No Buy July!

poshified

No Buy July!

Having gone through my makeup collection extensively the past week, I've decided to go on a 'No Buy July' challenge (which includes not buying necessities such as makeup remover and brush cleansers, since I have loads of deluxe samples to go through.) As an avid supporter of both Sephora stores and Sephora.com, this might be difficult, but I'm still determined :smileyhappy:.

My goal is to make it through the entire month of July without any purchases, and if possible, until my birthday in August.

If any of you beautyholics are also planning on a No Buy July, please comment below (and help each other through the next month-ish! :smileyvery-happy:)

crayzeeRN

Re: No Buy July!

@poshified- thank you!! I was proud :smileyhappy: One step closer to clearing out my sickeningly large shower gel collection :smileyvery-happy:

@wendyomgwar- it smells divine, but it really didn't do much for my hair. Nothing bad, just nothing fabulous either. And yes, it is a mask :smileyhappy:

mxcx

Last day of July! ^_____^

poshified

Amen to that! :smileyhappy:

drrragon

whew!  thank goodness!  i am hanging by my toenails here, esp with all the awesome sales and deals that people were posting yesterday.  Definitely had a very narrow escape (or three!).

poshified

I hear you on that one! Thank goodness the Tarte one ends on the 4th :smileyvery-happy:

drrragon

Did you see the adorable set of 3 lippies with built-in mirror?  I had it in my shopping cart and _almost_ pulled the trigger!  I don't even wear lipstick, I'm more of a gloss person!  If I wasn't holding out and hoping for more mini blush holiday sets from Tarte this winter, I would definitely be picking up a few more of those awesome amazonian clay blushes.

poshified

I had to go on the site to see what you were talking about! It reminds me of Guerlain Rouge G's! Too cute! :smileyhappy: If Tarte came out with those blush sets and NARS with another blush palettes, my holiday buy should be all set! haha

starletta8

Just a few empties this month...

empties.jpg

prosopon

And that is only a few!  Great job finishing products! It looks like you are really good about using your samples. 

wendyomgwar

Dang! I wish I could use my products like you, then I could justify all my purchases! Lol 

poshified

That's quite a bit of empties! I'm impressed :smileyhappy:

mkupgk

I used many samples and deluxe up but never save the packaging

GGrace

I never do either. I find it satisfying to throw them out and clear up some space, even if its only a foil or tiny little sample

wendyomgwar

I'm with you on this one, I honestly try to save the containers but then throw them away because I get frustrated.

poshified

I always forget to save foil sample packets when I'm done! lol

arielaaaaaaaa

Oh Nice you have so many! Haha i never finish anything! I should work on that...

poshified

Sometimes I have to force myself to finish things in my stash, especially the deluxe size ones lol

GGrace

I always do that, I force my self to use up 10 products a month that are either sample/deluxe/travel/size. It's how I can justify my birchbox and ipsy subscriptions. It gets to a be a pain at the end of the month though if I've only used 6 things and I have 5 days left to finish 4 more items.

poshified

That's one of the reasons I had to stop both subscriptions haha. They were coming at me faster than I could use up!

starletta8

That's partly why I justify continuing to buy!

poshified

Hahaha noooooooo!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 655 replies
  • 1146 hearts
  • 57 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • prosopon
    • khgal