Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Makeup Storage

I'm starting to amass a nice collection of makeup but I have limited counter space.  Currently I'm using plastic drawers which is working nicely but they are filling up and I know I'll eventually need to stack another set of drawers on top of the current one. 

Wondering how you all store your makeup.  Anyone want to share pictures and ideas?

Makeup Storage.jpg

RE: Makeup Storage

Same here!! I’ve got 2 bathroom drawers. Fully packed caboodle, a organization tote of sorts😑, aaand exactly the same draw situation you have going on @AMK721

Re: Makeup Storage

I need to rethink my little sideboard but I did buy more acrylic holders and another divider for my palettes.  I have two 3-tiered trays on wheels (one for perfume and nail polish and the other for skincare and miscellaneous hair products and makeup.  

Before my collection grew plus one of my 3-tiered trays on wheelsBefore my collection grew plus one of my 3-tiered trays on wheelsMy lipstick collection grew so I’ve separated them into stackable acrylic containersMy lipstick collection grew so I’ve separated them into stackable acrylic containersMy palette collection grew into 2 dividersMy palette collection grew into 2 dividers3 tier stacked drawer with a top tray for more lipsticks3 tier stacked drawer with a top tray for more lipsticksI bought another divider for my palettesI bought another divider for my palettesNow I have two dividers and my single shadows are in a box, ideally I would love them in another clear acrylic stackerNow I have two dividers and my single shadows are in a box, ideally I would love them in another clear acrylic stacker

@2manyperfumes So impressed with your collection and how organized it is!

Best,
Rebecca

Thank you @RebeccaBT ❤️ It’s easier to see where everything is and what’s missing lol - I have teen girls who love to “borrow” stuff 😉

RE: Re: Makeup Storage

This needs to happen in my bathroom! 😍👌🏼 I need a vanity so bad! My list of things I want in our next house keeps growing lol! After your post I wrote down “vanity outside master bathroom”😂

Re: RE: Re: Makeup Storage

Lol - next on my list is my expansive nail polish collection that I want to organize by colour 

I'm in the middle of reorganizing, and I wonder if anyone would be willing  to share their opinion about this:  Is it more beneficial to sort your makeup by type (lipstick, eyeliner, etc.,) or by brand?  I can't decide.  I have one acrylic holder that all of my Lancome makeup fits in, and  I like that because I kind of have all my Lancome items memorized.  That way, I know exactly where they are.

At the same time, sometimes it's nice to browse your lipsticks, blushes, etc. to find something to go with your makeup look or outfit.

It's driving me crazy!

I organize by type and brand.  Lipsticks by brand - palettes all together in dividers.  I have all my eyeliners in an acrylic tumbler.  Trays with dividers do that all my mascaras are in one tray, primers and foundations another, blushes and bronzers, highlighters on their own etc.  

Old photo but I use trays with dividersOld photo but I use trays with dividersI use utility trays on wheels for skincare productsI use utility trays on wheels for skincare products

i organize by type as well and then brand within each category. all of my nars audacious lipsticks together, mac, tarte blushes etc

I prefer to organize by type of product

That's what I've always done.  I'll probably stick with that.  Thanks!

image.jpeg

This is how I ended up sitting my makeup! I got the desk at Costco and the Acrylic organizers on Amazon and Target!

RE: Re: Makeup Storage

This is amazing! I need this in my life😍😆

Wow that is organized and a great collection @KaryCortazar ❤️

I love this! My previous setup was based on the idea that I wanted to see everything. It was nowhere near this organized!

Wow that's beautiful!! I really like how you can access and see most of your makeup, yet it looks uncluttered. 

I bought a largish desk second hand, and covered the top with 12" x 12" beveled edge mirrored tiles. It looks pretty sweet, but I can't put much on it or it looks cluttered. I'm going to use your photo as the guide to getting the rest of my beauty items out of drawers and onto my vanity. 

I just yesterday broke down and ordered an organizer from Amazon. I don't have as huge a stash as some folks are posting in here, but I have significantly outgrown my shelf in our medicine cabinet and cup on the counter. 

Songmics Acrylic Cosmetic/makeup Organizer Jewelry Display Box Bathroom Storage Case Drawers UJMU04T 

I just had to buy a bigger wall hanging organizer on amazon as my collection grows. I'm blaming BT 😉

I don't have a large collection, but it is growing. I opted for this acrylic organizer on Amazon. They sell additional sets of drawers separately, so I can add to it later if I need to. I also have some drawer organizers for my makeup I use less often to organize one of my bathroom drawers. 

IMG_3616.jpg

@Meeegs Great collection! Thanks for sharing 🙂

Best,

Rebecca

I have the same one just with 4 drawers. It holds a lot

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos31
  • Makeup Storage.jpg
  • FullSizeRender-18.jpg
  • FullSizeRender-15.jpg
  • FullSizeRender-16.jpg
  • IMG_4288-1.JPG
  • Beauty Room.jpg
  • image.jpeg
  • Organizer.jpg
  • Charisse-Corner-Desk-HOHN2693 (1).jpg
  • IMG_3616.jpg
  • image.jpeg
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 7.23.45 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 7.17.38 PM.png
  • Before my collection grew plus one of my 3-tiered trays on wheels
  • My lipstick collection grew so I’ve separated them into stackable acrylic containers
testing