Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿงœโ€โ™€๏ธ Mermaids & Unicorns ๐Ÿฆ„๐ŸŒˆ

I thought since a few BTer's like mermaids, unicorns, cute stuff, iridescent/holographic items... I'd start a thread so we could post all the products (beauty or not) that could fit this category.... even more enabling! hahahaha ๐Ÿ˜„

Share products you find that you think others might like....

Fairies-unicorn-mermaids.jpg

Re: Mermaids & Unicorns

Ooh, I got my Sedona Lace Mermaid palette order! (Along with a fan brush and a few gel liners.)

2017-05-26 17.07.21 copy.jpg2017-05-26 17.10.52 copy.jpg

To me, this is exactly what a mermaid palette should be - full of blue and green watery shades, with a few other cool toned colors to contrast (to me, even the warmer neutrals have a cool tone to them, like Sybil, Beatrice, and Azalea remind me of coral, but as seen underwater in the ocean. The only thing I feel like this palette is missing is a bit of shimmer, for that otherworldly feeling. But that can be added, right? ๐Ÿ˜‰

My only concern is with the liners. It looks like there's a lot more of the green shades (Wicked and Caribbean) than the others, and a lot less of the purple shade (Mystic).

@Magycmyste  it is a pretty palette! I have it too just haven't really played with it yet lol.  I totally agree this is what a mermaid palette should look like. I don't get the ones with all the brownish shades. Also agree with the shimmer comment but like you said it can be added... maybe use KVD's alchemist palette ๐Ÿ˜‰

I don't have that one (really need to explore KVD's products - I don't think I have any yet), but I have the ABH Moonchild one (from YouTube, it looks like the shades are similar to the Alchemist palette, though Alchemist does seem to be more pigmented), and I have highlighters coming in from Laura Geller, Touch of Glam and Looxi soon (ToG shipped today).

@Magycmyste I think the main difference between the KVD and the ABH is that ABH is chunkier but since you want sparkle, that'll definitely do the trick! Also, Looxi kills it at duochromes so that is probably going to be awesome too.

Oops not sure how I missed these comments...

@Magycmyste@makeitup305

I find that the KVD one is better to use as a transformer vs the ABH.  It blends more with the other shadow to transform it vs looking like a topper. Which is why she calls her palette a transformer vs ABH which is a highlighting palette. If that makes any sense. LOL And ABH does have glitter in her palette. KVD doesn't. ๐Ÿ™‚

Yay greens! I feel like green shadows are underrepresented in the makeup world! I feel like something like KVD's Alchemist would be AMAZING paired with this palette.

Ooh yes! Or the Looxi Beauty highlighters!

And I'm going to have to wait for it to show up, but now I want to swatch some of these with a rainbow highlighter on top!

Oh but all the pretty green looks you can create ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ 

Very true! ๐Ÿ˜

I need this T-Shirt!

Fairy unicorn shirt.jpg

Cute shirt, I can just see us in these!

You guys, got some Unicorn mail....literally!  Cat LOL

uni.JPG

The box alone is so cute! Great for storage. I ordered two (one for me and one for my BFF that's far, far, away...) and they came in a very large Ulta box.  

00000.JPG

Inside the box:

Spoiler

Well done WnW Heart 

Yay!!!!  So glad you scored the box!  I was able to snag a few of the unicorn brushes and the pink highlighter.  Enjoy!!!!   @ZombieMetroAnt

Pretty!!!! Please share some fun looks with us!

So pretty, @ZombieMetroAnt!  Mine is still in LA, I ended up ordering direct from WnW. I missed out on the ULTA release.

This is pretty awesome!  Man did that thing sell out fast!  ๐Ÿฆ„

Ohhhhh Thank you so much @ZombieMetroAnt Heart

I have yet to try wet n wild, but they've really been impressing me lately. I think I'm gonna have to try out a few things. Enjoy!

Omg so cute! Lucky BFF! Love the box โค

Now that's Unicorn Mail! So pretty, enjoy     ๐Ÿ˜Š 

Wanted to show off my newly painted unicorn nails from the nails inc LE kit. (Please excuse the sloppy hand done job)

IMG_3335.JPG

6 Replies
testing