poshified

No Buy July!

Having gone through my makeup collection extensively the past week, I've decided to go on a 'No Buy July' challenge (which includes not buying necessities such as makeup remover and brush cleansers, since I have loads of deluxe samples to go through.) As an avid supporter of both Sephora stores and Sephora.com, this might be difficult, but I'm still determined :smileyhappy:.

My goal is to make it through the entire month of July without any purchases, and if possible, until my birthday in August.

If any of you beautyholics are also planning on a No Buy July, please comment below (and help each other through the next month-ish! :smileyvery-happy:)

violalea

Re: No Buy July!

(0) Hearts

O.M.G i love friends and this episode and most of them were so funny!!!!!!!!

drrragon

Definitely, $11 over the first half of a no-buy month....we can let that pass :smileyhappy:

poshified

$11 isn't bad at all! We'll forgive you just this once :smileyvery-happy:

beautylovingirl

@poshified-No I got it on the website from Tarte it was at the beginning of summer I got an email from them and that's the only place I've ever seen it.

poshified

Oh ok I see! She'd only told me she missed out when it was live on QVC -- never knew it was on the Tarte site.

beautylovingirl

@poshified- I got that palette to when it first came out I love the colors in it there so workable.

roxystar4

it is a super cute palette!

poshified

Was this a re-released palette?

poshified

swfupload_6824160527587999697.jpg

Confession time: placed an order for my cousin living in Australia who has no access to Sephora nor Tarte, when she called me this morning about this palette! It sure is a pretty palette but I wasn't a fan of the Aqualilies one, so I won't be buying one for myself :smileyhappy:

poshified

Tarte Aqualilies and this palette smells terrible, btw.

drrragon

Yeah, if I'm buying beauty products for someone else, I don't count that as part of a no-buy.  You're doing a nice thing for your cousin!

Although maybe I should count it in my case....I bought an awful lot of stuff for my sister over the last few months.....and she doesn't even wear makeup!  

poshified

The makeup industry in Australia hike the prices, it's ridiculous! A drugstore foundation costs nearly $40! The downside to living in a country where the accent makes me weak at the knees :smileywink:

divagirl90

I saw this and want it! I've never tried any of tarte's powder products but it looks so pretty!

poshified

Tarte's cream eyeshadows = AMAZING!!! :smileyhappy:

poshified

Forgot to mention that the purchase was made with one of the gift cards I received.

mpolansky

The ultimate No Buy July test: I went into a Sephora today, and DIDN'T BUY ANY MAKEUP. Woo!

Can't say I was an angel though because I got myself a rollerball perfume (Flowerbomb - Viktor & Rolf), but this was something I've wanted for a long time and my other perfume just ran out. Not an impulse buy at all. Making lots of progress!

poshified

Baby steps :smileyhappy: But no impulse buy is a great start!

drrragon

sounds like we're doing pretty well so far!  I have to say I'm surprised at how well this no buy has been going for me.  I've tried no-buys before and usually failed miserably.  I think this support thread really helps a lot, to know that others are making a serious effort to cut back on purchases, so I'm not alone in this crazy endeavor!  :smileyvery-happy:

divagirl90

This is my first no buy and I'm doing great so far despite all of the fall collections coming out. I'm thinking of maybe doing a no buy every other month.

prosopon

I agree about having this support.  I am so glad that I am not doing this alone.  Many thanks to you all!

poshified

Thank YOU as well! Keep up the great work, ladies! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 655 replies
  • 1146 hearts
  • 57 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • prosopon
    • khgal