No Buy July!

poshified

No Buy July!

Having gone through my makeup collection extensively the past week, I've decided to go on a 'No Buy July' challenge (which includes not buying necessities such as makeup remover and brush cleansers, since I have loads of deluxe samples to go through.) As an avid supporter of both Sephora stores and Sephora.com, this might be difficult, but I'm still determined :smileyhappy:.

My goal is to make it through the entire month of July without any purchases, and if possible, until my birthday in August.

If any of you beautyholics are also planning on a No Buy July, please comment below (and help each other through the next month-ish! :smileyvery-happy:)

poshified

Re: No Buy July!

It'll be interesting to see how much money we all safe in this month alone :smileyhappy:

lolo01

Prob close to 3 or 4 hundred!!! :smileytongue:

poshified

Hahaha guilty as charged. Guilty as charged!

drrragon

Awesome, count me in as well.  I think I'm pretty well stocked (and then some) for everything I need this summer.  I have to try to resist those awesome sales!

poshified

Welcome aboard! These Friends and Family emails need to automatically make their way to the trash, haha!

michmo

I'm with you, poshified.  While it will be hard, I need to do it because I've bought so much lately that I have something that I like or love from each beauty product category.  The only thing I am allowing myself to purchase is if I run out of something I love, which is highly unlikely.  So I'm with you!

poshified

(0) Hearts

I hear you! I personally am learning to use those items I know I love, as opposed to keeping up with the collections or buying the next best things.

ellevee09

I've tried this. :smileysad: total fail :smileyhappy: hahahahahahahaaaaa

poshified

(0) Hearts

I've attempted it once before in the past... and then MAC's Archie's Girls collection came out, lol! I really need to exercise more self-control this time around and use up items that are near their expiration time frame.

mafan

I think that I should join you. I was supposed to be good this past month, but the nail polish sale and a few others derailed me.  

If Ariel comes out in July there are a couple of things I would like, especially the mirror, but I really am going to try to avoid other purchases. 

poshified

(0) Hearts

I need to steer away from that OPI section too! Thankfully, having seen a few not-so-great reviews on the Ariel palette, I can say I'll be passing on it :smileyhappy:

prosopon

I will join you! 

Cheers to a No-Buy-July!

poshified

Hooray!!

bananachoox3

Good luck to you all! I'm not going to be part of this no buy since I already planned a shopping spree with my friend to Sephora on July 2. I love makeup shopping together. 

poshified

It's definitely fun to have friends who share the same love as makeup! :smileyhappy:

sephoralovex

Good luck! :smileyhappy: Like @lolo01 said, I can't commit to something I may not be able to do! I've tried a 1 month no buy twice already and couldn't do it. No matter what. The first time, I bought makeup the same day I told myself I was going on the no buy. The second time around, I lasted 5 days before buying something. I just can't help it! 

poshified

I justified my 3-digit purchase at Sephora yesterday by telling myself it's because I can't buy anything for a month! haha

lolo01

I WISH I COULD SAY I WILL JOIN YOU BUT JULY IS MY BDAY MONTH AND SO I CANT COMMIT TO SOMETHING I MAY NOT BE ABLE TO DO... THAT AND MY BOSS ALWAYS GIFTS ME A SEPHORA GIFTCARD EVERY YEAR FOR THE PAST 6 YEARS LOL :smileyhappy:

poshified

Happy early birthday! :smileyhappy: Wow, I'd love to have a boss like yours!!

lolo01

(0) Hearts

Thank you!!!! I know right!! Working for someone that long and a male... well he a gift card is always best for him lol

mpolansky

I'm in too. I used the "It's my birthday I can treat myself" excuse this whole month. My bank account is hurting right now!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 655 replies
  • 1146 hearts
  • 57 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • prosopon
    • khgal
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • mrsbridger