Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿงœโ€โ™€๏ธ Mermaids & Unicorns ๐Ÿฆ„๐ŸŒˆ

I thought since a few BTer's like mermaids, unicorns, cute stuff, iridescent/holographic items... I'd start a thread so we could post all the products (beauty or not) that could fit this category.... even more enabling! hahahaha ๐Ÿ˜„

Share products you find that you think others might like....

Fairies-unicorn-mermaids.jpg

Re: Mermaids & Unicorns

I've had a fair share of saffiano bags and I don't think that will go away completely but will fade with use. It looks like a slight dent in the leather rather than a finish imperfection, am I right? Try keeping your bag stuffed when storing, and use it continuously for a while to promote slight softening of the leather... that looks like the bag was stored improperly in the warehouse so something was pushing against it.

Personally if you really wanted this bag I'd keep it. I'm also a bag perfectionist, but once you use the bag for awhile, you won't notice it anymore. Think of it as giving your bag character. ๐Ÿ˜‰ And even if you got a perfect one... well, a bunch of things could still happen to it and you might end up with another mark!

The bumpy line will probably "deflate" or the texture of the leather will be smoothed out over time. Here's a pic of the saffiano leather on one of my bags. You can see signs of wear on the zipper ๐Ÿ™‚ I have had this bag for about 3 years. I hope this helps in a way.

Spoiler
IMG_6001.JPG

@Randell Ahh that sucks! It doesn't look obvious to me though. I had to zoom in to see the flaw. 

The bag looks like it has been through a "saffiano" treatment. Saffiano leather is not prone to scratches. In my experience, it is kind of easy to buff out scratches on a saffiano leather bag. Be very careful though. As with any other leathers, color might fade if you buff the bag too hard. My saffiano leather bag has lasted me for over 3 years (and counting!) and I haven't been babying my bag at all. 

But if you don't like it, I think you should return it or exchange it. My motto is that a bag should make you happy, not make you worry ๐Ÿ™‚ I once purchased a lambskin bag with a very very minor flaw but I couldn't get mysellf to stop thinking about the flaw so I exchanged it for a new one. I couldn't be happier ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@Randell Aww man, I'm sorry you're so bummed. But I understand. It sucks waiting for something and wanting it to be perfect and they muck it up somehow.

I honestly don't think it looks bad, especially because it's so shiny. Like sharkskin. I have @veronika23 's bag here, going to ship it to her soon. I didn't take it out of the packaging because it's packed so well , but I can see the leather through one side of the clear bag. And WHOA is that leather shiny. So while I don't know how it will wear in the long run, it's just so dazzling that I don't think I would even notice it on someone carrying the bag.  

Do do they still have them in stock? If so, you could order another one and compare the two before you decide to return this one. 

Thanks @pixiedust2 !! Good advice! The flaw is really raised, so, unfortunately it really sticks out. Maybe I will call them and see if I can order a 2nd one.

Or, maybe I should just try to get over it and just enjoy the beautiful bag. On the bright side, at least I won't stress about putting the first scuff/scratch on it, right?!

I can't wait to see V's bag. You have amazing willpower not to peek! And, so nice of you to do that for her!

I'll post a pic when it gets here ๐Ÿ™‚ and yes @pixiedust2 is a total sweetheart @Randell ๐Ÿ™‚

@Randell you know what, I think I'd call them too. I'm wondering if the flaw is perhaps a scar or buildup on the hide. In which case it would seem fine to me. But if it's raised because it was scratched, thereby making it thinner, that's the only part that would worry me. Just that the integrity of the hide is diminished. 

My most expensive bag is a Dooney & Bourke Disney Haunted Mansion leather bag. It had a few imperfections that I noticed when I first got it, and at almost $300, I was bummed. But I kept it and the more I use it, it gets softer and a touch darker due to my skin oil coming in contact with it. I love it and I don't even notice the flaws anymore. So I bet if you keep the bag, you'll start to not even notice the "flaw". 

If you can't get a replacement I say enjoy the heck out of that bag!  It's truly stunning and so unique and you'll have it for many years to come ๐Ÿ™‚

From ASOS 20% off today with code MAJOR20

7368601-2.jpg7279152-1-purple.jpg

I got drawn in by a pm, but when I checked the lounge this jumped out at me, V you are a unicorn mermaid princess OMG the pretties in this thread!!! โค๏ธ much love!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!! @calamityjane85 So happy to see you on the boards!!!! Heart Heart Heart

HI!!!! so glad to see some familiar faces. Ill have to poke around and see whats shakin' lol. 

I found a cute iridescent zip pouch from Forever 21. The size is 10ร— 7 in. with a silver pull and zipper. It has nice black lining on the inside that can be easily cleaned. ๐Ÿ˜

20161027_144547.jpg

For anyone who likes loose leaf tea, Teavana has this iridescent tea tin in a couple of different sizes. I bought a big one today. ๐Ÿ˜Š

IMG_5958.JPG

Nice!!!

Oooh nice find @ExquisiteGypsy!

Checkout this mermaid purse from Skinny Dip London. I call this a wallet though ๐Ÿ˜„

Skinnydip Mermaid Purse

@veronika23 Nooo its sold out ๐Ÿ˜ž I actually wanted to buy it!

Already? Wow! Are you on the UK site or the US site? Because I think the US site didn't have it but the UK one did. Also ASOS does receive some stuff from them so that be a place to keep checking as well.  I'm hoping they'll get it.

@veronika23 I went to the US site and it shows as sold out! Interesting! I did actually find it on the Free People website as well ๐Ÿ™‚ And I got free shipping since I signed up to their mail list! Yay! This wallet is SO CUTE and i actually don't even own a wallet erm... Yes lol you heard right.  I have a little tokidoki zip pouch that I got from Sephora probably 8-9 years ago LOL and I use that.

@sabrinas did you get your mermaid wallet yet? How do you like it?

@veronika23 I actually ended up not  getting it because I wanted to get some makeup instead, lol! The life of a makeup junkie.  I do still want it though so I plan to grab it soon!

2 Replies
testing