No-buy

kalex

No-buy

I went way overboard with purchases this month (2 orders with Sephora last week alone).  So I decided to put myself on a "no-buy" for the entire month of July.  Has anyone successfully done this before?  I know I won't be able to read fashion and beauty blogs or open emails from my favorite stores, but any other suggestions?

Thanks!

sephoramusthave

Re: No-buy

[ Edited ]

I just received a ULTA ad in the mail and they are having a 2 day sale and they are offering the FULL sized Benefit Thrrob and Benefit Georgia boxed powders for $19! ( both items are $19)

These boxed powders are discontinued, and these full sizes are not made anymore bc Benefit has decided to decrease the amount they give.

So I might have to break my no buy if I see this in stock. >_<

I got a $3.50 off coupon as well, and still have my previous 20% off coupon thats still valid.

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

The Stila A Few of My Favorite Things palette looks nice...but I dont know whether or not the quality is any good ( it IS made in China..)

Stila Girl Travel Palette A Few Of My Favorite Things

It has 4 neutral eye colors, one blush and one "highlighter" but that highlighter is just kitten, their usual eyeshadow that they put in every palette.

serendipity01

I did this in May!  I felt like there wasn't anything that I really needed, so I put my purchases on hold.  I still stalked sephora.com and all, but I added things to my "shopping list" instead of purchasing it.  Also, I still made some beauty purchases, but they were gifts for other people so I say that those things don't "count".  :smileyhappy:   Maybe doing more makeupalley swaps will help too?  (or maybe someone will start a TSB4?)

mermadelove

LOL! I would fail miserably at this since my latest obsession is polish, and it's so readily available!!!! I have cut down on IG purchases, though-- for now-- we'll see what happens when the RBL summer collection comes out!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 171 replies
  • 264 hearts
  • 31 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • chewcifer
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • prettyinpa
    • ohhenri