poshified

No Buy July!

Having gone through my makeup collection extensively the past week, I've decided to go on a 'No Buy July' challenge (which includes not buying necessities such as makeup remover and brush cleansers, since I have loads of deluxe samples to go through.) As an avid supporter of both Sephora stores and Sephora.com, this might be difficult, but I'm still determined :smileyhappy:.

My goal is to make it through the entire month of July without any purchases, and if possible, until my birthday in August.

If any of you beautyholics are also planning on a No Buy July, please comment below (and help each other through the next month-ish! :smileyvery-happy:)

starletta8

Re: No Buy July!

Just remember the special editions are $70 and up...

And the Voyage compact is $170.

poshified

I've been meaning to try the Voyage pressed Meteorite, but I think I'll resort to just the refill. I can't justify shelling $170 just for the extra compact -- though it is pretty to look at :smileyhappy:

starletta8

I find the regular compact to be wonderful enough, and it's $58, I think?

poshified

Definitely worth every penny!

rikkie

The illuminator pen by itself is full size and it goes for ~$45 if I remember correctly, I ordered this set three weeks ago and it arrived too late for me to get it from my husband before I left for Canada. :smileysad: I am dying knowing it's been sitting there for two and half weeks!

poshified

Ahhh hate it when shipping time gets in the way of things!

wendyomgwar

*gasp* oh no!!! If you get back to your kit before I buy it let me know what you think!

rikkie

Unlikely, you'll have to show off yours for me to live vicariously. Apparently the entire month of August is going to be spent processing student visas, so my immigration stuff just gets shoved to the side for an whole extra month. I really thought I could be in the US around the beginning of September but I don't even think I will be by my birthday, ten days before October. 

Maybe I'll have him ship me some things though. :smileyhappy:

prosopon

As a part of my one buy, I am debating between Tarte maracuja c-brightener eye treatment or a matte palette (either the Kat Von D ladybird or Too Faced matte eyeshadow collection).

wendyomgwar

Kat Von D ladybird! It's so pretty and since I can't buy anymore eyeshadow I'll live vicariously though you :smileyvery-happy:

poshified

Flowerbomb31 on Youtube reviewed your Guerlain blush! Just thought you should know :smileywink:

wendyomgwar

OMG why does this month have 31 days!! I can do this... I can do this.

poshified

As an eyeshadow junkie, my vote goes to the palette :smileywink:

prosopon

I know me too! But, I have been noticing more dark circles under my eyes.  Maybe I will get a sample of the eye cream and go for the palette.

starletta8

Enabler alert: get a sample of Shiseido's WrinkleResist 24 Eye cream at the same time. It has done miracles with my eyes when no other product has!

wendyomgwar

If you get a sample of the eye cream then you sort of get both :smileyvery-happy:!

prosopon

That was exactly what I was thinking!

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

Go for it! Lol and if you're still not sure after you use the sample get another sample!

poshified

Or cash in 100 pts for a deluxe sample of eye cream :smileyhappy:

drrragon

I wasn't planning any hauls, trying to wait until the 20% off, but when I read about the 3x points for VIBs in August I put a bunch of stuff in my shopping cart.  Then I went through and thought about which items could wait until later.  I ended up with a much smaller list of mostly utilitarian items, like new beautyblenders (mine are coming apart), a sulfer mask, a corally lip liner (to match all the coral lippies I bought in the spring), and maybe that MUFE Sens'eyes makeup remover that everyone raves out. 

dolceloure

Ooh, what's this 20% off thing? I vaguely remember last summer there was an additional 20% off promo, but it was just for sale items -- is that it, or is there some other type of 20 off promo to look forward to?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 655 replies
  • 1146 hearts
  • 57 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • prosopon
    • khgal
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • mrsbridger