poshified

No Buy July!

Having gone through my makeup collection extensively the past week, I've decided to go on a 'No Buy July' challenge (which includes not buying necessities such as makeup remover and brush cleansers, since I have loads of deluxe samples to go through.) As an avid supporter of both Sephora stores and Sephora.com, this might be difficult, but I'm still determined :smileyhappy:.

My goal is to make it through the entire month of July without any purchases, and if possible, until my birthday in August.

If any of you beautyholics are also planning on a No Buy July, please comment below (and help each other through the next month-ish! :smileyvery-happy:)

wendyomgwar

Re: No Buy July!

We're almost half way there :smileyhappy:

poshified

YESSS!!! I don't mind this month slowing down though, since we haven't really had a Summer so far in Ohio.

drrragon

TGIF!!!!!  I've worked a solid 12 hours today and normally I'd swing by my local Sephora to de-stress but.....I'm pretty sure I'd walk out with $$$ worth of goodies so I'll stay away today :smileyhappy:  Maybe get some some chocolate cake instead :smileyhappy:

poshified

Or frozen yogurt with all the yummy toppings -- aka my weakness! lol

starletta8

My usual treat? One of the small sandwich cookies from Whole Foods. One per week.... not too guilty!

prosopon

I just saw a quick "how to" ice cream sandwiches in reader's digest that involves putting a little bit of ice cream between 2 pretzel squares.  I tried it this week using a melon baller and it was great! Not only did a few satisfy my sweet craving, but it was the best combo of sweet and salty.  

poshified

That's such a good idea! Definitely a better choice than Trail Mix, which is my go-to fix :smileyhappy:

poshified

I lived down the street from Whole Foods for a few months. My wallet had never seen a bigger dent! haha

starletta8

Ever since Whole Foods started the growler program in my area, it's been eating my wallet!

poshified

So jealous right now! Ever since I've moved, the closest Whole Foods is 45 minutes away!

mityren

Definately on a no necessity no buy.  I went through my make up a few weeks back and gave an entire huge dump bag full of make up away to my little cousin cuz I just couldn't use cuz of irritation or didn't look right. And I gave her a couple Tarte pallets that I was not impressed with. Made me little ill when I tallied up the amount of money I basically gave away.   Yes, I could have returned after I bought it but I never feel right returning products I've used and should have known better than to buy to begin with. Like blue eyes shadow,  I know that's not a color for me! or glitter liner. Any who, I am on punishment until I make better purchasing decisions. I have a kid starting college next month so I need to save anyway.  :smileywink:

poshified

I feel bad about returning items as well! It's one thing if it's not the right foundation shade, but it's a different story if it was a regret purchase. Tarte pressed eyeshadows are not exactly my favorite. Their cream shadows, on the other hand, are AWESOME! Hooray for jumping on the No Buy wagon! :smileyhappy:

wendyomgwar

Once I returned some stuff and got dirty looks from the Sephora employees, so yeah I usually try not to return stuff.

poshified

Really?! That's absurd! Didn't they see your shiny silver card that denotes your VIBness and all its glory?

wendyomgwar

Another day, a whole bunch of dollars... saved that is :smileyvery-happy:

windxi014

Hehe I think I spent the money saved (and more) at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I might have to do a no buy August too =/

poshified

What'd you get at the Anniversary sale? Nothing really caught my attention this year -- which is fine with me :smileyvery-happy:

windxi014

(0) Hearts

Oh my goodness! The shoe department killed me! I fell for the Rag & Bone Harrow Boot. If I were to have only purchased one thing, it would've been that boot! I highly recommend it!

poshified

Now I'm compiling a list of non-makeup things I could buy with all the dollars saved! :smileyvery-happy:

wendyomgwar

Ohh like what?

poshified

mk.jpgThis clutch will be mine if I can make it through this month without buying makeup! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 655 replies
  • 1146 hearts
  • 57 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • prosopon
    • khgal
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • mrsbridger