marydiva

Once you hit $1000, do you hold off on purchases until Jan 1st?

(0) Hearts

That's how I am. After I hit Rouge, I won't purchase anything till Jan 1st b/c that way I can start saving up points for the next year. I wish Sephora would let us accumulate points for the next year the second we hit Rouge, regardless if we hit on Dec 29th or April 24th.

I'm a high school senior and I work hard for my cash so I don't have money to just throw at makeups. (No full-time job!) But I **am** dedicated to my little Sephora addiction. :smileyhappy:

Just a thought.

ShinyMagpie

Re: Once you hit $1000, do you hold off on purchases until Jan 1st?

(0) Hearts

Since the VIB sale period is so short (just four days) versus the two weeks that it was for F&F I will probably hold off on any large purchases. I won't be cashed up again until after the 15th and the sale will be over by then so I'll probably just wait on big stuff. I might get some stocking stuffers. 

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Nope! 

I purchase things when I need/really want them. I'm not going to pass up the VIB sale & Holiday sale to stock up on items I use throughout the year. 

This is the time I stock up on AP Treatment Enzyme Peel, Perricone Cold Plasma Body, and various other staples. 

But I make money, I pay my bills, and then I budget what I can spend at Sephora. It just so happened I hit VIB this year really early on because of the 3x points fragrance deal. I was at the mall with my boyfriend, he needed a new cologne, I wanted a new perfume, & needed a serum. Next thing I know I'm VIB due to a 3 item purchase :smileytongue: 

FireSpinner

Yeah, that's next years plan lol. Recently I renewed my v.i.b status, but it's so late in the year - that's there's no point to even attempt to get to Rouge.

So if i get anything else this year, it's either because i've got a discount code for it or it's really really limited edition and there's no way i'm missing out on that piece. Next year i'll hit Rouge for sure. But one i hit the $1000 mark, i'm putting a spending cap there. lol

IttyxBittyxMe

I wish! I am a very impatient person and if I want it I want it and that's just kinda how it is unforunately. At the same time though, because of that I've been able to build my collection to a point where I don't need to go spending happy. I've got more then enough eyeshadows and colors (though I'm on a quest for purples and greens right now), so now I'm focusing on lipsticks and blushes. That and a good highlighter.

mafan

It's a nice theory, but it won't happen.  If I see something on sale or limited edition, I will end up getting it if I want.  And I will stock up on things when they're on sale. 

I'm afraid that I was beyond Rouge when the program started.  And the benefits are not enough that saving up to hit it again motivates me at all.  So I'll shop when there is something I need or it makes sense to stock up.  And I'll probably end up Rouge again next year, though it would be a good and sensible thing if I didn't!

nebel

To me, the biggest perk of Rouge is the free shipping, so it wouldn't make sense for me to get there and then not use it.  Especially during the holiday season.  Rouge isn't something I tried to earn or do... as with other programs like this, if I hit it, I hit it,  if I don't, I'm not gonna worry about it.  It all depends on people's individual budgets and spending habits.

mberteig

No, maybe it is bad, but if I see something I need (or more realistically, want, let's admit it!), I get it!

marydiva

That's a good point. :smileyhappy: But if you spend $1000 during 2014, you'll still be Rouge in 2015 and you won't have to worry about "re-earning." Before Rouge was a "thing" I spent around $800 dollars at Sephora in a year. Now I'm allowing myself an extra $200 to splurge just for the extra benefits, but for the most part, I won't spend more than that.

lilyyy

The best way to take advantage of this is to spend $1000 on January 1, 2015. That way you qualify for all of 2015 and 2016, making it effectively $500/year for Rouge.

So here's the cheapest way to maintain Rouge:

2013: $1000

2014: $0, benefits from previous year extended

2015: $1000

2016: $0, benefits from previous year extended

lilyyy

Nope, I'll be hitting over $1000 every year anyways. It's not a concern for me. AND, your Rouge membership last until the end of 2014, so the clock restarts January 1, 2015.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 18 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • mberteig
    • marydiva
    • lilyyy
    • mafan
    • nebel