poshified

No Buy July!

Having gone through my makeup collection extensively the past week, I've decided to go on a 'No Buy July' challenge (which includes not buying necessities such as makeup remover and brush cleansers, since I have loads of deluxe samples to go through.) As an avid supporter of both Sephora stores and Sephora.com, this might be difficult, but I'm still determined :smileyhappy:.

My goal is to make it through the entire month of July without any purchases, and if possible, until my birthday in August.

If any of you beautyholics are also planning on a No Buy July, please comment below (and help each other through the next month-ish! :smileyvery-happy:)

dolceloure

Re: No Buy July!

I'm definitely in the same boat -- waiting til my birthday in August as well!! My main motivation for not spending though is that I'm just really broke and am moving right after my b-day, lol. Good luck to you, poshified!

poshified

(0) Hearts

Hooray for August babies! :smileyhappy: Moving is definitely another reason for saving money. Good luck to you as well!

serioustree

Omg good luck! Please update us with your empties or hitting pan if you have any! ;D

poshified

(0) Hearts

I sure will! If I make it through the month without buying, I might continue on the rest of the year with Project 10 Pan :smileyhappy:

prosopon

I am going to get a little product fix this week.  I wanted to try the origins charcoal mask for awhile now, this is a great month to be getting a sample to try out to see if it works with my skin!

poshified

Let me know how it works! :smileyhappy: I'm usually a bit skeptical about trying new masks so I'll be testing it out on a small spot on my face in case I break out from it.

miabt

I haven't participated in any of the "no buy" challenges & even if I wanted to this month, I totally failed today!  There's absolutely nothing that I need, but I cant walk by a Sephora without wandering in.  I picked up the Neon Lights OPI set, Sephora OPI Domestic Goddess (both 50% off, so I dont feel bad at all), a BeautyBlender & Sephora Brush Cleaner.  I also grabbed the KVD Lock It Foundation & Bronzer for my sisters wedding :smileyhappy: but since its not exactly for me (I'm building her a day of kit), I'm convinced it doesnt count.  Eek, I also picked up a new lipstick from a different store & a bottle of Fix+.  Yikes, that was more of a haul, wasnt is?!  Sigh... My name is Mia & I have an addiction to makeup!!

xo, Mia

poshified

I've tried a no buy in the past and have broken down with the limited edition items! lol. But having toss out a lot of half used makeup items due to changes in the scent or drying out of mascaras, I really need to be more strict on the spending this time around.

That said, I'm excited to try the new KVD powder foundation at some point :smileyhappy:. Also, the Sephora Brush cleaner is something I always need to have on hand!

drrragon

Yay, another 10 hours without buying anything beauty-related!  Day 3: done!  (it sorta hurts to think of how many days are left!)

prosopon

I know, I even started making a list of items I wanted to get after July was over, but then I realized I was making my situation worse.  Now I am focusing on what products I am using up and that makes me feel better about this no-buy.

poshified

[ Edited ]

swfupload_5566342746321271984.jpgThis might JUST be my very first purchase in August! :smileyvery-happy: *shakes fist at Dior*

(Photo courtesy of Best Things in Beauty.)

mkupgk

Beautiful palette <3

poshified

I'm right there with ya on counting down the days till August comes around! :smileyvery-happy:

drrragon

Scratch July 2 (and the first few hours of July 3) off the list!  Yay!  I take nothing for granted....it does not get easier with time for me so I never know what day I might be tempted by a sale item or flash sale.  So far so good.....

poshified

We. Can. Get. Through. This. :smileyhappy: I've definitely been browsing fall collections and sale items, esp the sales section here. So far, nothing has been too tempting.

drrragon

Day 1: Success!  I did not buy any makeup today, lol.

prosopon

30 more days to go!  We can do it!

poshified

Great job, ladies!! :smileyhappy:

CzaCee

I can't do it. Because of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. lol.

Come August, I also won't be able to do a no-buy since I'm planning to spend the needed amount for me to be a VIB. lol.

Maybe September? haha. :smileyhappy:

violalea

Sept: you might have friend's bday

Oct: Halloween make-up and more lotion

Nov: black Friday deal, early Xmas shopping

Dec: Xmas shopping

Its all good. There are always reasons to shop, especially at Sephora :smileywink:

poshified

(0) Hearts

Not to mention two Sephora Friends and Family (one given to employees' f&f and the other one for Beauty Insiders) offers thrown in those months! haha

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 655 replies
  • 1146 hearts
  • 57 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • prosopon
    • khgal
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • mrsbridger