poshified

No Buy July!

Having gone through my makeup collection extensively the past week, I've decided to go on a 'No Buy July' challenge (which includes not buying necessities such as makeup remover and brush cleansers, since I have loads of deluxe samples to go through.) As an avid supporter of both Sephora stores and Sephora.com, this might be difficult, but I'm still determined :smileyhappy:.

My goal is to make it through the entire month of July without any purchases, and if possible, until my birthday in August.

If any of you beautyholics are also planning on a No Buy July, please comment below (and help each other through the next month-ish! :smileyvery-happy:)

wendyomgwar

Re: No Buy July!

I'm in too! Probably will have a cheat shopping trip a very small one! I need to save up to pay for college, its starting back up soon. Also then I can justify going a little bit crazy when all the holiday sets and sales come woohoo! 

prosopon

That sounds great to me! Count me in through August.  I will make two small purchases in August, but that is it.  No impulse buys, no going overboard, no buying stuff I don't need.

poshified

My plan after the No Buy is to only allow myself one color makeup item for every 10 products I finish (including deluxe sized products.) Seeing how olive green is the trend for eye makeup for the fall, I think I'll be set on not purchasing any palettes :smileyvery-happy: I am, however, excited to see how Dior's new Fusion Mono (cream eyeshadows?) perform though!

That said, I am allowing myself to purchase skincare, primers, cleansers, lotions only if I run out :smileyhappy:

wendyomgwar

I definitely need to get through bath and body, I'm not backing down on that! And I need to get through all my skincare things too, I know that I honestly just have too much of that stuff and unlike makeup I'll actually throw it out if it expires! All of that money is not going in the trash no way! 

prosopon

That is so hard to do (buying stuff only after running out)!  I feel like I am always on the look out for a better ------ (fill in the blank).  That is why I have ended ip with so many shampoos, conditioners, other hair products, face products, etc.  I usually give my husband stuff (non makeup products) to finish because he doesn't care what moisturizer/shampoo he uses.  But he can't finish them fast enough! 

poshified

I'm like you! I should learn to appreciate what's working for me at the moment instead of searching for the next best thing. Such a vicious cycle!

wendyomgwar

I'm kind of on the same page, it seems that I'm just going to go crazy in August, but I'm trying to hold off till the 20% off because then I will actually be saving money even if I buy it all in one huge order.

mpolansky

(0) Hearts

What is this 20% off you're talking about?! Is it a VIB thing?

wendyomgwar

Yea I think regular beauty insiders get 15% off, VIBs get 20% off though for friends and family or something like that

prosopon

20% off will be a nice chunk of change saved!

wendyomgwar

Exactly! Thats what I keep telling myself and I haven't bought anything yet haha

mpolansky

I feel the need to confess... I almost did damage on an impulse buy. I was SO CLOSE to just buying two bh cosmetics palettes on Hautelook along with a BCBG crossbody bag. But as I was filling out my information I made myself take a step back and realized that I don't need them!!!

One more impulse buy avoided.

wendyomgwar

Oh no! You're so strong, I had to stop going on hautelook all together because it got really bad... I was one of those people waiting for the sales to start! My bank account really took a dent that summer x.x

mpolansky

I had been avoiding it and for some reason thought I could go on there today and just browse... it took me until I was filling out my credit card info to realize what I was doing. I'm glad I stopped myself!

mpolansky

And lesson learned. No good comes of online browsing, especially on Hautelook. You only find things you want.

poshified

Good for you! What really keeps me from pressing the "Submit Order" button is taking a few deep breaths and re-evaluating my current stash of said item(s) :smileyhappy:

starletta8

I may need to join... Posting this from the car dealership.

wendyomgwar

Good luck! It's never to late to join haha

poshified

Oh no! I hate dealing with cars -- next to computers!

mpolansky

Aw I feel for you. That happened to me last week. Sending positive thoughts your way, and hoping everything works out with your car!

starletta8

It turned out to be really minor- so of course I hit the mall afterwards.

*face.palm*

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 655 replies
  • 1146 hearts
  • 57 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • prosopon
    • khgal
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa