No Buy July!

poshified

No Buy July!

Having gone through my makeup collection extensively the past week, I've decided to go on a 'No Buy July' challenge (which includes not buying necessities such as makeup remover and brush cleansers, since I have loads of deluxe samples to go through.) As an avid supporter of both Sephora stores and Sephora.com, this might be difficult, but I'm still determined :smileyhappy:.

My goal is to make it through the entire month of July without any purchases, and if possible, until my birthday in August.

If any of you beautyholics are also planning on a No Buy July, please comment below (and help each other through the next month-ish! :smileyvery-happy:)

sephoralovex

Re: No Buy July!

If you like powder foundations I HIGHLY recommend the MAC studio fix powder foundation! I've been using it for 4+ years now and it's the only type of foundation that has never let me down. Medium-full coverage (depending on what kind of brush you use), long lasting, does not disappear throughout the day.

For eyeshadows, MAC sable and MAC gleam. 

Blush, I really love MAC's well dressed. It's nice for everyday.

mpolansky

I'll definitely have to try that (In August of course :smileywink: ) Have you tried Mineralize Skinfinish Natural? They caught my attention last time but not sure if its worth it.

Haven't seen Well Dressed in person but online that looks like SUCH a pretty pink.

Thanks for the recommendations. If you remember any more, let me know!

sephoralovex

Yes, I do have the MAC MSFN! :smileyhappy: I got lucky and found it at a Cosmetic Company Outlet for $10 cheaper! I usually use it for setting my foundation. Works greats and makes your makeup look natural. Doesn't cake up if you use it along with liquid foundation. If you dont really need any coverage, concealer and the MSFN will do :smileyhappy:

mpolansky

Ah look at you! Bargain shopping always feels so much better doesn't it? You've been such a help :smileyhappy: can't wait til august so I can go do a little shopping!

poshified

You're lucky to be able to use MAC's mineralize products! They are amazing items, but they just don't agree with my skin.

I can, however, recommend the blush in Springsheen (a better version of NARS Orgasm!)

sephoralovex

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I was so afraid of MAC face products breaking out my skin! Only the liquid foundation do. Also, I cant use MAC lipsticks because there's some ingredient in there that I'm allergic to. Which sucks because comparing MAC lipsticks to higher end ones at Sephora, they're much cheaper and have such pretty colors!

poshified

(0) Hearts

Surprisingly the foundations didn't break me out, but it made me look like Oompa Loompa by the 3 hour mark!  lol MAC's purple/reddish eyeshadows made my eyes so swollen, I have steered clear.

martianeskimo

I think I should try this. I've spent way wayyyy too much at sephora and ulta this month (and year) so I'm going to join in and see how long I can last :smileyhappy:

poshified

(0) Hearts

I'll be redeeming my Ulta points when I get through this next month! lol

starletta8

poshified

That's rather impressive!! :smileyhappy: I know there will be things I'll be using sparingly the next few weeks, eg waterproof eye makeup remover, since I go through those like no one's business! One of the reasons I'm putting myself on a no buy is because of the fall collections coming out. I've seen Chanel's and Laura Mercier's, but I'm highly anticipating the other lines' collections.

prettyinpa

I sadly won't be able to join in, as I know my willpower will be gone when I'm in Delaware in July (no sales tax, yippee) for work and the hotel is right across the street from ULTA and a short distance from a mall with Sephora and MAC. I plan a huge shopping trip for that job venue, and I really used up a bunch of stuff participating in Fabz's no-buy a couple of months ago, so I do need a bunch of skincare.

Plus July is ULTA's rewards certificate redemption month and I am totally unable to go in there to redeem the coupon for a full size item and not buy something else, I've tried for years and always failed.

But I'll cheer you on, it's tough!

poshified

(0) Hearts

I totally forgot that about Ulta's July month! Enjoy the tax-free shopping!! :smileyhappy:

Apocalyptica

[ Edited ]

Good luck! I'm gonna do the same thing but not purchase ANYTHING from anywhere! I'm trying to save for our family vacation so no more spending til then for me!

poshified

(0) Hearts

Good luck to you too! I'm attempting a no buy on anything for the month as well. It might help with my hoarding of maxi skirts, haha!

carrierose

I'm in!!  I have to pay off my "secret" credit card with all the tutoring money I will be making in July, after purchasing stuff to get perks and use promo codes and also getting my hair redone.

I can't think of anything I need after my $2000 Sephora splurge since February and I NEED NEED NEED to stop!

poshified

They always get me with these perks and promo codes!

michmo

I just checked my "secret" credit card.  When I saw the balance I was surprised.  I seem to have forgot that I made two sephora purchases instead of just one like I thought.  And to make it worse, I did it just two days apart.  Lol!  At least I'm well stocked.  

poshified

(0) Hearts

Lol, I hope they were still good purchases though!

carrierose

(0) Hearts

I know how you feel, I think I know everything that's on there because I only make special purchases with it, then I go and it's $100 more than I thought it was!

ace2021

I definitely need to participate in this no-buy. I have to buy textbooks in a month and thats never fun! Hopefully I don't run out of skincare stuff anytime soon. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 655 replies
  • 1146 hearts
  • 57 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • prosopon
    • khgal
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • mrsbridger