Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿงœโ€โ™€๏ธ Mermaids & Unicorns ๐Ÿฆ„๐ŸŒˆ

I thought since a few BTer's like mermaids, unicorns, cute stuff, iridescent/holographic items... I'd start a thread so we could post all the products (beauty or not) that could fit this category.... even more enabling! hahahaha ๐Ÿ˜„

Share products you find that you think others might like....

Fairies-unicorn-mermaids.jpg

Re: Mermaids & Unicorns

@RoseCharlie Heart I haven't heard of the brand but DAYUM!  Those colors are just drawing me in!!  If you buy it, please let us know what you think.

The mystery glittery MILK post revealed...

milk.JPG

thanks V Heart 

I am soooo excited about this. And I always feel better buying things knowing it's profiting a great cause ๐Ÿ˜„

Did you end up buying it @katgoulding?

I havent, but if/when I do I will absolutely share! ๐Ÿ™‚ @veronika23

@katgoulding  thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

This popped up on Stila's facebook page. That makeup bag is so cute! They don't say where it's from, though. ๐Ÿ˜ž

No automatic alt text available.

Also, gotta love the mermaid art on their website

and instagram!

stila1.PNGstila2.PNGstila3.PNGstila4.PNG

ETA: if anyone does some recon and finds out where that bag is sold, please let me know! ๐Ÿ™‚

That bag is so gorgeous!!! I've been thinking if trying out some of the Stila shades....

I love the bag too!

Anonymous Insider

That's a really nice makeup bag.

@lmi82I was totally admiring the mermaid art on the Stila display in Sephora today.

And I also LOVE that bag - Please tag me if y'all figure out where to buy it! โค๏ธ

SO COOL!!!  Thanks @lmi82 - I should venture on over there...especially since they have a sale going on AND free shipping.  This post was the push I needed (see what you did?)  Heart 

Happy to enable, @ZombieMetroAnt! ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ™‚

pony.JPG

China Glaze and My Little Pony collection.

Spoiler
Beauty is ready for its close-up.

Recently, the beauty business has taken a shine to tie-ins with theatrical movie releases. The latest example is nail lacquer China Glazeโ€™s partnership with the upcoming โ€œMy Little Ponyโ€ film.

My Little Pony x China Glaze debuts next month with a collection of 14 new shades inspired by the personalities of the beloved ponies retailing for $7.50 for individual shades. The film will hit theaters in October.

My Little Pony x China Glaze will be sold at Sally Beauty, Ulta Beauty and other retailers both in the U.S and internationally. It keeps the momentum going built by brands such as Lorac, which recently curated color palettes linked to โ€œPirates of the Caribbeanโ€ and โ€œBeauty and the Beast.โ€

Nail colors are a natural match for the visual My Little Pony property, according to Marwan Zreik, vice president of marketing at American International Industries, the parent of China Glaze. He said although China Glaze has been part of licensed deals before, this is the largest in scope.

The My Little Pony brand has a huge stable of fans. According to Michelle Micone, vice president North America for Hasbro Consumer Products, there are more than 500 licenses spanning 17 categories across fashion and back-to-school. โ€œThe brand has grown [more than] 320 percent since our relaunch in 2010, and now has grown to represent approximately $1.2 billion dollars at retail across our brand blueprint,โ€ she said.

China Glaze and Hasbro connected backstage at New York Fashion Week where the idea of teaming up was hatched. Micone said China Glaze had created nail art for designer Lindsay Degen for her My Little Pony collection.

โ€œWe loved what they had accomplished with the brand. We could tell immediately that they understood the essence of My Little Pony and started working on a formal collaboration,โ€ Micone said. โ€œChina Glaze was able to bring the brand to life in a new way through nail polish, with shades and names inspired by the unique personalities of our iconic ponies including the Mane 6: Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Applejack, Rarity, Twilight Sparkle and Pinkie Pie.โ€

The lineup includes whimsical product names such as โ€œWhereโ€™s the Party Cannon At?โ€ complete with pink glitter to highlight Pinkie Pie, as well as โ€œI Just Canterlotโ€ with purple glitter to represent Rarity. The colors run the gamut from holographic chromes to soft crรจmes.

โ€œThis goes beyond a traditional movie licensing deal and really reflects a true collaboration,โ€ Zreik said. โ€œChina Glaze was given full access to the iconic My Little Pony brand โ€” practically given free rein to create a beauty-inspired and fashion-forward interpretation. Expect to see My Little Pony in a somewhat unexpected style.โ€

My Little Pony is a classic favorite with multigenerational reach. โ€œThe target consumer could be someone who grew up with the My Little Pony brand or is experiencing the brand for the first time, no matter the age,โ€ Zreik said.

An in-store display.

To introduce the collection, China Glaze has tapped six nail artists. โ€œThe China Glaze Mane 6 [reflecting the Mane 6 My Little Ponies] nail artists are a true reflection of China Glaze as a brand โ€” theyโ€™re a mix of DIYers, bloggers, celebrity nail artists and nail competition-winners,โ€ Zreik explained. โ€œThey speak to our various consumers and each used the collection to create designs that really showcase their skill set and personalities. This curated content is very diverse and reflects all the various ways you can โ€˜live in colorโ€™ My Little Pony style.โ€

China Glaze and My Little Pony are collaborating to support the launch through social media, in-store displays, participation in key events such as Beautycon and Comic Con, as well as various activations and promotions leading up to the release of the movie on Oct. 6.

The film will introduce a new character, Songbird Serenade, a pop star pony voiced by Sia. The movie also features many best-in-class celebrities such as Emily Blunt, Kristin Chenoweth, Liev Schreiber, Michael Peรฑa, Taye Diggs, Uzo Aduba and Zoe Saldana.

China Glaze was created in 1998 and acquired by American International Industries in 2005. The professional nail lacquer brand has built up a cult following thanks to its wide-ranging palette that ranges from classic neutrals to bold neons.

HeartAll I have to say is:

Image result for my little pony gif

BTW, did you guys know there's a My Lil Pony movie coming out?

Spoiler
Spotted during the screening of Cap'n Underpants
p1.JPG
p2.JPG

Heart

That sparkly blue! So pretty. If the swatches are good, I many have to grab that one. Oooh, and the sparkly purple, too! ๐Ÿ™‚

OMG!   So cute!  I love the purple on the far left!

This post just made me way too excited ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ I want to find this nail set and paint my nails for the movie haha!

@ZombieMetroAnt just saw these NEW MILK products at my local Sephora

IMG_3635.JPGIMG_3634.JPG

Here is a swatch of the lippie:

IMG_3630.JPG

This is so pretty! That's definitely going in the loves list. Thanks for the pics, @willa25! ๐Ÿ’•

00000000.JPGOMG!!  Thank you @willa25 - this looks so glittery and pretty!  Heart  Better get to my store - stat!

Ooooo I want that lippie!

testing