poshified

No Buy July!

Having gone through my makeup collection extensively the past week, I've decided to go on a 'No Buy July' challenge (which includes not buying necessities such as makeup remover and brush cleansers, since I have loads of deluxe samples to go through.) As an avid supporter of both Sephora stores and Sephora.com, this might be difficult, but I'm still determined :smileyhappy:.

My goal is to make it through the entire month of July without any purchases, and if possible, until my birthday in August.

If any of you beautyholics are also planning on a No Buy July, please comment below (and help each other through the next month-ish! :smileyvery-happy:)

prosopon

Re: No Buy July!

I did it!  Walked into Sephora, looked at stuff, made a few swatches, asked for the sample of the charcoal mask, and walked out without purchasing a thing!

Another successful day.  I would like to say that each day of no-buy makes it easier...but that would be a total lie!  Can't wait for this month to be over!

wendyomgwar

I'd have no will power, I would have cracked at the first sign of a pretty glossy box *sigh*

poshified

(0) Hearts

I nearly caved in to this gorgeous palette! But I usually wait for Sephora to have some sort of sale on their line, especially when it comes to palettes.

http://www.sephora.com/full-spectra-eyeshadow-palette-P379322

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

There is absolutely no way for me to justify more eyeshadows, none at all! Its a good thing recently I haven't been attracted to any palettes

poshified

I was in Sephora yesterday too and didn't purchase a single thing! I did, however, pick up a 100 pt perk of the YSL baby doll mascara. I almost felt bad for not buying anything. Almost :smileyvery-happy:

wendyomgwar

I've been wanting that perk! I didn't even know you could get a perk without buying something though. Nice to know!

poshified

(0) Hearts

The YSL baby doll is a good mascara; I think it's all due to the shape of the brush :smileyhappy:

drrragon

Woooooo!!  that is an impressive accomplishment!  I am trying to stay out of my local Sephora because I have so little self-control when I get to swatch things in person!

wendyomgwar

Story of my life! Lol and I always just want stuff it looks so pretty on the shelves... I want it in my bag so I can hold it too!

beautylovingirl

@proposon- Almost too pretty but not quite I think I can talk myself into using it just fine. LOL!

drrragon

It's early yet, but I think we can scratch Day 4 off the list!  

@proposon -- I've found it helps, when I really, REALLY see something that I want but absolutely do not need (like a new eyeshadow palette when I already have a lifetime supply), I add it to my wishlist for the winter Sephora F&F sale.  That way I can trick myself into thinking that I'll get it eventually, and it lets me feel less urgent about needing it right now.  What I discovered is that as more time passes, I want the thing less and less (for the most part! :smileyhappy:

wendyomgwar

I'm doing that as well! I tell myself it'll be cheaper then hahaha

prosopon

That's a great idea!  It is usually the impulse buys that get me anyway.

poshified

Yesss! 

You know how companies always get me? When they slap on the words 'Limited Edition.' hahaha

beautylovingirl

@poshified- Thanks for posting this Dior palette it's so pretty I haven't seen it but now I have to have it!:smileyhappy:

prosopon

It almost to pretty to use...almost(!)

poshified

No problem! I believe it's a Nordstrom exclusive at the moment :smileyhappy:

peacefulseraph

This month is my birthday, so I'm going to splurge and buy a nice makeup brush set... but then I'm going to cut myself off for several months afterward. I just looked at my points and I have over 700 which is kind of excessive for 1 fiscal year. The secret will be to avoid even window shopping as I walk past Sephora.

poshified

I swear the Sephora posters always call out to me whenever I walk past a store! lol. What brushes do you have in mind? I have the Bobbi Brown bronzer brush and the NARS Ita brush on my wish list.

wendyomgwar

This is sort of off topic but I'm having trouble replying to comments :smileysad: does anyone else have that problem?

poshified

(0) Hearts

I haven't had any issues. Maybe a glitch in the server?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 655 replies
  • 1146 hearts
  • 57 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • prosopon
    • khgal
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • mrsbridger