Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

🌈🧜‍♀️ Mermaids & Unicorns 🦄🌈

I thought since a few BTer's like mermaids, unicorns, cute stuff, iridescent/holographic items... I'd start a thread so we could post all the products (beauty or not) that could fit this category.... even more enabling! hahahaha 😄

Share products you find that you think others might like....

Fairies-unicorn-mermaids.jpg

Re: Mermaids & Unicorns

@myumew  like the inside seemed ok but the outside was the problem... there's like this plastic all around and in some places, the one I was looking at, had a few "pinches" and the pinched part would later turn into holes... so I just felt it wasn't worth it even on sale. Pretty but thought it would get damaged easily because of that plastic thing.  Not sure if I am making any sense though lol

00000000.JPGIt's a whole kit!

00000.JPG

Spoiler

Yay!   I hope I can get this online!  💗💗💗

This is a must have!!!

Swatches of The Unicorn Glow color shifting lipsticks

Screen Shot 2017-05-09 at 7.24.05 AM.png

Yay, these swatches look promising! I really love it when affordable brands make "not so traditional" colors of makeup. It's less of a commitment to try out new shades.

@ZombieMetroAnt  😮  I have no chance of resisting this level of unicorn magic! 😄

Edited to add: Wait, Wet N Wild is coming to Ulta?!

Image result for happy unicorn gif

@VioletLavender @Mcakes Yes ma'ams, Wet N Wild is coming back to Ulta! 👏🏻

That's what one of the SAs told me but I will circle back. 

@Karmatic @Mcakes The Refinery29 article does say that the Wet N Wild Unicorn Glow Box will be at Ulta on May 21st! 😄

Image result for happy dance gif

Wait really @VioletLavender?! Yay!!! 😄 

Oh, wow.  I need that brush.  I've managed to resist the other unicorn brushes so far, but I love this one!  

Refinery 29 just posted a vid on this. The brush ($4.99) will be sold separately, also. The highlighter is gorgeous. The lip transformers are pretty, too.

Want!! Yess . 

I love all of it!

I NEED that brush 😄 Thank you for the tag @ZombieMetroAnt HeartI'll probably never find it but if I do it will be a real unicorn haha.

Interesting! Looking forward to the swatches and the brush looks awesome. 

Yep, time to get the full Unicorn look! 🦄 😄

Thanks for the tag @ZombieMetroAnt, this is an awesome kit!

Reallllllly cute! Love it.

Ohhhh thanks @ZombieMetroAnt!!!! Kinda want that brush and lip toppers 😄

Guys!  I tried DIY-ing (aka, painting) a mermaid purse this weekend, and I am super pleased with the results! 😄  In real life, it color shifts through red-purple-blue-green as you look at it in different light / at different angles. 

coach diy

@Milou07, that is so gorgeous! 

XOXO,
Marieke

For @veronika23@acsephora @somegirl123@pixiedust2 and anyone else who might be interested: here are more detailed instructions. 🙂 

Spoiler
NOTE: These are all instructions for a leather bag - they can be modified slightly for non-leather materials- for my mom's cheap target bag, we didn't sand it, and used isopropyl alcohol to prep rather than acetone, but everything else was the same. 

Prepping the bag:  before I masked off the areas I didn't want to paint, I sanded it lightly with fine grit sandpaper, and then rubbed acetone across it (nail polish remover with acetone, actually).  This is supposed to help the paint sink in and stick better.  

I then masked off the zipper, logos, buckles, etc, etc  with masking tape (I recommend picking a purse with fewer things to mask!).  

For the actual painting, I used 2 oz of Angelus Acrylic Leather Paint in Neutral, mixed with 1oz (plus a little more to get consistency right) of Angelus 2-Thin Acrylic Leather.  I then mixed in 3/4 of a 1 gram package of Super chameleon pigment in forest/purple/red from solar color dust.  I originally began painting using the Preval Spray Gun System, but it really didn't work well for me - it's too cold where I live for the sprayer to work properly, and it was a really frustrating experience.  We have an airbrush system we'd never tried that attaches to an air compressor, so I switched to that for the last couple coats of paint.  If you have access to one, I HIGHLY recommend it.  It uses much less paint and is much more precise than the sprayer system.  

It took a couple hours - I just applied light coats, and waited for them to dry or set with a hair dryer, until I reached the opacity I wanted.  The paint in the proportions I described above was enough to paint my little purse and all it's accessories (hang tag, straps, etc), plus a smaller bag without accessories for my mom.  

Finally, once the paint was dry, I coated the whole thing with a layer of Angelus Acrylic Leather Matte Finisher, and let it dry overnight!  I was amazed by how easy this project was overall, and I'm definitely going to try it again with different pigments and bags (or maybe shoes?).  🙂
41 Replies
testing