poshified

No Buy July!

Having gone through my makeup collection extensively the past week, I've decided to go on a 'No Buy July' challenge (which includes not buying necessities such as makeup remover and brush cleansers, since I have loads of deluxe samples to go through.) As an avid supporter of both Sephora stores and Sephora.com, this might be difficult, but I'm still determined :smileyhappy:.

My goal is to make it through the entire month of July without any purchases, and if possible, until my birthday in August.

If any of you beautyholics are also planning on a No Buy July, please comment below (and help each other through the next month-ish! :smileyvery-happy:)

poshified

Re: No Buy July!

Did you ever see Sephora's red and black blush and bronzer brush? :smileywink:

swfupload_3994902222258113811.jpg

rikkie

I forgot about that one! I'm not big on double ended brushes though, I'm always worried about squashing one end or the other. I don't know how to store them to avoid it and not have them rolling all over the place. Any ideas?

poshified

I'm not a fan of double ended brushes either, and have been looking for the perfect storage method. Brush rolls destroy whichever end I stick in first. So for now I've resorted to just Ziplocking all of my double ended brushes together, and so far it's worked out better than I thought! LOL

poshified

I remember that Dior one! It sold out like hotcakes!

starletta8

Shhh... not necessarily. If it's still in stock a couple of places, it'll be mine Friday.

poshified

Check the Dior site :smileyhappy:

poshified

Meteorites are amaze balls (pun intended), but I'm not sure if the brush is worth the price tag. Everytime I feel it in store, I feel it's a tad scratchy. Sephora Collection has definitely stepped up its game! My fave liner from the line is 06 Blonde Ambition for inner corner highlight. And that Bobbi Brown set is a steal, especially with the double ended brush! :smileyhappy:

starletta8

I use the compact version of Meteorites already.

I dunno, I prefer to buy the brush offered with an item when possible.

poshified

True, and who can really resist a pink brush? :smileyhappy:

wendyomgwar

swfupload_5020294869698140051.jpgI'm really wanting to buy this little kit! I saw someone else post it and I don't have a lot of Guerlain stuff, just one lipstick I think! But $60 is a lot to shell out for just one of the meteorites especially with never trying it out before. So I thought this would be a good way to try out some more stuff for around the same price.

And Bobbi Brown makes amazing products! That lilac shade is gorgeous!!

prosopon

(0) Hearts

This set looks good! Another thing for the wish list...

poshified

Once you go Guerlain, you won't go to any other brands :smileywink:. I believe the Meteorites in that set is a mini, so it only has several balls in the container. It is still a great deal especially since you'll never end up using more than 25% of the regular sized tin of Meteorites! I've heard that the illuminator/concealer is better than the Touche Eclat, so you'll have to let me know if that's true :smileyhappy:

wendyomgwar

I wanted to start off with a mini that way I know if it reacts well with my skin and if the fragrance is too much for me. But i've heard great things about the pen too! I'm going to hold out buying it till the 4x points though!

poshified

I hope you end up liking the Meteorites! I once saw a blogger who was into collecting Meteorites -- so impressed by the collection lol

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

I hope I do but at the same time I don't! Lol They're so expensive but they're so pretty looking!

poshified

Enjoy! :smileyhappy:

swfupload_6618776390961838199.jpg

ChicDabbler

So pretty! Why are all the blush and luminizers so pretty when the only thing I wear is redness reducing mattifying powder, which is always plain. T.T

I love the ones with gold covers....

arielaaaaaaaa

Oh no, your doing some serious enabling right now!!! :smileywink:

i think I need to try some of these!

poshified

Just doin' what I do best :smileywink: You really have to give them a go -- totally worth the hype!

wendyomgwar

OMG! The fourth one in the bottom row has such a pretty top! Oh no... these would be so easy to collect oh gosh...

poshified

Hahaha, and they smell amazing! I wish Guerlain puts out a fragrance like it.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 655 replies
  • 1146 hearts
  • 57 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • prosopon
    • khgal
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • mrsbridger