Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Most Underappreciated Products In Your Collection?

i know we do threads similar to this from time to time, but i figured starting a fresh one couldn't hurt !!

what are some of the most underappreciated products in your collection ? products that you know you like--or LOVE--but just don't think to reach for ? may this thread help us rediscover our much loved but rather neglected things !

• MAKE UP FOR EVER artist shadow 'I544 - pink granite'. i have this in my first "trio" of artist shadows i picked up when they first launched; but it was a replacement for a shadow that shattered. online it looks darker than i find it is in real life (though it can be built up to be darker, which is great). a pinky taupe with an iridescence that on my lid looks more like a satin. i tend to go for browns and warmer tones for everyday looks, and i forget this one exists...but as i reminded myself yesterday, this is a fantassssstic everyday color for cooler toned looks. i find the pink (rather than a purple/blue) undertone rather flattering on my skin, and doesn't make me look dead.
  • NARS audacious 'deborah' & BITE 'amuse bouche' whiskey. i love a dark brown lip on me. it's a great alternative to reds or purples, but i just never think about it. deb in particular is one of my very favorite lipsticks that i've only worn a couple of times. i'm gonna change this !

if and as i think of more i'll add more below 🙂

Re: Most Underappreciated Products In Your Collection?

Haha, nice! 🙂

Hmm, off the top of my head, I've got 2 things:

• hair masks/treatments. I have a few and I always intend to use them once a week but it realistically ends up being more like once a month/every 6 weeks. Now that I've started coloring my hair again I'm going to make an effort to be more consistent with this

• Marc Jacobs eyeshadows. I've got a few of the 7 pan palettes and the holiday palette and I love the vibrancy of the colors when I use them, but for some reason I don't think to reach for them. I recently decided to depot my 7 pans to make them easier to use/more visible in my collection

Great question, @jemly!

I don't give facial masks or hair masks enough love. I have a lot of facial masks and I think 3 different hair masks, and I use one maybe once a month. I keep telling myself I need to use them since I bought them (duh), but I'm not in the habit so it's not a part of my routine. I use sheet masks more regularly, since they are so easy. 

Hi jemly!

Hmm... where to begin! There are definitely wayy too many products I neglect because recently i've been sticking to a rather minimal, "just the basics," routine.

This product is not makeup, but I have it in my shower and I always forget to use it. But when I do, I absolutely love the way my hair feels after! I have fine, thin hair and this cleanser is AMAZING! I definitely recommend using a hair mask or deep conditioning treatment after as it will dry your hair out after rinsing. If I remember to use this though, I can go days without shampooing. Love, love, love! ❤️

Christophe Robin Cleansing Purifying Scrub with Sea Salt

Stay Fabulous,
Zanna

Oh!  I am so intrigued by this !  May have to add it to my next order just to try it! 😘

@ZannaBT

That is my new fav! I've completely replaced my shampoo with it. I use it 2x a week. With the other shampoos I've used I would feel like I need to wash my hair every other day, but this gets my hair in balance and it feels fantastic afterwards. I highly recommend it! 

My Sephora Collection IT Smoky Eye Palette. The shades are so shimmery and beautiful and they blend so well!  I don't give it enough attention but whenever I do, I remember why I love it.

41e5yl67AoL.jpg

I don't give my Bare Minerals eyeshadow palette enough love. It's the Bare Neutrals palette -- the absolute best for professional looks or neutral drama or no-makeup looks. Blends well with little fallout. So amazing! I should use it more! 

Origins Charcoal Mask cleans my skin so well and leaves me glowing -- but i get distracted by other samples. I need to use it more. 

The Smashbox Legendary lipstick in Primrose is a perfect peachy neutral rose. It hydrates, lasts, and looks gorgeous for a variety of looks. 

I have some Origins skin cleanser in my medicine cabinet for when I need to wash my face at the sink, but I usually just wash my face in the shower. I love that it's a creamy cleanser and it lathers nicely! I think I'll put it in my shower so I can use it more often. 

I also have the May Coop Raw Sauce (which I love love love!), but I've been using Lancome's Energie de Vie The Smoothing & Plumping Pearly Lotion as my everyday essence. I'll be keeping these side by side from now on to make sure I alternate! 🙂

Cheers!
Nikko

i've consistently heard really positive things about the entire 'energie de vie' range from lancome !

So far, I've only tried the Smoothing & Plumping Pearly Lotion and it's amazing! Which makes me want to try everything else 🙂

Cheers!
Nikko

L'Oreal Color Riche Mono eyeshadows- I am trying to pan a few shadow sticks right now but I was looking in a drawer the other day and saw all the ones of these I own and forgot how much I actually like them. I will need to make a habit of using them once I have panned the 3 shadow sticks. upload_5108910182661648960.jpg

It Cosmetics Eye Shadow Trios-I actually love the trios I have and they create beautiful eye looks I just don't reach for them enough

Good idea! My MUFE single eyeshadows...they are prefect in every way. I picked great neutral shades with pops of color, and they blend themselves. I love every single look I've ever done with them. But I never think of the large metal palette they're stored in. 

oh ! NYX liquid suede cream lipstick. i love the formula of these (i know some people don't), and i have 4 rather fantastic colors. that i always forget about !

Are they hydrating? I am scared of NYX after some negative experiences with them. 😛 

Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • upload_5108910182661648960.jpg
  • 41e5yl67AoL.jpg
testing