poshified

No Buy July!

Having gone through my makeup collection extensively the past week, I've decided to go on a 'No Buy July' challenge (which includes not buying necessities such as makeup remover and brush cleansers, since I have loads of deluxe samples to go through.) As an avid supporter of both Sephora stores and Sephora.com, this might be difficult, but I'm still determined :smileyhappy:.

My goal is to make it through the entire month of July without any purchases, and if possible, until my birthday in August.

If any of you beautyholics are also planning on a No Buy July, please comment below (and help each other through the next month-ish! :smileyvery-happy:)

mafan

Re: No Buy July!

Well, I've been pretty good so far this month. I haven't bought anything at Sephora, anyway. I did end up getting a lip color at CVS, however. I was going out to dinner with my husband on the 3rd and I put on everything but lip color, my lips were feeling dry, and since I had my small purse I had nothing in it for them. 

I decided to try the Cover Girl stick that is like a Clinique chubby stick or Tarte Lipsurgence lip color. It's a bit brighter pink than I expected so I might exchange it. Then it will stay in my small bag so I'm not caught like this again. It's just too hot to simply leave something in the car. 

Other than that, I have been good. Hopefully that will continue for the rest of the month. 

starletta8

I'm not buying anything for two weeks- that should count for something, right?  I can buy something come next payday.  Of course, I have orders on the way.

starletta8

Hmmm... my impulse purchase at Ulta yesterday isn't turning out so well... part of the reason why I need to keep watching my purchases.

poshified

(0) Hearts

I'm about to toss out my $3.50 off $10 coupon I received in the mail haha!

drrragon

[ Edited ]

Ok I thought we should inaugurate this thread with two of my favorite images ever that beautytester has posted in BT (and she's posted a lot!)

(melodramatic squirrel) Just say NOOOOOOOO!  to buying in July!

squirrel.jpeg"Noooooooooo!  I cannot buyyyyyyyyyyy! Not in Julyyyyyyyyyy!"

And here's what to do when those inevitable buying urges occur:

lalalalala.jpeg

(ahem...many thanks to beautytester for her impeccable taste in quality photography.....)

wendyomgwar

HAHAHA OMG. I swear, these pictures need a warning attatched to them:

Warning use bathroom  before viewing.

poshified

(0) Hearts

Hahaha that totally made my morning!

starletta8

(0) Hearts

My buddy, overly dramatic squirrel!!!

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Haha, I feel like Im the online equivalent of a cat lady. The amount of lolanimal and heart related pic are prob more than the beauty related ones.....dont actually have pets, so gotta satisfy myself with pictures.

nataliedance

I work at Sephora so doing a no buy would be hard.  That would be like working in a bakery and being told you can't eat any cake!  Sooooo tempting...maybe I'll give this no buy thing a try....just not this month because yeaaaaaaahhh.....too late

mpolansky

Since I've joined in on the No Buy July, I have banned myself from buying makeup. But yesterday I saw the Muji drawers that have been sold out FOR-EV-ER (that all the beauty youtubers rave about) finally were restocked! So I allowed myself to buy some makeup organization. These drawers are perfect for my smaller items which are getting lost in the big storage containers I have now. 

Can you tell how excited I am about these? I think I'm just proud I've gone this long without buying makeup period. This was harder than I thought it would be! I'm an addict for sure.

poshified

The Mujis and Ikea Alex are definitely both on my wish list!

wendyomgwar

Aww man I'ev seen those drawers they look so pretty lol! Be strong we can do it we're almost a third of the way there!

mpolansky

(0) Hearts

Especially with deals... I am a SUCKER for a good deal. I need to stop getting sale emails from makeup companies!

mpolansky

I'm trying! Ah so many temptations it's starting to get really tough

wendyomgwar

Aww man do I know it lol, for me its not even the savings emails, its anyone that Sephora sends out hahaha

drrragon

anyone keeping track of their empties for July?

starletta8

I can one-up just July- I'm holding onto all of them for 2013 so I can see how much I literally use in a year to better adjust my spending.

prosopon

I am putting them on my dresser like trophies!  I am so lame.

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

Take a picture and let us know what you've used up already :smileyhappy:!

drrragon

hahaha that's not lame!  it's so satisfying to see the empty bottles piling up!

regarding empties though, mine are always haircare or body related (shampoo, lotion, etc).  I have never managed to actually finish an eyeshadow or blush!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 655 replies
  • 1146 hearts
  • 57 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • prosopon
    • khgal
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • mrsbridger