berniebeauty

Neglected brands

Whenever I use the CHOOSE BRAND scrolldown list, I see tons of brands no one on BT ever mentions! Obviously people are buying them or sephora wouldnt have them.

Sooo.. I want to know, what is everyones favorite Neglected brand?:smileyfrustrated:

Absolutly no Nars, Urban Decay, Dior, etc, I wont have it:smileylol:. This is a thread for those never mentioned brands.

Brands like Supergoop, 21 drops,  T3, zirh and others.

My personal neglected favorite would be Soap and Glory. I've never once seen a post about it, but it has fabulous products, like Hand Food.

I can't wait to here everone's answers!:smileyhappy:

~~We are all beautiful~~

msshopaholic087

Re: Neglected brands

(0) Hearts

LaVanilla I think is a neglected brand but it's actually really great and all natural.

my fav. is the pure vanilla (cause it's so darn yummy!!!)

and my significant other loves when I wear the Vanilla Passion fruit

must be because of the aphroadisiacs *wink, wink*

projill

Great topic!

There are so many brands and I totally agree that some are not talked about enough.  For example, I purchased some products from Rexaline when they went on sale (because Sephora was no longer going to carry the brand) and I love them- I was so sad I hadn't tried them before, and even more sad that I didn't stock up when they went on super clearance.

Some of the brands that don't get mentioned much that have amazing products are:

Dr. Sadick- small sku list but all are fabulous and effective.  My skin looks amazing with the help of Dr. Sadick's products.

Hourglass- although I feel I do talk about Hourglass a lot because I love all of their products.  Has anyone tried Solar Tan Primer?  It is my go-to summer primer before a vacation because it tans your face to the most amazing color and I don't have to wear foundation on vacation but my skin still looks great.

Sephora Collection- these products are amazing and the price is unbeatable.  Most of the collection has been re-vamped over the past few years and I honestly think many of the products perform better than other higher priced items.

Pacifica- If you haven't smelled Tuscan Blood Orange you are missing out.  Great gift items too.

There are tons of others too, but these lines are full of amazing-ness and deserve some kudos.

What are some specific products that you feel need more love??

xoxo

Jill

geminibreeze

I have to agree with ProJill with the Dr. Sadick brand. I have been using there night cream (and as my day time morning moistuizer) and have noticed a dramatic difference in the pink  flush on my cheeks. I'm considering getting the starter kit of all three products once I finish up the cream and some other stuff.

I also have to agree with Kimmie. Kat Von D stuff is AMAZING. I love her eyeshadows palettes, her tattoo concelor pencil is an AMAZING lower waterline eye brightner (as well as great at dulling tattoos) used with her tattoo conealor it is GREAT at covering not only tatts but hickeys! (lol they happen every now and then), and her liners are awesome.

Also speaking of eyeliners, I really have to say Hello Kitty liners. I haven't heard much about the line aside from the "cute" factor, but I was in a dire search for a liner pen that was in green. I bought one from this line, and it really lasts, to the point of being difficult to remove! lol I had wore it, really scrubbed but was tired, and got sick the next day. When I woke the third day, that stuff was still partially on. I intend on getting more colors in it.

I also would like to "shout out" The Balm cosmetics. They make great little palettes of eyeshadows and blushes. Only thing I don't like from them is the make up remover, but everything else is pretty awesome!

tiffanybt

@berniebeauty - Thanks for starting this thread! I'm excited to read everyone's responses as well.

@ssmittys - I totally agree with you on the Jack Black brand. When I started working for Sephora I was on the hunt for something to easily heal cuts and also acne scars and found their Mr. Fix It Antimicrobial Wound Rescue to be an instant fave. Also, the lip balm is fantastic for dry lips, not to mention it has an SPF25.

@missdiorcherie - I recently discovered Soap & Glory and fell in love with their famed Sexy Mother Pucker XL Extreme-Plump Collagen Lip Shine

I'm totally with Diana on Diamancel! I have their Diamond File for Foot Calluses and my feet have never felt so smooth. If you haven't already, I highly recommend it. :smileyhappy:

@ Jill - Givenchy is definitely a brand for brightening. My go to instant highlighter is their Mister Bright Touch of Light Pen. I apply that anywhere the sun hits and my complexion is left radiant throughout the day!

@geminibreeze - I love the Balm's Balms Away. It's a great makeup remover to travel because you're limited to the amount of liquids you bring and it also helps hydrate and nourish your skin at the same time.

The other brand that goes unmentioned is Guerlain. I absolutely love any bronzer or self-tanner (although I don't need it) they make. The quality and texture of their products are amazing!

I hope you all had a great New Year!

Cheers,

Tiffany

projill

I forgot to mention Givenchy.... Mr. Lights under eye concealer/brightener is so amazing and I rarely hear it being mentioned.  I know the line is not found in every store, so that may be the reason but seriously check out some of their products if you have a chance.  I also love the Photo Perfection Foundation and the Prism Powders.

xoxo

Jill

ssmittys

projill wrote:

I forgot to mention Givenchy.... Mr. Lights under eye concealer/brightener is so amazing and I rarely hear it being mentioned.  I know the line is not found in every store, so that may be the reason but seriously check out some of their products if you have a chance.  I also love the Photo Perfection Foundation and the Prism Powders.

xoxo

Jill

I feel like Givenchy as a whole is an amazing brand that doesn't get enough credit. It is SO beautiful and luxurious. Sure the price point is up there with NARS, Dior, YSL and Guerlain, but it's a wonderful line!

prettyinpa

I really like Hourglass Mineral Veil primer, Bremenn Research Lab Upper Eye Lid Lifter and Ole Hendricksen skincare. These overlooked products I think are what make makeup and skincare fun, there's always the search for something new and exciting.

dianabt

This is a very interesting topic,

I'd have to say Anthony Logistics (you'd  be AMAZED at how many women would actually love this line for themselves) and Sultra. As well as Diamancel files (which are AMAZING!) and of course, Hourglass. :smileyhappy: As for a brand not carried by Sephora? NYX is pretty darn good, and another random drugstore brand called Milani which has super pigmented nail polishes. 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
ssmittys

NYX has a lot of dupes for MAC eyeshadows too, and $5 a shadow is much better than $14.50 an eyeshadow in my book :smileyhappy:

jxw200

[ Edited ]

i'm just getting into hourglass, but i like it so far! the mineral veil primer wasn't great with my guerlain foundation though, so i was bummed about that! Also love supergoop & jack black & art of shaving for the bf.

ole henricksen red tea smells delish (love the sugar glow scrub) and i love first aid beauty ultra repair cream... and fresh sugar lemon bath gel just is so comforting/luxurious to me.

janinebt

Some of my personal favorite overlooked brands include Anastasia (amazing brow products), Soap & Glory, Hourglass (their facial primer is phenomenal), and Kate Somerville. I love, love, love trying out new products that we come out with there are definitely a lot of overlooked products out there. It's always exciting to discover something new and fantastic that we carry :smileyhappy:

Whimsically yours,
Janine
kimmi1115

This brand has been discussed some on the forum, mainly through suggestions, but no where near as much as UD, NARS, MUFE, etc.  I love Kat Von D products!!  I think her items are sometimes overlooked, at least at my nearby Sephora in JCP.  They were quick to put some items on sale that aren't on sale online.  I guess they're not as popular as others. 

KVD eyeshadows are so smooth and blendable.  They are pigmented, but not as strong as UD's, but that can be a good thing.  It's not so "in your face."   I love the lipsticks as well.  Through the miniset, I found my perfect red and a dupe for the limited edition shade of pink lipstick I got last summer at Victoria's Secret.  I've heard great things about her eyeshadow primer and mist, but I've not tried them. 

sephoramusthave

TheBalm! I own SO much from this company! The quality of their makeup is superb and they cost half as much or less than any other brand. A lot of other brands (like Clinique, Hello Kitty, Toki Doki etc) have a good price point, but the quality is drugstore...or worse. 

dianabt

@Sephoramusthave, YES I entirely agree with you! TheBalm is one of my favorite lines. I have never found a concealer as smoothing and COVERING as theirs. I do love their highlight powder, blotting sheets and I was a HUGE fan of the scented lipglosses. In fact I found a few in my train case that were still new! A  Stainiac that smelled like cherries, a chococolate coconut gloss and a strawberry lemonade scented gloss. Love this line! :smileyhappy:

Mary-Lou Manizer 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]

Diana--

Hehe! I have every single one of those products that you posted in pictures! I have the concealer in light, the loumanizer and the balmshelter lipgloss in pin up girl. I think I have almost all the makeup that TheBalm offers. Sephora doesnt carry very much of their stuff though, they have so many more kits, palettes and skincare items! The only Sephora around me that always carried TheBalm discontinued the brand...>_<. Right now the only place I can find them at is TJ Maxx.

makeuppiggy

I love T3 because they make the best blow dryers. I'm also obsessed with Bumble and Bumble.I'm not sure this is a negletced brand but i don't hear people talk about it much. :smileyhappy:  

katie1724

For hair, I love Sachajuan -- it's been a favorite for a while and I always buy it at my salon. I didn't even know that Sephora carried it until recently! I also love Hourglass :smileyvery-happy:

ssmittys

@katie1724 Hooray, another Hourglass fan! :smileyvery-happy:

rutile

Hi Berniebeauty,

I have not seen anyone mention this brand, so I will say Pacifica. It smells amazing and it appeals to my inner beach bum. I love the flower scents, the coconut scent, and the island vanilla. You really can't go wrong with any of the scents.

Take care :smileyhappy:

-Rutile

ssmittys

Oh Oh!!! I am also a HUGE fan of Jack Black's Beard Lube!!!! A little bit goes a long way, and although it's meant for a mans scruffy face, this makes shaving my legs such a positive experience!! :smileyvery-happy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 87 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • ssmittys
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • jxw200
    • tiffanybt