No Buy July!

poshified

No Buy July!

Having gone through my makeup collection extensively the past week, I've decided to go on a 'No Buy July' challenge (which includes not buying necessities such as makeup remover and brush cleansers, since I have loads of deluxe samples to go through.) As an avid supporter of both Sephora stores and Sephora.com, this might be difficult, but I'm still determined :smileyhappy:.

My goal is to make it through the entire month of July without any purchases, and if possible, until my birthday in August.

If any of you beautyholics are also planning on a No Buy July, please comment below (and help each other through the next month-ish! :smileyvery-happy:)

wendyomgwar

Re: No Buy July!

Yes!! One year I literally bought all of their gifts sets other then one... that was a bad year, well not for all my gifts that I wrapped myself! Just for my bank account lol.

JGSFLA

good for you! i know how hard it is! lol i just keep asking myself do I REALLY need another eye shadow? ..the truth is noooo i really really dont! lol

poshified

Eyeshadow (esp in palette form) is my weakness! I'm pretty sure I can cover myself from head to toe with my current collection for the next ten years, but that's still not stopping me from lusting over this fall collection's palettes LOL.

drrragon

[ Edited ]

me too!  a while back someone made a new thread about how "which eye palettes do you have" so I started listing mine out....and listing....and listing.....it was sort of awful to realize how much eyeshadow I have lying around and i feel majorly guilty since I know most of it will never be used up!

@poshified -- LOL what an awesome idea!  I should try some eyeshadow body art, that should let me hit pan pretty quickly!

poshified

Hahaha, right?! Maybe that way, I'll actually put some of my Urban Decay palettes to good use, as opposed to just displaying them on my vanity. One of the makeup artists at Sephora was like 'You know, you could mix colors in a palette so you don't have to continuously buy different ones.' I don't know about you, but one of my biggest pet peeves is when I see color contamination in my palettes!

wendyomgwar

YESS!!! I constantly clean around the edges of shadows because I'm paranoid that they'll cross over, its especially bad when a glitter and matte are side by side, why why would they do that?

poshified

(0) Hearts

Haha are you talking about the Naked palette with Sidecar??

wendyomgwar

I just don't understand why you would stick a glitter right smack dab in the middle of two mattes!!! Also I have a laura mercier palette that does it, even worse its purple next to a cream color... just why?

poshified

(0) Hearts

Ugh, that's just as bad as having black eyeshadows in the same palette as lip products!

wendyomgwar

I can't even deal with lip palettes, who seriously carries around a lip brush? The only lip palette that I have and actually use is the Bobbi Brown 15th anniversary one I think, it comes with the lip brush in it already and its pretty compact, but I'd rather just carry around a lipstick honestly.

poshified

Are you one of those people who have countless lipsticks and lipglosses in your purse/bag? I can honestly say I'm guilty of that! lol

wendyomgwar

By countless... hahaha I'm actually not too bad, that mainly because I switch out my purses frequently so I take out all my lip products and just carry around the lipstick of the day which changes every day because I can't be bothered to take it out of my purse to put it on the next day haha. Right now I have 3 in my smaller purse, and 5 in my larger purse... is it sad that I know exactly how many I have in each without checking? lol

wendyomgwar

Another day down woohoo :smileyhappy:!

prosopon

Yay ladies!  Keep up the good work!

poshified

*high five* I don't know about you, but it's getting easier to pass on purchasing :smileyhappy:

drrragon

yay, one more day without purchasing anything! 

it feels easy for me until all of a sudden IT DOESN'T....and those are the evil impulse buy urges that I have so much trouble squashing down!

poshified

Someone should start a thread on all of the upcoming fall collections! lol

wendyomgwar

No!!!! that would just kill me lol

accountant9

This would be so difficult for me! We're less than 10 days into the month, and I've already placed 2 online orders and make an in-store purchase. And I made several orders in June, too. Something about summer just makes me want to buy makeup!

poshified

(0) Hearts

Any products you recommend? I'm compiling a wish list for when this shopping ban is over haha

mafan

I haven't seen the Nordstrom Anniversary catalog yet, but considering how expensive the things I've seen in it are, I'm hoping I can resist.  I absolutely do not need anything.

I decided today that I can use a gift card, however.  I had a $10 one. (My cable company gives points based on your bill and they have things you can buy with your points; last month it was gift cards and I got one for Sephora)

I picked up 3 mini nail polishes at $1 each on sale, a 100pt perk, and some samples I wanted.  Since I'd hoped to go by a store to get a perfume sample at some point and the gas would have cost more than the $3.19 total, I don't feel too bad.

I am on no-buy because I have plenty of stuff and because I've been damaging my bank balance.  I pay off my card every month but between beauty purchases, needlework classes (signed up for too many of those, too) and dental expenses, it's not looking as healthy as I would like.  So I'm trying very hard to be good on a number of fronts right now.  My framed needlework does look really cool, however. :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 655 replies
  • 1146 hearts
  • 57 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • prosopon
    • khgal
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • mrsbridger