lovelykatya

Most used products and the ones we always repurchase!

I am sure we all have some products that we use the most and then we "run" to Sephora (or other stores) to repurchase and stock up on it, with a thought - "Just in case or I am about to finish up my other one, so I might as well pick up a back up now... etc" .

What are your most used products, the ones you know you'll go and repurchase no matter what?

Mine are:

- Anastasia Brow Wiz -  ohh boy - this is one of my little fave things that I use the most and I buy few of them a year, just because I use it so often.

- Nars Creamy Consealer - does its job, so smooth and gives me the coverage I need!

- When Travelmate face masque <3 - so amazing, portable, and  travel safe/mess free!!

suxx2bu

Re: Most used products and the ones we always repurchase!

Whenever I try to venture out, my skin hates it and I break out in those tiny bumps all over my face. So, when I find something that works, I tend to stick to it.

-Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2 and 3. I alternate depending on the season. I've been using this for over 20 years and I love it! It also helps after I pluck my eyebrows to clean to pores, avoiding breakouts the next day.

-Too Faced Eye Primer. This is the best one I've ever tried and it really makes a big difference on my eye makeup.

-Fairy Drops Waterproof Mascara. Best.Ever. It is hard to find now, but I finally found some and stocked up to last me a few years. It doesn't smudge, melt, or transfer! It stays put all day long and comes off very easily with makeup remover. I love the way it plumps up my lashes to give me that 'Dolly' look.

-Living Proof Flexible Hairspray. I live in a very humid weather and this helps tame my hair. I have thick and coarse hair and this is the only one that has worked for me.

Lastly, Dial Gold Bar. I love, love, love this soap. I just don't feel clean if I don't use it. It's the only bar soap I use.

bunnymasseuse

(0) Hearts

-Fairy Drops Waterproof Mascara. Best.Ever. It is hard to find now, but I finally found some and stocked up to last me a few years. It doesn't smudge, melt, or transfer! It stays put all day long and comes off very easily with makeup remover. I love the way it plumps up my lashes to give me that 'Dolly' look.

^^^

agree, miss that I did not stock up but it was my fav.

Joannimation

Oooo I didn't know the Fairy Drops was waterproof! I can only use waterproof otherwise my lashes don't stay curled. I love the UD Cannonball and recently got the Majolica Majorca Edgemeister, which is super waterproof! Now I'll have to add fairy Drops to my list :smileyhappy:

suxx2bu

yes, the red tube was waterproof. sephora used to sell them and even came in one of their lash stash favorites. i actually found them in hong kong at a store called sasa. the waterproof version comes in a metallic pink tube and a purple tube. i've only tried the pink tube so far and it seems to be the same formula as the red tube sephora sold. im really not sure if the tubes differ in color from the US and asia versions, though. i also purchased scandal queen which comes in a gold tube, but it doesn't state as waterproof.

maybe try sasa online. i havent been able to find them anywhere else. good luck!

lylysa

Scandal Queen (red/gold tube) is water resistant, the actual waterproof one is the metallic pink (spot on, Suxx2bu). The red/gold tube is actually quite effective, I wear contacts and live in a super humid place and it's hands down my favorite. I was sad when Sephora stopped carrying it, and right when I got two cousins of mine hooked on it too!

suxx2bu

(0) Hearts

thanks for the info, lylysa.  it's def the best mascara i've worn!

miabt

This entire thread is amazing!  I have such a hard time finding favorites, so its great to see what everyone elses HGs are!  I do have a couple tried & trues:

NARS Laguna Bronzer

SHISEIDO Perfect Hydrating BB Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 35 Sunscreen

BUMBLE AND BUMBLE Brilliantine

YVES SAINT LAURENT ROUGE PUR COUTURE Vernis À Lèvres Glossy Stain

MURAD Post-Acne Spot Lightening Gel

xo, Mia

beauty4ashes

LANCÔME BI-FACIL - Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover

I only listed one product because I've been using & repurchasing for probably over 20 years.

Actually, it may be 30 years, I can't remember the exact time frame.

ballerinagrl

(0) Hearts

I totally forgot to include this! It has to be my HG as I've used nothing else in 20 years, but I do actually have great difficulties with it leaking when traveling. I have to do 4 long haul and around 6 short haul flights every month. I can't fit it in my hand luggage, so it always goes in the hold and it always leaks terribly. Does anyone have any ideas how I could prevent this occurring? It means I wind up losing half a bottle a month.I have recently  been considering trying a different brand for traveling, but I'm afraid they won't meet up with Bi-Facil standards ...

beauty4ashes

(0) Hearts

@ballerinagrl

LANCÔME BI-FACIL - Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover leaking.

Shake the bottle like a crazy person where all you see is bubbles.

Transfer very quickly in a container ( something like those travel size approved containers/mini's)

If you want, use two travel size mini's if you need to carry more product.

Have the container ready with a mini funnel set up as you're shaking the bottle.

The opening isn't a problem since i use cotton balls and Q-tips.

ballerinagrl

(0) Hearts

Transferring it into a sealable bottle is a great idea - thanks!

notcreative

I forgot to list this, but it is definitely my HG.  I fell in love with it 17 years ago, and used it solidly for about a year.  Then, I took a 15 year break from makeup, but I have returned to this product.  I have samples of similar products, but I still reach for BiFacial when I run out.  Hopefully, I can finally use up my other samples at some point.  This stuff is just too good.

blackunicorn

(0) Hearts

Fun thread! Here's what works for me:

- Ben Nye Liquid Seal

- Benefit Rockateur (Did not finish my first one, but this is my favorite blush and I will definitely repurchase it over and over)

- Korres Sleep Facial (I alternate between the 2)

- Bioderma Micelle Solution

- Stila Stay All Day waterproof eyeliner in black

- Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie in Rebel

- Bite lipstick in Violet

- Too Faced lip pencils in Perfect Nude & Perfect Spice

- UD Primer potion

Mascaras, there are so many options on the market, I'm not super loyal as I love to try them all. The only one I'm tempted to stick with is Better than sex.

Unfortunately, I haven't found my perfect foundation yet. It's about time that I go and get the color IQ done!

I'm not super loya

NicoleFrat

(0) Hearts

I agree about Benefit Rockatuer. I never see anyone mention it on BT and I think it's severely underrated. I haven't hit pan yet but will replace whenever I do. 

CuriousCannibal

Oh, I agree on rockatuer too! It's definitely one of my favorite blushes. I remember wearing it for a month straight when I first got it :smileyhappy:

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

haha, that's been going in and out of my cart all week.  I think I just just got sold! 

lovelykatya

(0) Hearts

omg- bite beauty lipstick in violet is one of my favorites too!!!!  its sooo amazing!

infinitise

Its pretty rare for me to stay loyal to a product, but 

skincare wise, 

• Thayers witch hazel, alcohol free toner. 
    - there is nothing like this. probably the only toner that doesn't flare up my skin and keep my breakouts somewhat at bay. sometimes I even get blank sheet mask, wet this and put in the fridge for 12 hours. 
  • Josie maran argan oil light 
    - I hate that an oil has to cost $50 +, but I love this one and can't let go of it.. nothing else gives me that glow and moisturized skin in the morning 
  • Biotherma cleansing water 
    - my mom uses this too so I always keep a stash and bring it when I go home because its more readily available in Canada. 
    - good price, removes my makeup very well. I have travel sized Caudalie cleansing water that I received with purchase of my serum, but that one doesn't do half the job. 
  • Galactomyces 100% by purebess or ampoule with Galactomyces as main ingredient by beauty recipe. 
    - I can't live without this product. skin care products just don't absorb the same without it.. I don't mind paying $7~12 for shipping because its that worth it 
  • Body shop's hand butter 
    - I love this. I have ashy torn apart hands because I have dry skin to begin with but Calgary is ridiculously dry especially in the winter plus heaters. 
    - I put this on in combination with maunka honey vaseline at night and my hands are instantly smooth in the morning. without it, my hands bleed, flakes off, etc. 
  • Almay glister toothpaste 
    - its abit expensive for toothpastes, but this is the only one I'd use. I hate those toothpastes that doesn't "lather up" and make my teeth feel fresh. 

Makeup wise, 

1. Espoir nude cushion foundation 
    - there is nothing like this. I don't use the pump it comes with because that one breaks me out, but with a beauty blender, my skin looks flawless, glowy and moisturized. 
    - no exaggeration of pores, the right color for my skin, isn't too sticky like most other cushion foundations 
  2. Benefit hoola bronzer 
    - I'ved tried bobbi brown, toofaced and givenchy. I didn't like any of them for different reasons. but this one has perfect color, lasts a good amount of time and isn't overly powdery like the toofaced one. 
  3. Clinique mascaras 
    - I have been using Hourglass for a long time, but mascaras don't last very long and I can't justify having to spend $30~40 on mascara so often
  4. Giorgio Armani sheer lipsticks 
    - a bit costly for a lipstick, but this is the best lipstick in the world. pigmented like no other, looks natural yet lively and just pretty. its a mix of lipstick and tint. very moisturizing, and long lasting. adheres to the lips like no other. 

Other things I always switch off even before finishing them.. because I get sick of something quite easily. 

but I'm planning on repurchasing Marc Jacobs full coverage concealer, Makeup forever HD powder, UD naked skin foundation

meagboho

(0) Hearts

I can't attest to matching quality yet, but I found fair trade organic argan oil, 4oz for $20 on amazon that I am going to try.  If you want I can let you know.

infinitise

(0) Hearts

That would be great! 

plus its Organic. please do let me know :smileyhappy: 

lovelykatya

I know what you mean about Oils costing so much!!! I really enjoy JM Argan oil also, but i do not use it every day so  it lasts me a while. Plus i buy the .5 ml bottle only . 1 - its cheaper 2. it is so portable. 3. it lasts a while for me :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 110 replies
  • 89 hearts
  • 45 in conversation
    • killahbabe
    • cherrybombtastic
    • lovelykatya
    • eboneezer
    • lylysa
    • dolceloure