poshified

No Buy July!

Having gone through my makeup collection extensively the past week, I've decided to go on a 'No Buy July' challenge (which includes not buying necessities such as makeup remover and brush cleansers, since I have loads of deluxe samples to go through.) As an avid supporter of both Sephora stores and Sephora.com, this might be difficult, but I'm still determined :smileyhappy:.

My goal is to make it through the entire month of July without any purchases, and if possible, until my birthday in August.

If any of you beautyholics are also planning on a No Buy July, please comment below (and help each other through the next month-ish! :smileyvery-happy:)

wendyomgwar

Re: No Buy July!

It's officially August yay :smileytongue: lol 

Also I fell off the wagon a bit *ahem* but I am being more conscious about using my products and finishing them. Also... the Ariel mirror come on guys come on!

poshified

Happy August to all of you!! :smileyhappy:

drrragon

LOL you definitely get a free pass for the Ariel mirror!

wendyomgwar

And the Supergoop spy spray can cause... like I NEEDED to be a Rouge so like... you know ;P lol I mean come on >> Its spf!! I would have burned without it....

prosopon

Seeing as July is almost officially over, what are you all most proud of accomplishing this month of no buy?

dolceloure

If you don't count the few bucks here and there, then I'm quite pleased with how I did this month! 

I feel like I've also developed a little more discipline, and the strength to delete emails from Sephora and Ulta (ok, I read them first, *then* I delete them after convincing myself I don't need to take advantage of a new promo code, lol). 

Hopefully it all sticks! Continuing no buy into August! (making a small exception for my b-day, but that's it!)

drrragon

[ Edited ]

I fell off the wagon a couple of times, but there were plenty of other times when I had stuff in my shopping cart, ready to click "buy" but somehow managed to stop myself!  I've been trying to cut back on purchases of stuff that just sits around not getting used, and I think this month I've managed to only buy stuff that will definitely get used up  (except the Stila, which was ridiculously cheap so I made an exception :smileyhappy: )

prosopon

For me, I am happy that I have been using up stuff that I have already.  I really have been able to hone in on what products I love and will repurchase and products I won't.  Before this month I have just been so random with everything, skin, makeup, hair, and that was not doing me any good.  

poshified

For me personally, I'm proud of not impulse buying the newest item on the market and thinking twice before hitting the 'submit order' button :smileyhappy:

clarks18

It's almost August!  Congrats to everyone who completed a no buy July!  I sure as heck did not.  I do not have that much will power at all. 

michmo

I made it probably like 4 days....lol.  I would say that I was going to do a no buy in August, except now with the extra points I think I'll cave again.  Sephora sure knows how to help me spend my money! :smileywink:

poshified

I might try this again come January when all the holiday sets are long gone :smileyvery-happy:

prosopon

Well, if you mean completed as in only caved a couple of times then I made it. LOL

drrragon

[ Edited ]

I blew it on the very last day of July!  I swung my by Nordstrom Rack at lunchtime since I hadn't been there in a while and they usually have really good stuff.  Today they had a ton of little Cargo sets and STILA COUNTLESS COLOR pigments!!!!  I have been dying to possess those Stila countless colors ever since they came out but knew I would never use them enough to justify it.  But since they were only $8.97 I had to snag myself a couple. 

stila1.jpgstila2.jpg

poshified

That's SUCH a wonderful deal! I really won't hold it against you :smileyhappy: I wish there was a Nordstrom Rack closer to me. Grr!

prosopon

Those look beautiful and a good deal.  We can just pretend that July has thirty days. :smileywink:

poshified

Hahaha!

crayzeeRN

Jealous!! Crud, now I'm going to have to check my Nordstrom Rack... enabler :smileyvery-happy:

poshified

Glad to see I'm not the only enabler lurking on BT. *ahem* Drrragon! haha

wendyomgwar

Nordstroms rack usually does have awesome makeup!! Mine recently got rid of their cosmetics, or at least they put it away I couldn't find it!! But those are gorgeous.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 655 replies
  • 1146 hearts
  • 57 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • prosopon
    • khgal
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • mrsbridger