poshified

No Buy July!

Having gone through my makeup collection extensively the past week, I've decided to go on a 'No Buy July' challenge (which includes not buying necessities such as makeup remover and brush cleansers, since I have loads of deluxe samples to go through.) As an avid supporter of both Sephora stores and Sephora.com, this might be difficult, but I'm still determined :smileyhappy:.

My goal is to make it through the entire month of July without any purchases, and if possible, until my birthday in August.

If any of you beautyholics are also planning on a No Buy July, please comment below (and help each other through the next month-ish! :smileyvery-happy:)

wendyomgwar

Re: No Buy July!

(0) Hearts

Hahahaha... I guess that means you're not joining

poshified

Retail therapy soothes the soul :smileyhappy:

mpolansky

There must be something about car dealerships and stress that calls for some retail/beauty therapy. Right after I left the dealership with my car is when I bought the perfume I talked about a few days ago. I avoided makeup but still needed a pick-me-up!

wendyomgwar

Back from vacation and I still haven't bought any makeup! I was going to cave and buy the Ariel mirror today but I saw that it was already sold out :smileysad: guess I'll have to wait till it launches in store but I'm super bummed! Anyways Day 19 down woohoo :smileyhappy:

poshified

Hope you're all refreshed from your vacay! So glad to have you back and going strong still :smileyhappy:

wendyomgwar

I missed it here! Lol the wifi at the hotel sucked :smileysad: and my phone doesn't let me access the boards it was tortue haha!

poshified

#BTWithdrawal LOL!

wendyomgwar

Hahaha omg we should get that trending!

Seriously though I had so much catching up to do!

starletta8

I missed Ariel... oops.

I have the other 2 mirrors and don't use them very much, so I think I'm good. Plus, I have a couple of the awesome sparkly Tarina Tarantino mirrors.

I did place multiple orders today- bad, bad, bad.

poshified

I wish Sephora never discontinued Tarina's line!

drrragon

oh my gosh I never discovered TT until the products were discontinued by Sephora and popped up in the sale section.  I LOOOOooooooooved her stuff!  So sad that Sephora doesn't carry them any more.

poshified

Her pencil liners gave Urban Decay's a run for their money! :smileyhappy:

starletta8

It took a couple of months, but you can buy her line from her website now.

poshified

And also Blush dot com! :smileyhappy:

mafan

@beautytester, yes, I think you should be kind of proud of yourself.  By waiting you can also test what you want in store and think longer about what you really want instead of jumping on it just because you get a first chance.  As you say, it's not limited edition.

I am not totally proud of myself, because I just placed a Hautelook order.  But I didn't go as nuts as I could have.  They have Clarins on the site today, including their exfoliating toner that I swear is simply not available in this country usually.  Since I want to try it, I was seriously considering ordering it in the UK and sending it to my mother-in-law to bring along when she visits in October.  So yes, I would have bought it later, but this has to be less expensive and less of a hassle.  I also got hydrating toner, as I am going through the other type that I got and one sale the price is right.  (I have used this off and on for years now.)

Now I really need to stop having "this is my only chance" things come my way because I really am good to wait otherwise!

poshified

Tell me about it! Whenever companies tack on the words "Limited Edition", my heart races ten times faster lol.

mafan

It's not even just that it's limited edition.  I can and have resisted some of that.  But I knew some things in the Ariel collection would not last and I wanted them back when Cinderella launched.  (Oh, well, I have at least been good about not buying Disney pins this year.  Trying not to be too bad next year when I'm there is much harder.)

But when I found the Clarins stuff I wanted and couldn't even put it on a list to buy later because I can't find it in this country, that was it.  (Do not ask my why it isn't here.  It's from France, it's carried by Clarins UK but not Clarins US, because I checked the website when I resisted making a big order earlier.) 

Oh well, back to being a good girl again.

ChicDabbler

I just completed the process of talking myself out of getting Marc Jacob collection NOW......cuz I realized I had 3 big beauty orders this month. It's not a limited edition, so I won't lose anything by getting it next month when the whole collection's here.

I feel......kind of proud of myself?

poshified

As an eyeshadow junkie, I wasn't really drawn to any of the palettes. Maybe it's because I couldn't justify $42 for 3 shades. And the colors of the 7-pan palettes have shades I can't see myself reaching for. Maybe I just have to see it in store first :smileyhappy:

divagirl90

Same. I feel like (from looking at the pictures) the colors in the palettes aren't unique or colors that I just HAD to have :/

poshified

Maybe they'll have more palette color options when the line hits the store! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 655 replies
  • 1146 hearts
  • 57 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • prosopon
    • khgal
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • mrsbridger