lovelykatya

Most used products and the ones we always repurchase!

I am sure we all have some products that we use the most and then we "run" to Sephora (or other stores) to repurchase and stock up on it, with a thought - "Just in case or I am about to finish up my other one, so I might as well pick up a back up now... etc" .

What are your most used products, the ones you know you'll go and repurchase no matter what?

Mine are:

- Anastasia Brow Wiz -  ohh boy - this is one of my little fave things that I use the most and I buy few of them a year, just because I use it so often.

- Nars Creamy Consealer - does its job, so smooth and gives me the coverage I need!

- When Travelmate face masque <3 - so amazing, portable, and  travel safe/mess free!!

mrsbaine

Re: Most used products and the ones we always repurchase!

For me, it's Beauty blender solid cleaner. I use it daily for the beauty blender and any brush that touches a cream or liquid product, and weekly for my other brushes. Also Lancôme Hypnose dlol lashes. I also gave a ton of GWP and samples. This one is my HG and nothing works as well for me. :smileyhappy: 

for skincare it's the Algenist Firming and Lifting serum. it's pricey but super effective. 

notcreative

[ Edited ]

In a month, I bet you'll be adding Genefique to this list.  It is an activating serum, so you can use it in combination with the Algenist one.  I always use two serums every time I wash my face.  More than two is silly, but when you have one that is an activating serum, it only improves other products.

I hope you like it.  Oh, by the way, that is the one I ended up sending you.

mrsbaine

Oh boy! I can't wait to try it! Adding to my expensive skincare routine! True Rouge style! :smileywink: 

notcreative

Lancome is one of the biggest reasons I am not Rouge.  If I purchased from Sephora, I would not have all these awesome samples.  I wish Sephora and Ulta had real Lancome GWPs.  Everyone else does, so they really get the shaft.  Of my over 30 Lancome purchases in the past 14 months, zero came from Sephora.  Lancome direct and Macy's got the most love.

notcreative

[ Edited ]

I just checked into the site of my first beauty love and saw this.  Frankly, I am thrilled.  She is the most stylish person in Hollywood right now.

Screen Shot 2014-07-06 at 12.06.12 AM.png

*No worries.  I am not shopping!

chrimmie12

@notcreative, how do you like the new Genefique?  I use and LOVE the old genefique.  I hoarded a crap ton of them before they reformulated, and now I am down to the last drops of my last bottle.  I am debating whether or not to get the new formula.  I've tried samples, and it does not feel the same.  I'd love your thoughts/opinions, if you have tried the old version.   :smileyhappy:

lovelykatya

I have been using Genefique for over 3 (i think) years now and i liked the old formula, i did not even realized they changed something, until i bought the new one and packaging has changed (the dropper wise). So far because i can't really compare old to new i have to say they are pretty similar - in terms of the results i get. My skin feels much smoother as usual, but i notice that i have to use the serum more often (ex: every day vs. every other day) in order to see the results faster. But over all i am a fan of this baby!

chrimmie12

Thank you, @lovelykatya!  This is good to know.  I will repurchase when I run out. I love, love, love how it makes my skin feel so soft.  Thanks, again!

lovelykatya

(0) Hearts

you are very welcome, i hope you'll still enjoy it as much!

notcreative

[ Edited ]

No, Unfortunately, I have never tried the old formula.  I only started using Lancome again in April 2013.  If the old formula was that much better than the new one though, it must have been amazing.  I went to the Lancome site to see what month the new formula came out and found they are using my quote on the advertisement for the page.  I never knew that before, so this is me bragging.  My screen name is different, but I rarely use the same screen name in multiple places.  That is me on the bottom left.

Screen Shot 2014-07-04 at 2.48.52 PM.png

Prior to April of 2013, I had been experimenting with a bunch of brands in my quest for better skin.  This is the line I used just before, and I still have two stragglers I am trying to use up.  The bottle design keeps air out, so I am assuming they are both still good.  This is a natural line, but it does not moisturize my skin enough.  

Rhonda Allison.jpg

chrimmie12

@notcreative, lol about the bragging.  Very succinct.  

lovelykatya

The solid cleanser is awesome, it cleans the brushes so well, and quick!! Love it.

I found that i personally like the regular Hypnose mascara better, then the Doll lashes, i think it was because of the brush. 

mrsbaine

(0) Hearts

I've heard a lot of people say that about Hypnose. It can give some people raccoon eyes. it's a big brush. 

lovelykatya

(0) Hearts

yeahh i found the brush was too big on the Lancome Doll lashes and it did not give enough volume/length my lashes and it was weird to apply. so it was a fail for me.  

RandeeBT

What a fun topic, lovelykatya! I love Anastasia's Brow Wiz and the NARS Creamy Concealer!

My most re-purchased items are the following:

- Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Bronzer 

- Anastasia's Brow Powder Duo 

- Dior's Hydra Life Pro-Youth Sorbet Crème

I have other must have products but these are the products that I have re-purchased at least 3 times :smileyhappy:

Best,
Randee
notcreative

(0) Hearts

I love Hoola too.  That Hydra Life gives me a huge rash.  So many products that work wonderfully for everyone else hate me.

lovelykatya

(0) Hearts

I find that I use the most Anastasia Brow Wiz pencil, and even though i have the powder duo - it feels like i can never finish it (hint: it is still in the old silver packaging), but i got to the bottom of it already , so hopefully it will be soon lol

armybeauty

- Bliss High Intensity Hand Cream - a must have for my dry hands. I have one on my vanity, one in my purse and one on my desk at work. Best unscented hand cream ever.

- Boscia Luminizing Black Mask - I use this on my T-zone on a regular basis, and all over my face one or twice a month for a complete skin resurface. It pulls out EVERYTHING. 

- Boscia Pore Purifying Black Strips - these strips pull out all my stubborn blackheads and gunk from my nose without fail. My hubby has even started using them. I thought my strips looked like a little forest of gunk after I removed them, but his looked like a redwood forest! Best deep clean ever.

- Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser - extremely effective, but doesn't dry out my skin. Love it.

- Exfolikate Intesive Exfoliating Treatment - worth the money. I use this twice a week.

- Ole Henriksen Nurture Me moisturizer - hands down my favorite moisturizer ever. I've repurchased this twice, and I use it twice a day. It leaves my skin feeling plump and moisturized but not greasy, and the scent is awesome. It smells like creamsicle!

- GLAMGLOW Brightmud Eye Mask - effective brightener and depuffer for the days when I haven't been sleeping or am majorly stressed or ate something I shouldn't have. I only need to use one pod for both eyes, so a pack lasts me a while. 

- GLAMGLOW Powermud Dualcleanse Treatment - hands down my favorite mud mask EVER. I use this twice a week religiously, and I love how even and brightened my complexion is after a treatment. My face feels so clean and soft too. Will be repurchasing like crazy!

- Becca Radiant Skin Satin Finish foundation - my best color match, ever. I love the sheer to medium buildable coverage and the light feel of this foundation, and the naturak-looking satin finish. My HG foundation.

- Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden - my favorite primer ever. I have never experienced any creasing with this PP, and my shadows are even more intense, if that's possible with UD shadows...which I'm also addicted to. UD has the best eyeshadows... Creamy, super pigmented and wear well, with or without the PP.

- Hourglass Extreme Sheen High Shine Lip Gloss in Fortune - a peachy pink with a golden sheen that goes with any makeup look and flatters everyone. The coverage is great, good pigmentation (not too sheer, not too over the top), and it wears extremely well, too, and doesn't dry out my lips at all as it wears down through the day. My HG lip gloss. 

- Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in Dark Brunette - I only need to fill in a couple light spots in my brow and this does the trick without being over the top and looking fake. It also doesn't move throughout the day.

- Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray - recently discovered this, do not know how I lived without it.

wow. That list ended up way longer than I thought it was going to be! 

RandeeBT

(0) Hearts

I love Boscia's Detoxifying Black Cleanser too! It is one of the only cleansers I have used that effectively treats breakouts but doesn't leave my skin super dry! I love the Bliss High Intensity Hand Cream too. It's a great hand cream! :heart:

Best,
Randee
ballerinagrl

(0) Hearts

This list has changed so much for me over the past 25 years, but now at 43, mine are:-

- La Prairie White caviar Luxe Eye Cream - bye bye deep dark under-eye caves!

- Loreal liquid eyeliner - Been using for 25 years or more now!
- La Prairie Platinum Rare Serum - life changing (seriously)
- Laura Mercier Primer (s) - I like oil free for T-zone and regular or luminous everywhere else
- Dior Show mascara - been using forever, as am useless at applying mascara and this makes it easy - loving the 'It' version now, as is even easier
- Tom Ford Lipsticks in Casablanca and Crimson Noir - crazily pigmented and last for hours

On the advice of Beauty Insiders, I've recently started the Dr. Dennis Gross 1 month peel (I'm 3 days in only), and already my skin is glowing 24-7, so I'm certain to repurchase this often!

notcreative

(0) Hearts

Anastasia Beverly Hills clear brow gel (best ever).

Lancome Definicils Mascara (I cannot stop buying this even though I get a ton of samples in GWPs.  At least, I give a lot away or trade them before they go bad).

Lancome Genefique (activates anything I am using to make my skin look better.  I see a difference when I do not use it).

GlamGlow for eyes (hello bright eyes.  Bye bags and dark circles).

By Terry Baume de Rose (my lips love this stuff.  My wallet hates it).

Wen lavender shampoo (I have the worst hair.  Nothing will ever make it look nice, but this prevents me from looking like a hot mess all the time).

Lancome CILS booster (hello lashes).

Benefit That Gal Primer (I have tried a lot but nothing compares so far).

My list keeps changing but many of these keep appearing!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 154 replies
  • 130 hearts
  • 66 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • killahbabe
    • kasemarch
    • shyvicki
    • cherrybombtastic
    • lovelykatya