Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿงœโ€โ™€๏ธ Mermaids & Unicorns ๐Ÿฆ„๐ŸŒˆ

I thought since a few BTer's like mermaids, unicorns, cute stuff, iridescent/holographic items... I'd start a thread so we could post all the products (beauty or not) that could fit this category.... even more enabling! hahahaha ๐Ÿ˜„

Share products you find that you think others might like....

Fairies-unicorn-mermaids.jpg

Re: Mermaids & Unicorns

@prettyinpaI like these wayyyy better than what they have out now!  I must get halo and compare to my MAC OG highlight!

Um, tell me more...

uni.JPG

Spoiler
Unicorn beauty is having a major moment right now. Just on Instagram alone, there are more than 233,000 posts dedicated to unicorn hair, and another 6,300 to unicorn makeup. (It's a crazy, candy-colored world out there, folks). For the most part, these unicorn beauty looks are abstract, inspired by the pastel shades and glitter-happy aesthetic of the mystical animal but not actually designed to look like them.

Turnt Beauty's unicorn hair tutorial, however, is different. Unlike the popular unicorn hair trend (which involves coloring your hair with multiple pastel shades to achieve a playful rainbow look), this hair tutorial teaches viewers how to create and style your very own unicorn horn. Because, apparently, we haven't taken the trend far enough.

In the below tutorial, Los Angeles-based hairstylist Amanda Ozard demonstrates the multistep approach she uses to create the unicorn hairstyle that's actually pretty simple. To create the look, you'll need hair dye in several pastel colors (she uses pink, purple, and blue in the tutorial), a large-barrel curling iron, bobby pins (lots!) and, of course, a medium-size styrofoam cone, which you can find at any art supply store.

The completed look is playful, colorful, and not for the faint of heart (or for the office, to be honest). But if you have the time and the occasion to rock your very own unicorn horn, go for it, girl.
Check out the step-by-step tutorial below and head to Turnt Beauty for more out-of-the-box beauty inspo.

END OF ARTICLE - - - - 

Here's the YT link for anyone interested:

I think I will just use an ice cream cone. ๐Ÿ˜„

patrick star pics.lnk.jpg

"Hello, brothers!"

I'll go with a nacho hat...it's like a unicorn horn....but not?? ๐Ÿ˜›

Image result for gru nacho hat

Yes to the nacho hat! ๐Ÿ˜‚

I had Mexican food last night...but there was sadly no nacho hat involved.

@ZombieMetroAnt  haha I saw that the other day! I love all the different hair colors but not sure I'd do the horn. ๐Ÿ˜„

Ha ha ha...I would do this for Halloween if I had the Unicorn hair color to go with it. Heart Then prance around like

200w-_2__1.gif

There is a llama filter on snapchat!:D

Tracey Tanner Envelope Wallet in Sparkle Slick from Anthropologie.

On sale for $29.95. If you use the code TAGTIME, it'll be an extra 40% off which will bring the price down to $17.97.

41046749_009_b.jpg

I also looked at the Tracy Tanner site and there is a bunch of other oil slick stuff. There are even three types (sparkle slick, foil slick, and slick light). Just a heads up, everything is made to order and is final sale.

Edit: Looks like the quality of these isn't that great, so buyer beware! Thanks @lysbainch for letting us know! ๐Ÿ™‚

I got the actual oil slick one today in the mail and have the sparkle one coming. I am seriously not impressed with the oil slick one. It isn't like standard patent leather and the finish is literally cracking. I tried to open it and the finish cracked. It will look like junk in a week or two. I will report back when I get the one you posted a picture of. The one I got today is called Foil Slick. Do not buy if you like your stuff to look nice. @lmi82

@lysbainch Oh no! Sorry to hear that the quality isn't good. Did you contact customer service? Maybe they'll give you a refund since the finish isn't holding up.

I thankfully wasn't planning on ordering any of these, but thanks for the heads up! 

Back in stock - Unicorn Lashes UK unicorn brushes

Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 12.04.25 PM.png

The holo Sephora brushes someone posted a while back are now live in the US

http://www.sephora.com/face-time-complexion-brush-set-P415304?skuId=1881499

@veronika23 Well, Cosmopolitan was really wrong about the price of these. Still, I wish that they were really $15 and not $48! Hopefully, they'll make it to the sale section. ๐Ÿ™‚

@lmi82  ahh it was you who posted. Oh man I hadn't remembered the price... Yikes! Huge difference.

Remember the Tarte unicorn brushes. Should be coming soon.

Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 7.19.21 AM.png

If you gals didnt end up getting a RM mermaid bag yet  from RM's sale section, I'd go on and do it now!! With code RMSALE50 you get an additional 50% off sale items! I got the fun mermaid colored small astor saddle bag for only $34 shipped! 

Dang. Wish I saw this earlier! What a good deal. 

Wow! Awesome! Thx!!! I almost wanted to get the moto mini but it's like 20$ to ship! ๐Ÿ˜ž

7 Replies
testing