knadala

Monday Questions!

Hello Everyone! Happy Monday!

Here are some questions for you to ponder on:

1. Does anyone have any vacations or big events coming up?

2. What is your go-to makeup look when you are attending a formal event?

3. How many beauty products do you carry with you? In your bag right now :smileyhappy: and what are they?

4. What is your most repurchased makeup and skincare product? Drugstore or high end, doesn't matter, or you can answer one for each category!

5. What brand seems to have the most durable packaging? For travel and accidentally dropping it :smileysad:

6. Do you use lip scrubs? How often? Which ones?

My Answers:

1. I have a Vegas trip in less than two weeks and a wedding to attend in less than a month.

2. Shimmery neutral eyeshadow, subtle cat eye, flushed lips with clear gloss, slight bronze cheek contouring, and pink rosy cheeks.

3. 1 tinted lip gloss, 1 tinted lip balm, 1 clear lip balm, 1 hand cream, 2 body sprays, 1 pack of oil blotters, and a face powder compact.

4. Clinique moisture surge and Benefit Cosmetics Wow they're real! mascara.

5. My UD products seem to survive my daily purse, my travel bags, and my clumsiness at home. Not a single one has cracked or chipped in packaging and the actual contents.

6. I use lip scrubs once a week unless I notice that my lips are unusually flaky, then I just do it when I notice it. I use the Lush bubble gum lip scrub, yum!

heartsmyface

Re: Monday Questions!

Thank you, but ahhhhhhh!!!! You're freaking me out man! Let's call it two weeks! So much to do still! 

m3rma1d

[ Edited ]

Big event: In 7 days I am having 2 surgeries at once: A hysterectomy and bladder sling. (yes I am the queen of TMI, send me a crown if you'd like.)

Vacation: At the end of May I am going to Nashville, TN for the national African violet convention. I'll probably be walking a bit funny since it's only 2 weeks post-op , but nothing can keep me from it! :smileyhappy:

I dunno if I do much that's "formal", but when I am doing something more "dressed up" I guess I pretty much do the same as regular go-to looks but a bit heavier, the probability of false lashes is high, and I always take off my glasses.

3. How many beauty products do you carry with you? In your bag right now :smileyhappy: and what are they?

Always at least one Dior lippie (gloss or stick), Dior Lip Glow, Dior powder compact, Nars concealer stick, and a black eyeliner.

4. What is your most repurchased makeup and skincare product? Drugstore or high end, doesn't matter, or you can answer one for each category!

Makeup: Dior lipstick in 564 'Model'

Skincare: Soap & Glory Hell Genius

5. What brand seems to have the most durable packaging? For travel and accidentally dropping it :smileysad:

I've dropped and traveled with all my Naked palettes and they're all fine so far.

I make one outta brown sugar, coconut oil, & a bit of honey when I think of it. Or I just rub the h3ll outta my mouth with a wet washcloth. :smileyvery-happy:

miabt

Ohh my!  Sending you positive juju for your surgeries & a happy dance for your trip to Nashville :smileywink:  I'm <3 the show & have a newfound love for country music, beyond Shania Twain :smileyhappy:

miabt

Happy Monday my lovely BTers <3

I just took my mini annual vacay, so i don't have anything fun coming up just yet.  I am looking forward to my niece being born later today though!!  That's a pretty big event!  I already love my little nephews to pieces & I cant wait for babygirl to get here, so I can spoil her with some Auntie love <3

A super smokey eye is my go-to.  Usually I'll throw in an accent on my lower lash-line to give my look a bit more pop, but I usually keep it a classic.  I also love a bold lip.  Its rare that I'll rock a nude lip 

Ohh my.  I know its gonna sound crazy, but I usually have enough to do me entire face.  Shiseido BB Cream, Dior Overcurl Mascara, KVD liquid liner, NARS Orgasm/Laguna Duo (and brushes for both), Benefit Stay Dont Stray, Naked 3 Palette, Benefit Boi-ing, Buxom Cream lippie in Purple Haze (my new lippie love), Bumble & bumble Texture & Brilliantine, Soap & Glory Hand Food, and Boscia blotting papers.  Ridics huh?!

Makeup: Nars Orgasm/Laguna Duo.  Skincare: Boscia Luminizing Black Mask 

I take my Naked Palettes with me when I travel (Hawaii, Las Vegas, etc) and I've never ever had any issues with them.  They're constantly thrown into bags or get stepped on in my car & they've survived it all.  Not a single crack in my shadows or the packaging!!

I'm finishing off the last of my Fresh Sugar Lip Polish that I received from my bday in Feb, but I'm interested in trying the Tarte Maracuja Lip Exfoliant next :smileyhappy:

xo, Mia

sephoramusthave

1. I'm going to the beach this summer :smileyvery-happy:

2. For formal events I do a full face of makeup. Neutral shadow, pink lips. Blush and highlighter is a must.

3. I have a little makeup bag that I carry in my purse. I don't have it with me at the moment but its full of just lip products and a little mirror.

4. benefit dallas bronzer, kat von d lock it foundation, Maybelline the falsies mascara, burts bees lip shimmers just to name a few of my most repurchased products

5. I don't own one, but I like the way tartes blushes are packaged. They might be a bit bulky but they snap shut securely and the packaging looks like it would really protect the powder inside if dropped/traveled with.

6. never tried a lip scrub

LariTheLoud

My hubby and I are taking a vacation to the Finger Lakes in upstate New York for their wineries! And hiking trails, and glassware... Mostly the wineries, though. :smileywink: It's our first vacation since our honeymoon several years ago, yay! We're planning to start a family soon so we want to enjoy this summer together.

Depends on the event. I like to go wild and include bright colors whenever I can, but if it's a more conservative formal event, I would wear more neutral colors and a red lip. I try to cater my look to the situation.

Oh, jeez, like half a dozen lipsticks, mascaras, a compact mirror, mattifying powder...

Philosophy purity cleanser for skincare along with Kate Somerville Exfolikate/Goat Milk Cream. Makeup product... Probably mascaras, since I change them out so frequently! I tend to fall back on Maybelline or Cover Girl mascaras, but I really want to use more high-end mascaras.

Anything that is padded or softer generally survives a fall best. Even though I dislike the IT Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Palette packaging, it really is durable, and your shadows won't break if you drop it. Same with the original Naked Palette (but not the later ones).

I make my own with sugar and olive oil!

malday

No big events, just a lot of little things coming up.

Classic red lip and minimal eye makeup, I usually just try to keep my skin looking flawless.

3. How many beauty products do you carry with you? In your bag right now and what are they?

Usually about 4-6. Lip balm, Lip primer, lip liner, whatever lipstick I'm using that day, eyelash curler and blotting papers..

UD Naked Liquid foundation, I use it just about everyday.

5. What brand seems to have the most durable packaging? For travel and accidentally dropping it

I have no idea haha, I'm not sure I've ever dropped any of my beauty products.

Yes, a few times a week. I use either Lush's Mint Julips or make my own with honey and sugar.

tashalicious

1. Does anyone have any vacations or big events coming up? Yes! my Anniversary party in June and a road trip with my girlfriends in July. :smileyhappy:

2. What is your go-to makeup look when you are attending a formal event? a neutral shimmery shadow and red lipstick.

3. How many beauty products do you carry with you? In your bag right now :smileyhappy: and what are they? a roller ball perfume,and whatever lipstick i chose to wear.

4. What is your most repurchased makeup and skincare product? Drugstore or high end, doesn't matter, or you can answer one for each category! Nars Sheer Glow foundation, and UD eye shadow primer and Noxema

5. What brand seems to have the most durable packaging? For travel and accidentally dropping it :smileysad:    Philosophy 

6. Do you use lip scrubs? How often? Which ones?  i've never used a lip scrub.

BrennaBombshell

1. Does anyone have any vacations or big events coming up? Nothing too huge, but planning on going to Islands of Adventure/Universal Studios sometime in the next month or so.  It's about 3 hours away from me, and the price is what makes it a big event. ^_^ But it should be super fun! I love going down there!

2. What is your go-to makeup look when you are attending a formal event? I don't go to a lot of formal events, but when I do, I usually wear something similar to what is in my profile picture. Peachy coral lips and cheeks, neutrals on my eyes, winged liner and defined brows.

3. How many beauty products do you carry with you? In your bag right now :womanhappy: and what are they? In my makeup bag, I always have a baby 'buki, a fluffy blending brush, an angled brow brush and a lip brush. Then I have my blush of the day, my lippie of the day, my Fresh Lip Treatment, a powder, a black pencil liner and a brown eyeshadow. 

4. What is your most repurchased makeup and skincare product? Drugstore or high end, doesn't matter, or you can answer one for each category! Skincare would be GlamGlow SuperMud. I love it. It works amazingly well for me. Makeup would be MAC lipstick in St. Germaine. I use it nearly every day, so I repurchase it fairly regularly.

5. What brand seems to have the most durable packaging? For travel and accidentally dropping it :womansad: Lorac. The palettes, even when dropped, keep the shadows well-protected. Then the other products I've used are heavy and durable.

6. Do you use lip scrubs? How often? Which ones? I do, twice a week. I make my own out of maracuja oil and sugar. :smileyhappy:

kbmatthews

[ Edited ]

I have a stag and doe this weekend for my best friend, and my birthday the weekend after!

Depends what the event is!

For example, the stag and doe one will be FUN. We're all different Nintendo characters (my friends getting married are super into video games), so my makeup will reflect my character. Care to guess who I might be? :smileytongue:

My birthday, I'll probably do a "romantic" eye with pinks and beiges, with a sharp winged liner with a matching pinky/beige lip, and have a contoured, glowy face.

Uhh.... I think I have like a dozen lippies! LOL. I have Dior Addict Lip Glow, A few UD, YSL and MAC lipsticks, A Sephora and Smashbox lipstick, Korres lip butter, Shu Eumura lipgloss, Bite primer and pencil, a few lip liners, lip brushes, FAB hand cream, blotting papers, tarte inner rim eye liner, a couple roller balls (KVD, Nest, Coach, Ralph Lauren), concealer, nail file, compact mirror. Oh goodness, I carry a lot!

Smashbox hydrating primer and PTR Camu Camu serum & moisturizer!

Hmmm. Yeah, I think my UD singles are the most durable, and the Benefit blushes too. My most breakable ones are the MAC palettes :smileysad:

I can't justify spending money on a lip scrub since it's so easy to make. So, I just mix my own :smileyhappy:

LariTheLoud

Will you be Peach or Daisy??? Maybe Daisy HM. OR PRINCESS ZELDA that would be amazing.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 31 replies
  • 35 hearts
  • 25 in conversation
    • sephoramusthave
    • malday
    • waterbaby1981
    • dolceloure
    • GBean28
    • miabt