poshified

No Buy July!

Having gone through my makeup collection extensively the past week, I've decided to go on a 'No Buy July' challenge (which includes not buying necessities such as makeup remover and brush cleansers, since I have loads of deluxe samples to go through.) As an avid supporter of both Sephora stores and Sephora.com, this might be difficult, but I'm still determined :smileyhappy:.

My goal is to make it through the entire month of July without any purchases, and if possible, until my birthday in August.

If any of you beautyholics are also planning on a No Buy July, please comment below (and help each other through the next month-ish! :smileyvery-happy:)

rikkie

Re: No Buy July!

Traditionally there has been a sale in October or more recently November, that is 20% off. It began as a Friends and Family sale, but Sephora seems to have a weird relationship with customers about it the past couple years. They claim it won't happen, nope, just for actual friends and family of employees and they will have unique codes to give out personally and tried to offer a paltry 10% off and some promo codes after people had been waiting all year for this sale and it was a big fuss, haha. We'll see what the new drama is this year.

poshified

I remember the whole Sephora employees' friends and families only fiasco last year! Honestly, not sure if it was worth tracking down a code for, but if you've build a good enough of relationships with the employees at your local Sephora stores, they'll gladly give you one of the ten or so postcards they've received from the company.

wendyomgwar

I think its towards the later holidays, sephora doesn't tell us exactly when.

poshified

Oh I forgot. Didn't Sephora do a $15 off $50 purchase last year as well closer to the holidays?

rikkie

(0) Hearts

Usually they do, yes! I think the VIB one was $20 off, but I'm not 100% on that. 

poshified

I'm thinking of only purchasing the one or two limited edition items during the bonus points week and then saving the other few more expensive items for 20% off. I know I need to repurchase Chloe. I went through that bad boy so quicky! lol

drrragon

LOL and we know LE is your weakness! :smileyvery-happy:  So great that you used up your Chloe!  Replacing empties makes me feel a lot better than buying more stuff that I already have too much of (like blush, eyeshadows) and will never use up!

poshified

Hahaha you know me too well! I find I always go back to Chloe not mattering if I try and branch out to other scents. And one can never have too much eyeshadows :smileyvery-happy:

dolceloure

I'm continuing my no-buy into August....for the most part. :smileywink: Since it'll be my b-day month, I'm going to allow myself ONE trip to Sephora to get my b-day gift, a few samples, and then troll the clearance section, lol. I have a good feeling about finding nail polish there. :smileyhappy: Also, I'm going to go during that 3x points window...make the most of my purchase! Wish I could get one of the more expensive items on my wishlist to really get some use out of the 3x promo, but it's just not in the budget right now.

wendyomgwar

I'm trying to watch my budget as well, but I know there are a couple of things I just WANT lol. 

prosopon

Good for you on continuing! I will be joining you.

poshified

August babies rock! :smileyhappy: I definitely applaud your willpower with No Buy, especially during your birthday month! I hope Sephora will have some good point perks by the time 3x week comes around!

dolceloure

haha thanks. Though come September 30th (first pay day) I imagine I'm going to explode all over Sephora, running down aisles screaming "SWATCH ME!!!!" and end up spending half my paycheck, lol. 

poshified

You are too funny! :smileyhappy:

shoegirly

[ Edited ]

Too funny! :smileyvery-happy:

rikkie

This is the best mental image ever, hahahaha. I totally know the feeling though, a couple of weeks ago when I got to go to a Sephora store for the first time in nearly a year I swear I swatched everything in it!

wendyomgwar

Btw do you really need more highlighters :smileywink:

Maybe that LM one... it has shapes lol

wendyomgwar

I'm really trying to cut down on my spending so I'm going to get the Ariel mirror in stores hopefully! And when we get the 20% off, which is what I'm waiting for to buy some other goodies, I think a perfume (still debating on exactly which one). Those Urban Decay polishes look super tempting too! Oh! And the Urban Decay B6 spray

malday

If it helps, the UD Nail Color in Vice looks exactly like NARS Purple Rain, which isn't LE. 

wendyomgwar

I really like the packaging on the UD polish... #BeautyAdditionProblems

malday

Then clearly the only solution is to buy it! I personally have both UD polishes and NARS Purple Rain haha.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 655 replies
  • 1146 hearts
  • 57 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • prosopon
    • khgal
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • mrsbridger