poshified

No Buy July!

Having gone through my makeup collection extensively the past week, I've decided to go on a 'No Buy July' challenge (which includes not buying necessities such as makeup remover and brush cleansers, since I have loads of deluxe samples to go through.) As an avid supporter of both Sephora stores and Sephora.com, this might be difficult, but I'm still determined :smileyhappy:.

My goal is to make it through the entire month of July without any purchases, and if possible, until my birthday in August.

If any of you beautyholics are also planning on a No Buy July, please comment below (and help each other through the next month-ish! :smileyvery-happy:)

poshified

Re: No Buy July!

I've been known to heavily lay on eye cream in order to try and finish the product, only to deal with milia down the road. Lesson learned! :smileyhappy:

wendyomgwar

I've definitely been using my foil packets! I;m going on vacation next week and I know everyone says don't try new stuff whilst on vacation but I can't help it! It saves so much space packing!! And I feel so proud that I use up the samples lol I'm about to go through a good 20 foils packets in hair, body, face, etc. Is it sad that this makes me super happy? Lol

mpolansky

Not at all! I'm impressed @wendyomgwar. My skin is way too sensitive.... I would not be able to handle all those samples! I can't tell you how long it would take me to go through 20 foil packets. Good for you girlfriend! I'll be cheering you on

poshified

(0) Hearts

I'm with you on sensitivity! I rarely try new products when I'm on vacation to avoid breakouts. So, wendyomgwar, I'm jealous! But have a great vacation! Totally well-deserved with this whole no spending biz :smileyvery-happy:

wendyomgwar

I'm not sure how old everyone is here, so I'm not really sure if age factors into it so much, I'm only 19, but I usually change my nightly moisturizer every day because of all the deluxe samples I have, so I'm not too worried, I've been blessed by the skin gods lol, I rarely break out and I have pretty good skin without anything so my skin isn't too sensitive to change.

drrragon

One more day down!  We're a third of the way through July!

poshified

This year is going by waaaaaaaaaay too quickly. It needs to slow down a bit. One good thing about this no buy business is that it's making me re-evaluate and cross off things I thought I'd be buying in August, including that Dior palette, haha.

prosopon

I am glad you are crossing things off your list!  I feel like my list just keeps getting longer and longer.  I counted 70 products (makeup, skin care, nails, hair care) on my list that I have been seeing and wanting to try.  

I hope that in August I don't go out of control!

poshified

(0) Hearts

That's a long list! What makeup items are on your list? I'm always curious to hear what people are interested in buying :smileyhappy:

drrragon

woooo, that sounds like good progress!

i'm struggling with that today though (probably due to work stress)....i just added 5 new things to my wishlist tonight!  and two of them are eyeshadow palettes!  but then I remembered about the VIB sale in Nov and immediately felt better about not needing to purchase anything NOW :smileyhappy:

poshified

Haha don't forget the employees' friends and family in Sept/Oct too! What palettes are on your wishlist, out of curiosity?

drrragon

they are neutral palettes from Too Face and Bare Minerals.

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?skuId=1528496&productId=P379403

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?skuId=1539436&productId=P380694

I went and swatched the Bare Minerals over the weekend and it was gorgeous....better in person than the photo.  Aside from my Laura Mercier Artist Palette for Eyes, I don't really have a good neutrals palette oddly enough.  I do have plenty of singles though.  

wendyomgwar

I've been eyeing those BareMinerals shadows too!! And I would love to get that Too Faced set but I already have the shadows :< woe is me lol

drrragon

(0) Hearts

the thing about their 8.0 palettes is that I totally love the little brush that comes with it.  one end is a normal shader brush, but the other end is sort of a pointy liner shape but a bit thicker than actual eyeliner brushes so I can use it for detailed crease work, or dampen it for smudgy liner.

poshified

Oooh both look like great sets! Especially that Too Faced kit! Pink overload :smileyhappy: That reminds me, I need to depot my singles sometimes.

drrragon

Yes I've been drooling over that little brush set for a while and when they came out with this new bundle I really had to sit on my hands not to buy it immediately!

wendyomgwar

Thats what I keep telling myself haha, just wait till the 20% off you can do it! I have to give myself pep talks :smileytongue:.

On another note I wish that Sephora would let us see other peoples wishlist, that would be so much fun!

martianeskimo

I've lasted this far which is incredible for me :smileyhappy: I've made it 10 days without buying anything at sephora or ulta. I can't deny I'm bit proud of myself plus the dearth of good vib offers helps lol. 

poshified

I agree! Now when they start rolling out VIB Rouge perks, it might be a different story lol

wendyomgwar

I couldn't do this when the holiday sets start rolling out, that would just be a day by day lie, seriously they have the best promo codes during the holidays too! They're just out to get me!

poshified

Tarte has some of the best holiday sets! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 655 replies
  • 1146 hearts
  • 57 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • prosopon
    • khgal