poshified

No Buy July!

Having gone through my makeup collection extensively the past week, I've decided to go on a 'No Buy July' challenge (which includes not buying necessities such as makeup remover and brush cleansers, since I have loads of deluxe samples to go through.) As an avid supporter of both Sephora stores and Sephora.com, this might be difficult, but I'm still determined :smileyhappy:.

My goal is to make it through the entire month of July without any purchases, and if possible, until my birthday in August.

If any of you beautyholics are also planning on a No Buy July, please comment below (and help each other through the next month-ish! :smileyvery-happy:)

poshified

Re: No Buy July!

I've heard mixed reviews on GlamGlow, so you'll have to tell us how it is! One of the makeup artists at my store broke out from it.

dolceloure

I know, seriously, good job! I've been meaning to go to Sephora to get some samples of post-acne scars fading treatments, but I'm afraid I'll be tempted to buy something!

drrragon

wow that takes a lot of self control to actually be IN sephora and not buy anything after a really stressful day!  good onnya mate!  :smileyvery-happy:

poshified

Tube of Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream in Shade 23: FINISHED! Been working on that bad boy the past year or so.

Dior Diorshow Brow Styler: DONE. I'm kinda bummed about finishing it, since it was so pricey. You can bet on my keeping the spoolie! :smileyhappy:

Another day of no purchasing DOWN!

drrragon

Yup, July 17 -- no beauty purchases today, either!  :smileyhappy:

Has anyone else noticed they're eating more junk food during this no-buy? :smileysad:

prosopon

Hahaha.. I hate to admit it but...YES!  I better get some grapes and cuties pronto!

poshified

I have! Hence, my spending more time at the gym haha. At least it's keeping me away from the Sephora and Ulta stores :smileyvery-happy:

prosopon

Well, the month is about 1/2 over and I have 6 empties!

image.jpg

I am happy I am getting rid of stuff, but I am sad it is not more makeup items.  What are you all using up since starting the no buy?

poshified

Yay for finishing products! I've got a pile of things I've used up -- will post it soon :smileyhappy:

dolceloure

That's awesome!

I already threw my stuff out, so no pictures, but I just finished my tube of Kate Somerville ExfoliKate enzyme peel! Happy about it b/c I have two other peels I've been waiting to try, but saddened b/c I loved ExfoliKate and I want to get another one!! I also finished a mini bottle of my Jennifer Aniston perfume -- but I have 2 more minis, + a full size bottle. :smileywink: 

I need to get cracking on some of my makeup though. Somehow, that takes longest to finish!

prosopon

Great job!  You are so good! If I have different brands of the same type of product I tend to open them all and try a little of this and a little of that.  Hence why I could last the entire month of July (and probably August and September) without making another beauty purchase.  

poshified

I'm like you -- I branch out in too many directions when it comes to trying new products! lol

poshified

Color makeup is impossible to use. I FINALLY hit pan on my transition color after using it daily the past 7 months! :smileyhappy:

prosopon

Wow!  That is an accomplishment for sure!  If you think about how much real estate you are covering with the color its no wonder it takes for-ev-er to go though. I have yet to hit pan on any color.

drrragon

woot!  you're doing a great job!

I didn't take any photos, but I have run through a few items:

-Cibu spray-in hair conditioner (yay it's finally gone!)

-threw out a couple old eyeliners and mascaras that don't work/dried up

I think that's all unfortunately :smileysad:  Still nowhere near hitting pan on any eyeshadows or blush.

poshified

I have yet to hit pan on a blush. Cross my fingers that the first blush I hit on is NOT a limited edition one haha!

mkupgk

I had like over 100 foil samples and I'm 1/4 way through

poshified

For some reason, I can usually only get one application from foil packets before the product hardens or changes texture and/or color by the next day.

crayzeeRN

@poshified- do you have any leftover little sample containers from Sephora? (they usually stick foundation or liquid-y samples in them). I cut open and squeeze my little sample packettes in those containers, which keeps the air from getting in and lets me get a couple uses out of them :smileyhappy:

poshified

Oooh thanks for the tip! I'll have to start saving the sample containers :smileyhappy:

dolceloure

So I was out running errands and decided to let myself go to Marshall's and look at perfumes (*bows head in shame* I have SO much perfume), and told myself I could only buy one if it was under $15. I heard a lot of good things about the Jordan Sparks perfume, and they had a 2.5 oz bottle for $8!! AND it smells great.

:smileytongue: 

So far, I've broken twice this month, but have only spent a grand total of $11 on beauty products. I don't think I'm doing *too* bad! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 655 replies
  • 1146 hearts
  • 57 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • prosopon
    • khgal
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • mrsbridger