so near!! and that makes sense, what a drag it must be to need to keep using a product that you're sick of! for me, the hardest part about the 10 pan is that all my products are, for the most part, new! i just started expanding my collection in march, so i struggle with finishing up the products! thats why the majority of my 10 pan list are mascaras and lip glosses :smileywink:

i threw out two mascaras this weekend-- they were NOT treating me nicely. they were the BADgal lash (I really liked that one, although I noticed it smudged after a few hours) and the Maybelline One by One, which I REALLY liked :smileyhappy: Now I'm going to be using the L'oreal Voluminous Million Lashes and a mini Buxom mascara that came in the recent VIB Gift Box.

the next things I anticipate crossing off my list are my powder foundation and one or two lip glosses.

waterbaby1981

[ Edited ]

You know, it's amazing what you see start happening when you're on a Project 10 pan.  You're using OTHER STUFF UP that's not on the list!  I'm now out of my Philosophy Help Me retinol, plus my High Impact Mascara (Clinique) had to be tossed.  As well as my Laura Mercier brightening pen.  Well, at least I'm getting some recyclables to take to the Origins counter, right?

What's quite funny is I have little bonus deluxe sizes of the 7 Day Scrub, yet only one of the mild liquid soap.  (I have a 1/3 of my cleanser left in the 6.7 oz bottle.)  Watch my husband tell me to use the Purity stuff up first before I get another cleanser, regardless of the fact that there's an ingredient somewhere in it that my face HATES.  (3/4 of the 8 oz bottle, too...hate to waste it, no less.  Maybe doing the same thing I did with the retinol might work?  Gradually working up to using it every day or every other?  Or just at night?)

Either way, I'm going to get quite annoyed if I use up a lot of skincare rather than makeup first.  Although....I should pare my skincare stuff down to the things I use on a regular basis.  The 3 Step, eye cream, serum, retinol, night cream.  (Waiting until my All About Eyes Rich is gone so I can bust open the Algenist Eye Cream....I got a couple of samples of it and it was OH MY GOD AWESOME.

@Katie723:  You'll like the Buxom.  It's definitely a weird looking brush compared to others I've seen, but it defines and volumizes lashes really well.  It doesn't clump, either.  It feels almost a little more like the brush is "combing" your lashes as you put on the mascara, if that description makes any sense. 

maltipoo66

This is such a good idea!  I could definitely use this :smileyhappy:

1. Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover (1/2 left)

2. MUFE HD primer in blue (about 1/3 left)

3. Korres Tinted Moisturizer in Light Sand (about 2/3 left)

4. Bare Escentuals Hydrating Mineral Veil (about 1/2 left)

5. MUFE lift concealer (about 1/2 left)

6. Benefit lipgloss life on the A list (about 1/3 left)

7. Sephora collection color palette in Taupe Model (hit the pan on two of the six eyeshadows)

8. Benefit Her Name was Glowla set (now unavailable-finished high beam and moon beam samples, 1/3 left of the lipgloss, not very much of the mascara left, hit the pan on 2 of 5 eyeshadows, and made a little dent in the Coralista Blush)

9. Benefit Stay Don't Stray (less than 1/3 left)

10. Urban Decay Bourbon Eyeliner pencil (not my favorite formula, but I'm going to finish it before I buy something else-it should last me a couple more months.)

marinaanne147

I actually just posted my Project 6 Pan on the Project 5 Pan thread PrettyinPA showed, so I guess I'll add 4 more and jump on this thread as well! I actually started about a week ago, so I already finished an item. Finishing that item felt so good though - I'm looking forward to finishing more and updating this post! Here they all are though!

1. Clinique Makeup Remover (FINISHED)

2. Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Styling Spray (1/3 left - I hope Hair Products count!)

3. MAC Date Night Dazzleglass (1/3 left)

4. Benefit Highbeam Sample (1/2 left - it's a large sample though!)

5. M.A.C. Eyeshadow in Once Upon A Time (LE) (I'm telling myself I just have to hit pan on this, not actually finish it. Not sure how much is left, though you can definitely see a dent in it)

6. Clinique 1/7 oz. DDML (2/3 left)

7. Buxom Lash (Can't tell how much is left- sorry!)

8. Bobbi Brown Glitter Gloss in Baby Pink (2/3 left)

9. Tarte Double Sided Eyeliner (3/4 left...this came in the Eye Couture Palette)

10. Herbal Essences Tousle Me Soft Mousse (about 1/3 left)

marinaanne147

UPDATE TIME. I have to say I'm not doing very well...and I have an excuse! When I do wear makeup, I am using these things but I don't wear makeup everyday because my school doesn't allow it. 

1. Clinique Makeup Remover (FINISHED)

2. Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Styling Spray (1/3 left still...haven't been using this enough)

3. MAC Date Night Dazzleglass (1/3 left still....used it 2 times)

4. Benefit Highbeam Sample (1/2 left - I have a problem with this, the brush for the sample doesn't go far down enough so pretty soon I won't be able to get any product out of it! UGH.)

5. M.A.C. Eyeshadow in Once Upon A Time (LE) (My dent is getting bigger....but I don't think I'll hit pan for another couple months)

6. Clinique 1/7 oz. DDML (1/2 left - I use this everyday twice so I'm definitely progressing!)

7. Buxom Lash (Can't tell how much is left- sorry! It's past 3 months but I go by smell/consistency/etc. in terms of throwing out mascara)

8. Bobbi Brown Glitter Gloss in Baby Pink (1/2 left, been using this a bunch)

9. Tarte Double Sided Eyeliner (3/4 left...this came in the Eye Couture Palette, I've used this multiple times but I haven't had to sharpen it yet...)

10. Herbal Essences Tousle Me Soft Mousse (about 1/3 left, I'm getting nowhere with this. UGH.)

marinaanne147

1. Clinique Makeup Remover 

2. Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Styling Spray (I've been using this a bunch but it is a BIG bottle)

3. MAC Date Night Dazzleglass (1/3 left still....used it 4 times)

4. Benefit Highbeam Sample 

5. M.A.C. Eyeshadow in Once Upon A Time (LE) (My dent is getting bigger....but I don't think I'll hit pan for another couple months)

6. Clinique 1/7 oz. DDML (1/3 left - I use this everyday twice so I'm definitely progressing!)

7. Buxom Lash (Can't tell how much is left- sorry! It's past 3 months but I go by smell/consistency/etc. in terms of throwing out mascara)

8. Clinique Long Last Glosswear in Air Kiss (I'm changing to this gloss because I ....want to...it's about 1/2 way gone)

9. Tarte Double Sided Eyeliner (3/4 left...this came in the Eye Couture Palette, I've used this multiple times but I've only had to sharpen it once)

10. Herbal Essences Tousle Me Soft Mousse (I've been using this a lot but I can't tell where I am. Probably about 1/4 left or something...)

marinaanne147

2. Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Styling Spray (I've been using this a bunch but it is a BIG bottle)

3. MAC Date Night Dazzleglass (1/4 left still....used it 7 times since PP started)

6. Clinique 1/7 oz. DDML (1/4 left - I use this everyday twice so I'm definitely progressing! I'm at the part were it says tellement differente)

8. Clinique Long Last Glosswear in Air Kiss (I'm changing to this gloss because I ....want to...it's about 1/2 way gone)C

9. Tarte Double Sided Eyeliner (3/4 left...this came in the Eye Couture Palette, I've used this multiple times but I've only had to sharpen it once)

10. Herbal Essences Tousle Me Soft Mousse (I've been using this a lot but I can't tell where I am. Probably about 1/4 left or something...)

Just finished my Clinique gloss! YAY! In the garbage it goes. 

So excited to finish up that Dazzleglass soon, in the B2M bag it will go!

I should probably just toss the Buxom by now but I love it too much and I have too many other mascaras to consider buying a new one!

marinaanne147

(0) Hearts

3. MAC Date Night Dazzleglass (1/6 left still....used it 15 times or so since PP started)

6. Clinique 1.7 oz. DDML

7. Buxom Lash (Should throw this out super soon but I really don’t want to!)

8. Clinique Long Last Glosswear in Air Kiss (I'm changing to this gloss because I ....want to...it's about 1/2 way gone)

9. Tarte Double Sided Eyeliner (3/4 left...this came in the Eye Couture Palette, I've used this multiple times but I've only had to sharpen it twice)

Just finished my Clinique DDML. It actually got thrown a few days ago, but I’ve been too lazy to write a post.

I’ll be excited to finish up that Dazzleglass soon, in the B2M bag it will go!

I actually should toss 2 mascaras, Buxom and Maybelline Full N’ Soft, so maybe I’ll swap something out on this list for that Maybelline mascara.

4 down, 6 to go! I feel accomplished! :smileyvery-happy:

marinaanne147

The last time I updated this was a little more than a month ago, and to be honest, nothing has changed since then. Boo. I'm definitely closer to finishing a few things and some things not on this list I'm close to finishing! 

2. Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Styling Spray (I've been using this a bunch but it is a BIG bottle)

3. MAC Date Night Dazzleglass (Been using this as often as is appropriate.)

5. M.A.C. Eyeshadow in Once Upon A Time (LE) (My dent is getting bigger but I don't think I'll hit pan for another couple months)

6. Clinique 1.7 oz. DDML

7. Buxom Lash (Almost empty...)

8. Clinique Long Last Glosswear in Air Kiss (I'm changing to this gloss because I ....want to...it's about 1/2 way gone)

9. Tarte Double Sided Eyeliner (3/4 left...this came in the Eye Couture Palette, I've used this multiple times but I've only had to sharpen it twice)

I'm just proud I've finished 4/10 of these products! Progress is slow and steady.

marinaanne147

(0) Hearts

I have made some serious progress since I last updated this a month ago! Yay! I'm so proud of myself. Here's the current standing of my Project 10 Pan:

2. Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Styling Spray 

3. MAC Date Night Dazzleglass (Been using this as often as is appropriate.)

5. M.A.C. Eyeshadow in Once Upon A Time (LE) (My dent is getting bigger but I don't think I'll hit pan for a while)

6. Clinique 1.7 oz. DDML

7. Buxom Lash 

8. Clinique Long Last Glosswear in Air Kiss

9. Tarte Double Sided Eyeliner (1/2 left...I’ve sharpened it around 4 times since I started and it’s due for another sharpening soon)

10. Herbal Essences Tousle Me Soft Mousse 

7/10! Yay! Next to go: The Dazzleglass. Even though the season I wear it most in is over, I can definitely use a light coat of it at nights and be able to finish it! The eyeshadow will probably be last to go. I’m in such a good mood now!

marinaanne147

To my COMPLETE surprise and excitement, I HIT PAN on the eyeshadow! So I'm crossing it out because all I wanted to do was hit pan as this is my first eyeshadow "pan hitting" and finishing the whole pan would take ages. Hitting pan was my only requirement from the start, and I'll still use the eyeshadow eitherway as it's my go to inner corner highlight. 

ALMOST DONE! Here's the current standing of my Project 10 Pan:

2. Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Styling Spray 

3. MAC Date Night Dazzleglass (Haven't used this in a while...really need to but it's just not a good summer gloss)

5. M.A.C. Eyeshadow in Once Upon A Time (LE)

6. Clinique 1.7 oz. DDML

7. Buxom Lash 

8. Clinique Long Last Glosswear in Air Kiss

9. Tarte Double Sided Eyeliner (1/2 left...I’ve sharpened it around 5 times I think. It's not my favorite liner)

10. Herbal Essences Tousle Me Soft Mousse 

8/10 finished = 4/5 done! WOW! I did just buy 2 makeup products but I'm justifying them. It's a reward for getting this far, which is dumb but whatever! I'm off to camp for 3 weeks and I'm bringing the eyeliner (and a sharpener) so hopefully I'll get to use that a bunch. I'm not bringing the lipgloss though as I just won't wear it and I don't want to force myself to. I'll finish it up later.  

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 242 replies
  • 329 hearts
  • 47 in conversation
    • runy
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • hydee77
    • maltipoo66
    • brandiandi