kimmi1115

May Favorites

As May nears its final days, I figured it was about time for everyone to share their May favorites.

Mine mainly deal with the change in the weather.  Hello, Tennessee summer! lol.

may faves.JPG

• Neutrogena Shine Control Primer
  • Neutrogena Healthy Skin Compact Makeup in Soft Beige:  I love the way this feels; it has a silky touch to it.  The coverage is also custom.
  • Urban Decay De Slick Mattifying Powder:  Keywords: TN Summer lol.
  • NARS Bronzer in Laguna
  • Biore scrub and facial wash:  Love, love, love!!  This actually works better for me than Clinique.  I'm still working on my Clinique moisturizing gel, but once I finished it, I'm going to see what the Biore moisturizers are like. 
janinebt

Re: May Favorites

May pretty much flew by! Some of my favorite products during the month were:

• Dior's Rosy Glow Healthy Glow Awakening Blush (it gives my cheeks a really nice natural flush)
  • Buxom's Big & Healthy Lip Polishes (I've been reaching for Tonya a ton recently)
  • Tarte's Aqualillies palette (such a fantastic palette for daily looks. All of the shadows are richly pigmented)
Whimsically yours,
Janine
drrragon

eek totally jealous of your Aqualillies!  When the pictures first came out I thought "meh" because the eyeshadows (except the blue) all looked like boring neutrals.  But after getting to swatch it, they were much more interesting than pictured!  One actually seemed duochrome or had a peachy/pinky pearly sheen.  WANT!!!

lovelyred139

Lipstick Queen Wine Sinner has been my go-to lip color this month.  It's a touch brighter than my usual darkened berry (MAC Endless Drama) and is my nod to the fact that everyone else is doing bright pinks or fuschias for the change in seasons.  I'm not sure how I feel about the formula -- I'm afraid it'll be difficult to work with in colder months -- but for warm weather it's great and hardly budges.

I'd also ordered the Bobbi Brown Brightening Finishing Powder in Porcelain Pearl halfway through the month.  I usually gift myself something pricey and absurd to celebrate the end of term, but my sister had to browbeat me into in this time.  For something I was so guilty about, it's turned out to be a fantastic purchase.  It really does brighten my complexion and lend a sort of airbrushed look to my foundation routine.

LolaVal

My may favorite product is a sample of the Shiseido Bio-Performance Super Restoring Cream that I got a sample with some points.  This cream is so rich and hydrating yet non greasy and doesn't break me out at all.  Looks like I may have to buy the full size when I'm done with it!

Kerandria

A new favourite for me is Amorepacific's treatment enzyme peel - it is an awesome, great, super-effective product. I ended up buying the full size after trying out a deluxe sample I'd gotten with points. I should have known that I'd be in love -- Amorepacific is so much magic!

starletta8

Like Kimmi, you'll see a theme from my May favorites. I left most of my daily staples off.

Hair, Skin, and Body:

may_skincare.jpg

• Alterna Bamboo Shine Spray: I received a deluxe sample from one of my monthly boxes and am loving it. Hopefully I can baby this bottle until my no-buy is over.
  • Bumble and Bumble Thickening Hair Spray: Finally, something that stands up to the humidity! I'm about 85% done with one of the 100 pt perks I picked up. Luckily, I have a 2oz bottle to go to next.
  • Clinique 7-day Scrub Cream: I'm normally not an exfoliator girl, but this is gentle enough for my sensitive skin and I'm finding it a must for my amped-up SPFwear!
  • First Aid Beauty Shave Cream: An old purchase, but one I'll replace.  This is the first time heading into shorts season that I have 0 ingrowns on my legs. The only difference is a swap in shaving cream.
  • Shiseido SPF 50+ Cream for Face: My new daily go-to.
  • Clinique Antiperspirant Deodorant Roll-On: LOVE LOVE LOVE. I finally found something that stands up to hot and humid.
  • Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist Firming Massage Cream: A new addition to my skincare routine that works miracles.
  • Laura Mercier Oil Free Makeup Remover: I've almost finished a deluxe sample- it stands up to my new favorite mascara!

Nails, Nails, Nails!

may_nails.jpg

• Chanel Azure
  • Chanel Bel-Argus
  • Yves Saint Laurent Tie and Dye Top Coat- 04 Ice Coat
  • Dior Gel Coat

Face and Eyes:

may_eyeshadow.jpg

• Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes: My fail-proof eyeliner. You'll pry #01L (Mat Black) out of my cold, dead hands- but I'm also digging the Summer release #52L
  • Stila Smudge Crayon: I'm loving Kitten not as an eyeshadow, but as a way to highlight the dark areas and as an illuminating eyeliner for the lower lashline.
  • Chanel Stylo Eyeshadow: These are perfection in a stick for me. I've raved about these so many times.  I reach for Moon River and Jade Shore the most often.
  • Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks: Steel is my HG grey I've been missing from when I shifted from powder shadow to cream shadows and sticks. Rosegold is another multitasker I've used as a highlighter in the eye area.
  • Bobbi Brown Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer: I'm currently having a torrid affair with this and can't believe I didn't try it until recently.

Mascara:

may_mascara.jpg

• A special shout-out to the LE Chanel mascaras in Blue Note, Aqua Blue, and the permanent Noir. It takes work to get these off, 18 hours later. So much fun- and work appropriate if you're good.

Lips:

may_lips.jpg

• Fresh Sugar Lip Scrub: I'm in good company here, you get it.
  • Shiseido Benefiance Lip Corrector: I use it with the lip scrub for super soft and plumped lips.
  • Chanel Rouge Coco Shine- 467 Pygmalion: This is honestly the HG bright but sheer pink lipstick I've been hunting for. Since I bought it mid-month, I haven't worn anything else.
  • Le Metier de Beaute Core Colour Lipstick- Dubai: A lovely lilac-pink that's classic and perfect for work. I was obsessing over this after waiting a couple of years to buy the shade prior to meeting my soulmate Pygmalion.
  • Dior Addict Extreme Lipstick and Lipgloss- Diablotine: A carryover from April, when I wore this nearly every day. A perfect poppy/coral lip that really works well with cobalt blue- a staple in my wardrobe.
LolaVal

(0) Hearts

Hi Starletta8,

I've been looking for an eyeliner for my lower lash line and I saw that you are using Stila's Smudge crayon in Kitten.  I keep going back and forth between a white liner and a nude one.  Does it brighten up your eyes (make them pop) when you use this on your lower lash line?  Thanks!

starletta8

(0) Hearts

It's a champagne color- what works well for me.

I've tried nude and white- and nude didn't do anything; white looked fake.  I mainly use this under the lashes, on the outside of the eye (keep in mind this is an eyeshadow stick technically).

Colors like this or MUFE #23L Aqua Eyes are a good compromise on my very fair skin. YMMV if you're not pasty like I am, especially with the shimmer.

sephoramusthave

Buxom Lip Cream in White Russian and Origins Rain and Shine Lipstick in Pink Lemonade. Both are HG worthy products. :smileyvery-happy:

Also, the nature by canus all natural moisturizing facial cleansing milk and the sophyto purifying silken cleanser.

And the Dior Abricot Nail Cream, the Korres Guava Body Butter and the strawberry rosebud salve.

Been using all these products a LOT lately :smileyvery-happy:

roxystar4

My May Faves:
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused
Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Pink Chic
Loreal Infallible eyeshadow in primped & Precious
100% Pure Cheek Tint in Peach Glow
UD Mariposa Palette
Benefit Getting Cheeky Set- chacha tint, posie tint & sunbeam
100% Pure Body Lotion in coconut
SpaRitual Nail color in Knowledge
Sephora OPI OceanLove Potion
Sephora OPI Casanova Is So Into Me
Lavanilla Rollerball in Vanilla

0-3.jpeg

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

im having trouble making my pic larger

beautylovingirl

My favorites are always the same I still use the same thing I've been using forever....

DesertRose0706

My May favorites are:

• Murad Hydro Dynamic Ultimate Moisture face moisturizer - This is the most moisturizing product I have ever coe across, I absolutely love it (but it is pricey at $65)
  • Neutrogena 2% salicyclic acid face pads - I recently switched from a benzoyl peroxide cream to these pads for acne control and I am finding that the salicylic acid is more ffective and leaves my skin looking and feeling healthier than it did with the benzoyl peroxide
  • My eyebrows - I got the waxed professionally (Benefit Brow Bar) for the first time ever several days ago and they look better than they h ever have, and it has made a huge positive difference in the overall appearance of my face.
  • Laura Mercier tinted mosturizer - so nice to wear in the summer!  Lightweight feeling, looks natural, has SPF and is quick and easy to apply.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 33 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • sephoramusthave
    • kimmi1115
    • drrragon
    • janinebt
    • roxystar4
    • beautylovingirl