Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Most Underappreciated Products In Your Collection?

i know we do threads similar to this from time to time, but i figured starting a fresh one couldn't hurt !!

what are some of the most underappreciated products in your collection ? products that you know you like--or LOVE--but just don't think to reach for ? may this thread help us rediscover our much loved but rather neglected things !

• MAKE UP FOR EVER artist shadow 'I544 - pink granite'. i have this in my first "trio" of artist shadows i picked up when they first launched; but it was a replacement for a shadow that shattered. online it looks darker than i find it is in real life (though it can be built up to be darker, which is great). a pinky taupe with an iridescence that on my lid looks more like a satin. i tend to go for browns and warmer tones for everyday looks, and i forget this one exists...but as i reminded myself yesterday, this is a fantassssstic everyday color for cooler toned looks. i find the pink (rather than a purple/blue) undertone rather flattering on my skin, and doesn't make me look dead.
  • NARS audacious 'deborah' & BITE 'amuse bouche' whiskey. i love a dark brown lip on me. it's a great alternative to reds or purples, but i just never think about it. deb in particular is one of my very favorite lipsticks that i've only worn a couple of times. i'm gonna change this !

if and as i think of more i'll add more below 🙂

Re: Most Underappreciated Products In Your Collection?

Most of my makeup lately. Looong lately.

I'm quite inconsistent with how often I use eyeshadow. i either go for weeks without wearing any (or using random singles I have hear and there) or I want to wear it every single day! I've recently been wearing eyeshadow more often and I really like my Tartelette in Bloom Palette! I was quite nervous using some of the darker shades or all matte colors (I love my pop of shimmer!) but I've been able to create some beautiful looks with it. And it smells yummy! (: 

XOXO,
Marieke

this is a seriously hard question! I think it's certain foundations that I have a tendency to "save" for special occasions (for example, my Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Aqua foundation...it's so good omg).

also weirdly enough my lorac pro 2. it's such a good palette and I always forget about it..then when I pull it out, I'm like "OH YEAH!"

I also 'save' my more expensive stuff for special occasions. Which leads to me being a hoarder.

My MUFE Artist Palettes. I'm blown away by the quality of these shadows whenever I swatch them but for some reason I never reach for them when I'm doing my makeup. 

I have so many palettes both eyeshadow and highlighter/blush that get no love I feel terrible :(. Oh and brushes - so many brushes for so many reasons ( just in case, on sale, backup etc). Guilty of singles not getting reached for either. My other guilty items are holiday sets - items that are so pretty and fomo sets in so you just have to have it!

Totally agree with you. Some palettes are just so pretty and limited edition so I'm like "oh, I don't want to use you all up in 1 month so I'll use you sparingly" which turns into using it never haha. For me at least. And agh yeah those holiday sets... I had major FOMO during the Rouge Sale so I bought so many sets and skincare sets which I have yet to use. 

BareMinerals nude gen liquid lipsticks. Soooo good and smell amazing! I shall use them more often.

Ahh good ol PinK Granite from MUFE, lol! The shadow which is always forgotten 😛 I feel like everyone got that for free at some point!

I always forget about my single eyeshadows.  I don't own many, and actually I think the majority of them are Urban Decay and they are lovely, but for some reason I just find it much simpler to reach for my palettes as they are a one-and-done sort of thing.

Also I don't wear eye liner too often so those aren't paid much attention to 😛

Same!  Single eyeshadows never get love in my house either.  😥

Hmm, lip gloss is the first thing that comes to mind; I just don't reach for them. Red lipstick is the second. I love it but I don't wear it enough. 

My samples of new products to try are currently the most underappreciated.

I have a good amount of skin care deluxe sizes to use, however I always forget. I need a better system for incorporating new things into my routine.

I hear you. Late last year I made myself gather all my samples/deluxe sizes and put them in a Sephora bag that I keep on a visible shelf in my bathroom. I am forcing myself to use them, not all at once though but slowly but surely working through some. I was keeping them to use for when I travel (I don't travel as much as I want to lol) or for later (later has come). Also saves me some money as I don't have to run out and buy a new serum or something right away as I have some samples to use.

Agreed! I always tell myself to bring them along when traveling, but they just keep accumulating since I don't travel as much as I'd like lol.

Cheers!
Nikko

EVERYTHING.

lol Ugh, I feel the same. I just wish I had more places I went to that would call for a full face of makeup, where at least it would be appropriate. I think what I might be called at this point is a collector. -_-

@36524 yes! So many days I want to go all out on my makeup (specifically my eyeshadow) but it would be way too much for me to wear to work, which is where I spend the majority of my time. 

@Saschattack

Me too. It's so sad, I have such a nice little collection of great stuff, but I teach elementary-age kids how to play the violin. That's not the place. -_-

And my boyfriend and I have been long-distance for 3 years. we only see each other once a month, twice a month max. I don't think we'll even be doing anything for V-Day.

Is your name Sascha?

@36524

Yeah my name's Sascha. 

Aw, yeah it's tough to find events or places where you can really go all out with your makeup.

@Saschattack

My name's Sasha! ^_^

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • upload_5108910182661648960.jpg
  • 41e5yl67AoL.jpg
testing