poshified

No Buy July!

Having gone through my makeup collection extensively the past week, I've decided to go on a 'No Buy July' challenge (which includes not buying necessities such as makeup remover and brush cleansers, since I have loads of deluxe samples to go through.) As an avid supporter of both Sephora stores and Sephora.com, this might be difficult, but I'm still determined :smileyhappy:.

My goal is to make it through the entire month of July without any purchases, and if possible, until my birthday in August.

If any of you beautyholics are also planning on a No Buy July, please comment below (and help each other through the next month-ish! :smileyvery-happy:)

wendyomgwar

Re: No Buy July!

(0) Hearts

LOL I'm hoping it doesn't sell out its just really so gorgeous x_x

poshified

Have you checked out the Anna Sui perfumes? I think they smell quite nice, though I haven't tested the lasting power. I'm actually considering Honey when the 20% starts.

Haha, I really don't need any more highlighters. I missed out on her infamous Rose Rendevous highlighter shown below from a year(?) ago and prices went up to $100+ on places like eBay. Ridic. Hence, my snatching this one before all the hype hits the beauty sphere :smileyhappy:

swfupload_7653792189821809088.jpg

rikkie

swfupload_7287457644702978860.jpg

Speaking of Anna Sui and flower patterned powders, I think I have to get one of these blushes (and soon!) they are too pretty!

poshified

Now if Sephora will start carrying Anna Sui makeup. *ahem* MODS *ahem* :smileyhappy:

wendyomgwar

Sunny Rose... come to me... oh... but look at Dreamy Rose too....

wendyomgwar

I remember when that came out! I thought about it so long, and then by the time I decided I didn't want it, it was sold out... which made me want it of course lol. I'm thinking about getting a Fresh perfume, Either Lychee or Grapefruit. Unfortunately I wasn't so wowed by Honey :smileysad: it was just meh and it didn't smell awesome on me like most MJ perfumes.

poshified

Get the Fresh Lychee scent -- it smells divine! :smileyhappy:

wendyomgwar

I got a sample of it, but honestly my heart wants Grapefruit, have you smelled it??? OMG....  but I was really surprised by Lychee, it smells like actual Lychees! I might have to get a rollerball of lychee and 1 oz of Grapefruit ahem >>

poshified

I know, I could bathe myself in the smell of lychee if I could! LOL My solution? Get BOTH! :smileyvery-happy:

wendyomgwar

Lol I told myself I can have one if I use up a perfume/ body spray first now it appears I must use up two...

mrsbridger

Wait! Someone tell me about this 4x points thing we're waiting for. Is it only for Rouge level? I'm just a few purchases away from Rouge, but I could definitely wait if there's a 4x points chance coming up for me as well...

poshified

Hope you'll be joining us on the Rouge journey soon! :smileyhappy:

mrsbridger

(0) Hearts

Oh, I see now. It's 3x points for VIB. That'll have to be good enough. I'll still wait. I have to spend about $1000 on books in the next few weeks, so I should have no problem waiting...

mafan

I agree, 4x points definitely will help me wait a bit longer.  I've broken down a couple of times this month, mostly for Ariel which I planned to do.  But it's better than I had been recently, anyway.

And yesterday I had a fun trip to Sephora and didn't spend a penny.  Well, I did get new perfume, but that was with a scent certificate from a set I'd already bought, and it would really be a shame for that to go to waste because I waited so long that things weren't carried, right?  But other than using my certificate I picked up some samples and didn't buy anything else.

poshified

Which perfume did you end up getting? I'm definitely compiling a list of things to get during 4x points days.

mafan

I got Versace Yellow Diamond.  I had the certificate from the 4 fragrance set from last year.  (I got it when it was discounted and then on sale on top of that, and I think it was $40 to start, so it was a good deal!)  I was debating between Yellow Diamond and Michael Kors. 

I have been so bad about acquiring perfumes recently.  I love the perfumes that were in the latest Sephora set with the mini bottles.  I'd already gotten Florabotanica earlier in the year, and was going to get La Vie est Belle with the certificate.  Then I made the mistake of walking into SiJCP and finding the 2.5 oz set with mini and lotion marked down from ~$110 to ~$60, and the perfume itself is $98!  So I decided I had to take it home.  (Plus, it was 3x points when purchasing fragrance, sigh.)

So then I was thinking of Coach Love and that I would get it, because I liked it too.  (I just LOVED La Vie est Belle.)  And again I went into SiJCP last month and saw the set with the large bottle for $40!

So now I'm still not sure what I'm going to get out of that set.  I won't even say no to another bottle of something I bought, I like them both that much.

This is why I am working really hard on the no buy thing this month!

wendyomgwar

I love Versace yellow!! But I'm trying really hard to go through at least one perfume before buying another, even if its just a roller ball. You can be sure I'll pick up the mini from the promo code board though :smileyvery-happy:

poshified

I got the exact same set as you (with the nail polish too right?) I ended up getting the Gucci Guilty, which I've learned is too heavy for the warm weather months but will be put to good use come fall/winter :smileyhappy: I love it when companies come out with gift sets!

wendyomgwar

Way to go! When I went to Sephoa I almost did it I was so close! But then I spotted the Caudalie set that has been discontinued and I couldn't wait I had to have I didn't want my Sephora to run out! $32 well spent! And I just spent $13 on a supergood spf for body to reach rouge

mafan

I have the supergoop -- except I got the SPF 30 in a larger spray at Ulta, but this was on my list.  It's the only sunscreen I've found that I can wear on my legs because I react badly to Oxybenzone.  I have a good stock of the cream but I was thrilled to find a spray.  I know some people would think me nuts that this is where I would splurge, but a good sunscreen makes or breaks a vacation, so I'm a happy camper on that purchase.  (Which was last month; I have been pretty good this month, but I'd have broken down for that.)

wendyomgwar

If I have cream spf products I don't put them on, unless its for my face. And I literally burn even if i DO put on sunscreen so I definitely needed a great one!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 655 replies
  • 1146 hearts
  • 57 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • prosopon
    • khgal
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • mrsbridger