No Buy July!

poshified

No Buy July!

Having gone through my makeup collection extensively the past week, I've decided to go on a 'No Buy July' challenge (which includes not buying necessities such as makeup remover and brush cleansers, since I have loads of deluxe samples to go through.) As an avid supporter of both Sephora stores and Sephora.com, this might be difficult, but I'm still determined :smileyhappy:.

My goal is to make it through the entire month of July without any purchases, and if possible, until my birthday in August.

If any of you beautyholics are also planning on a No Buy July, please comment below (and help each other through the next month-ish! :smileyvery-happy:)

xoxocatrina

Re: No Buy July!

I know I'm jumping on the bandwagon really late here, as it's almost the end of the month, but for good reason. I am challenging myself to a 'No Buy For As Long As I Can'. Seriously, though, I am determined not to make ANY purchases until Sephora's next big sale. In the meantime I am trying to make an extensive list of the things that I will purchase including necessities and splurges. I really think that's the only way I will be able to keep my sanity. Wish me luck...

Oh, this also includes purchases from Ulta, Hautelook..really anything for myself as the kids start school next month and I am (finally) about to receive my tax refund and NEED to save it...

DrWould

I was totally thinking of doing a "no buy for as long as possible" thing too, but then I looked at some UD Revolution lipstick swatches and now I'm thinking maybe one more purchase before no more buying? :smileyvery-happy:

poshified

Feel free to join in anytime :smileyhappy:

wendyomgwar

Thats what I was intending to do, but my self control went right out the window as soon as I walked into Sephoral lol

wendyomgwar

Guys... omg I'm literally 6 dollars away from being a rouge x_x... I can't I can't. I swear if I miss out on anything I'll combust!!

poshified

I'll let it slide with No Buy with that $6 limit :smileyhappy:

wendyomgwar

The only thing holding me back is that yesterday I also broke my no buy >_< eep! I should just make one of my friends buy something x_x its killing meeeee

mafan

I agree, don't torment yourself, especially if you have something not too expensive that you actually want (or even better, need). I don't think waiting a week will make you miss much, but don't let making yourself wait mean you overspend later. 

So far I haven't placed an order to get my kit. I'm thinking I'll redeem a scent certificate in store and pick up my kit there. I hope I can keep from buying much of anything. My Rouge number is far too high, already. 

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

I'm trying to kind of wait until I go instore so I can get the card, and I know I'm probably being over dramatic and won't miss anything, if at all but its eating at me, the problem is I don't have anything that I need to buy that's $6.

prosopon

(0) Hearts

Could you spend the $6 in August and still be Rouge or will that be too late?

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

Yea, but I'm being super high maintenance and stressing myself over making sure I'm one NOW lol, I need to step away from the laptop and sleep on it lol

arielaaaaaaaa

It's only $6! Do it!! Just don't go crazy! :smileyhappy:

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

That's what I keep telling myself! Just $6 do it do it! Lol, but then the thing is like... whats $6....

arielaaaaaaaa

Haha Soap and Glory has some Awesome $3 travel sized face washes i love!! You could go snag a Nail polish, or check out the sale section!! They said VIB Rouge Emails will be sent out the 25th, so who knows what it might say/offer.

poshified

I need to try the S&G face wash! I threw it in my cart just to get free shipping a while ago and I haven't gotten around to testing it.

mpolansky

I did the exact same thing...and ended up loving it. I've tried other cleansers since (because I always think the next one is going to be better...whats new) but I think I'm going to repurchase this once my other ones run out. Either that or purity...hmmmm

poshified

If this is a better alternative than Purity, I'm all for it! lol Especially since Purity is so pricey. *sigh*

wendyomgwar

Guys... I was bad today! I went to the mall and broke *sigh* But I did much better than I normally would! I only spent 60ish dollars and normally I would spend like 200. SO I've gotten a lot better and thats what this is all about right... right?!?! Justify my purchases!!

prosopon

Is there such a thing as a one buy?  That I can do :smileywink:

wendyomgwar

If by one buy you mean one day of buying :smileyvery-happy: lol

prosopon

Hahahaha :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats