poshified

No Buy July!

Having gone through my makeup collection extensively the past week, I've decided to go on a 'No Buy July' challenge (which includes not buying necessities such as makeup remover and brush cleansers, since I have loads of deluxe samples to go through.) As an avid supporter of both Sephora stores and Sephora.com, this might be difficult, but I'm still determined :smileyhappy:.

My goal is to make it through the entire month of July without any purchases, and if possible, until my birthday in August.

If any of you beautyholics are also planning on a No Buy July, please comment below (and help each other through the next month-ish! :smileyvery-happy:)

poshified

Re: No Buy July!

(0) Hearts

I was looking at Best Things In Beauty blog and the roundup for this year's Nordstrom Anniversary sale... and nothing really stood out. Shocking, considering I went overboard last year! haha. What are you planning on getting at the Anniversary sale?

wendyomgwar

I think I might join in on this... but maybe allow myself to buy 5 things? I mean just depriving myself... I don't think I can do that!! But definitely no skin care or body stuff for me!!! I can't even fit it all in my medicine cabinet anymore, its piling underneath the sink and now its spilling out into my room just literally sitting in bags no more!

poshified

We all have our own weaknesses, lol. Palettes and eyeshadows are mine!

mkupgk

(0) Hearts

Me 2!

prosopon

I think as long as you set some parameters for youself and stay within those parameters, then you are looking good.  I think the whole idea is to set a goal.  Everyone's goal may be a little different.  For one person it may be a no-buy from sephora, for someone else it may be a no-buy from anywhere.  And eveyone sets a goal for different reasons.  So I say, go for it!

poshified

(0) Hearts

I couldn't have said it better!

lolo01

Lets not forget the Ariel Collection releases in stores this month girls!!! ♥

poshified

I'll be counting on you for a review of the palette! :smileyhappy: I can't pull off the blues on a day to day basis but it sure looks GORGEOUS!

lolo01

You got it honey :smileyhappy:

clarks18

Good luck ladies.  I'm not strong enough to complete this challenge.  My birthday is this month so I think a no-buy will be impossible.  Does using a gift card count?  Ha. 

carrierose

Using a gift card definitely doesn't count, it's not "your" money, it's a gift in monetary form!  It's not like you can go buy groceries with it instead.

poshified

(0) Hearts

Happy birthday to you! A no buy birthday month will definitely be difficult for just about anyone, lol.

LCResz

I was so going to join this challenge but HauteLook has Stila on sale today so I way fold on the first day of the month :smileysad: sigh, maybe August?

poshified

I had to resist the sale myself! Feel free to join the no buy party whenever! :smileyhappy:

prosopon

Alright! I did my last minute goodby buy (just for a couple things I wanted to experiment with) and I am ready to start tomorrow!  

Good luck ladies!

poshified

Woo! Happy 1st everyone! :smileyhappy:

mpolansky

Ah I did too. MAC and target were my weaknesses today. This is going to be tough but I need to do this!

poshified

(0) Hearts

Oooh was it from the Tropical Taboo collection?

mpolansky

Surprisingly no! I'm very new to MAC products so this past week I got some of the staples that everyone seems to love:
    Paint pot in Painterly
    Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle
    Pro longwear concealer
    Lipstick in Creme Cup
    Travel size of Fix+

I tried to get things that I know I would use (almost) every day! Those new displays are very tempting though...

poshified

Not enabling any purchases from MAC or anything, but Satin Taupe is a must in your collection, I think :smileyhappy:

mpolansky

(0) Hearts

Maybe an August purchase! Haha if you have any other MAC recommendations let me know... I'm a newbie!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 655 replies
  • 1146 hearts
  • 57 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • prosopon
    • khgal
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • mrsbridger