poshified

No Buy July!

Having gone through my makeup collection extensively the past week, I've decided to go on a 'No Buy July' challenge (which includes not buying necessities such as makeup remover and brush cleansers, since I have loads of deluxe samples to go through.) As an avid supporter of both Sephora stores and Sephora.com, this might be difficult, but I'm still determined :smileyhappy:.

My goal is to make it through the entire month of July without any purchases, and if possible, until my birthday in August.

If any of you beautyholics are also planning on a No Buy July, please comment below (and help each other through the next month-ish! :smileyvery-happy:)

poshified

Re: No Buy July!

Personally, for the month of July, the only beauty items I'll be getting will be one of the Sephora perks or if I'm exchanging something (e.g. one item for only one other item of equal value or less), since those wouldn't technically count as purchases. I do have a few gift cards, but I'm still holding off on even using it just to see if I have the willpower to not add more makeup to my collection.

I think I have enough makeup remover and spot treatments to get me through July. Once July is over, I'm placing myself on a Project 10 Pan, where I can only purchase one color beauty item for every ten items finished. I'm one of those people who's guilty of always getting the next best new shiny release; it's becoming too vicious of a cycle. This way, it'll allow me to fall back in love with the products that used to be my favorites. I'm curious to see how y'all are approaching this too!

drrragon

I fell off the wagon and bought a $4.50 OPI nail polish!  Booohooo I knew I shoulda stayed out of that Sephora store.  I grabbed it up because my local Sephora was totally out of stock of that particular shade, and I was afraid it would be my only chance.  :smileysad:

I love it though and will be using it very frequently until it's gone!

Whew....I felt I had to confess!  Back on the wagon now.....

poshified

Haha, I've been in that situation before!

poshified

Another day down! Also, anyone find it weird I'm hoarding empties?! haha #firstworldissues

prosopon

Well, if you are weird, then at least you are not alone!  I am proud to be a fellow weirdo!

AND, yay for another day down!

wendyomgwar

Hahaha, I always try to keep mine but I end up getting frustrated that I have them lying around, I want them gone if I've use them that space can be used for all my other products :smileytongue:

brittieeee

Hey, Big question girls!  If you use a gift card or store credit and no cash of your own is added is this still considered a "no buy?"  Serious question, not trying to cheat or find a" get around."  Thanks!!

prosopon

I agree with wendyomgwar.  It is your no-buy, you get to set the rules.  So you got to ask yourself, what does this no-buy mean to you?

wendyomgwar

It honestly based on what you think, for me no buy means just that absolutely no buying, whether it be through my own cash gift cards etc, but if for you no buy means that you're not using your own money then no harm no fowl! 

poshified

I wouldn't count it, since you were gifted the money :smileyhappy:

LCResz

Truly, Hautelook is my undoing. Between Stila and Pixi/Pop I've picked up a few things this month, and it's only the 7th of the month... maybe August?

Revivi

I was on a no buy and then HauteLook had that Stila sale and I couldn't resist. :c I have no self control. 

khgal

I only buy from Sephora twice a year, I am more into skin care than into color cosmetics. I have enough now to last until December or January. Keeping my eye out for deals then.

poshified

(0) Hearts

The fact you can limit your purchases to twice a year is impressive! :smileyhappy: I always take a detour to my Sephora store when I'm at the mall.

dolceloure

I've tried one of the lipsticks so far and the quality is pretty good, and it lasted for hours! No regrets here. :smileytongue:

colorobsession

I made a few purchases at the end of June/beginning of July because of all the birthday coupons/gift cards I received, but now that said birthday has come and gone I'm cutting myself off. I've got more than enough makeup/clothes/shoes/purses to last me until the fall, so I'm going to try to be good on all frivolous purchases. I've got $10 in Kohl's cash to spend, and once that's used I'm done. I subscribe to Birchbox and Ipsy, and I think the two of them are enough to keep my beauty product curiosity at bay. 

wendyomgwar

I have BB and Ipsy too! I don't count those in my No Buy July though, mainly cause I'm subscribed yearly so I don't pay for them this month, is that cheating? lol

poshified

(0) Hearts

Haha, I forgot to factor in subscription services into No Buy July! In your case, I wouldn't call it cheating, but thank you for reminding me to skip my box this month! :smileyhappy:

colorobsession

Since there are waitlists for both I'm afraid to cancel my subscription for a month, not knowing if it might be several before I can resubscribe. I guess I can budget in the $20 a month for something fun and that will keep my love of shopping at bay :-p

poshified

Happy belated birthday!! :smileyhappy:

colorobsession

(0) Hearts

Thank you!! :-)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 655 replies
  • 1146 hearts