poshified

No Buy July!

Having gone through my makeup collection extensively the past week, I've decided to go on a 'No Buy July' challenge (which includes not buying necessities such as makeup remover and brush cleansers, since I have loads of deluxe samples to go through.) As an avid supporter of both Sephora stores and Sephora.com, this might be difficult, but I'm still determined :smileyhappy:.

My goal is to make it through the entire month of July without any purchases, and if possible, until my birthday in August.

If any of you beautyholics are also planning on a No Buy July, please comment below (and help each other through the next month-ish! :smileyvery-happy:)

poshified

Re: No Buy July!

I never paid attention to Caudalie fragrances until one of the employees showed me! I might need it in my life lol

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

They have fragrances o.o

Missie772

Oh my goodness. I have been on a self imposed no buy July and I never realized there is a support group!! WHAT? I do it twice a year, in January (after the holidays so I feel like I am well stocked up enough that it doesn't quite matter) and in July (after the release of the summer collections and before the fall collections are released).

However, in January, I "cheat". I get gift cards or money from Santa, that money is okay for me to spend in January for all of the post Christmas sales! But in July it is hard as well. Not that hard because it's my birthday and what I can't buy, I ask for it. Lol.

But with the release of the Ariel Collection... I am so sad! It came out after my birthday and of course it was snatched up so quickly!!! It needs to still be there in August when I am done with my no buy!!!

Now it seems like my now buy has been extended a bit longer because there is no point in starting it August 1 when I can wait a bit longer to get 4 times points. Please help... I may die... Lol!

poshified

Not to mention Marc Jacobs collection hitting the stores in August :smileywink:

wendyomgwar

The Ariel collection is going in stores in August :smileyhappy: I'm hoping to get the mirror! And I'm thinking that rather of doing a permanent no buy I will just watch my spending more carefully I think that now that I'm Rouge and have free shipping I won't be as likely to try and stuff my orders for free $50 shipping! 

poshified

I'm thinking Rouges should get free 2nd day shipping if we spend over $50 :smileywink:

LadyInWhite

That's one of my big problems too; I'd see something I want and instead of waiting for something else I need, I'd just "top off" my basket for the free shipping.  I'm always paranoid that the original thing I wanted will sell out.

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

Ahh yes I've gotten a many crappy things that way! so glad that free shipping will discourage that bad habit!

wendyomgwar

I broke down twice... but I'm definitely going to limit my purchases from now on, I really wanted to be Rouge and now that I am I know that for next year (to continue being a Rouge) I have the entire year and won't feel rushed into spending the thousand on beauty products, so I think that's what I'll do is limit my bath/body/beauty/hair/skin product purchases to a thousand... try being the key word.

poshified

Hooray on Rouging it!! :smileyhappy:

wendyomgwar

And now I can be reimbursed for flash shipping so that kind of cancels out some of the damage I did... right right??? lol

poshified

I thought it was really nice for Sephora to allow that option! One more reason to shop Sephora over Ulta :smileyhappy:

mpolansky

WE'RE ALMOST THERE! :smileyvery-happy:

I have to say I'm pretty impressed that I survived.

I've had final exams this whole week (two left...can't wait to be done!) so I decided that I'm allowed one makeup item if I survive. I already have my eyes on the new Urban Decay Revolution lipsticks so I plan on getting ONE of those this weekend once I'm finally home! (Have I stressed the one item enough yet? haha)

Have you guys already planned your next purchase or have you decided to extend the no buy?

poshified

You have to let us know how you like the UD lipstick when you pick it up! I'm on a no lipstick/gloss buy till January. The only exception is the Dior Jelly Lip Pen which is limited edition and I'll have to track it down :smileyhappy:

wendyomgwar

Maybe I'll do a glossout 2013 as well, I seriously don't need anymore lip products!!! 

poshified

Glosses go bad so quickly too! As soon as I detect a change in smell, I toss it out.

wendyomgwar

Okay I'm doing it! No more lipstick/lipgloss/ lip whatever!! Other then lip balm of course... I should be good on that too though... Glossout 2013 initiate! 

mpolansky

Will do! From pictures I've had my eye on Venom and Anarchy...have to see them in person though :smileyhappy:

prosopon

Yay!!! One week left!!

I am definitely going to extend, but I am going to have to change the rules I made in my mind.  I am going to continue not going crazy buying different hair products, body products, skin care products (use what I have and replace only what I need). But, I am going to a one buy for makeup products. Now what that looks like, I dont know.  Maybe a dollar limit...maybe literally one item no matter the cost...I don't know yet.

drrragon

ooh a one buy sounds really interesting especially if you have no cost limit for that one item!  curious to know what you end up deciding, i hope you'll let us know when you get that special item! :smileyvery-happy:

I'm going to sift through my wishlist and see whether the stuff I want to buy can wait until the VIB sale later this year!  but with the news of 3x points for VIBs that week in August I'm not sure I'll be able to wait that long!

mpolansky

I agree with the skin care/body products. I have so many that need used up, along with makeup.

You still have time to figure it out :smileyhappy: I don't know my plans for after this one purchase yet either. Thinking of doing a modified "project 5 pan" that someone else posted earlier where I can buy one makeup item for every 5 I finish. We'll see!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 655 replies
  • 1146 hearts
  • 57 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • prosopon
    • khgal
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • mrsbridger