Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Makeup Storage

I'm starting to amass a nice collection of makeup but I have limited counter space.  Currently I'm using plastic drawers which is working nicely but they are filling up and I know I'll eventually need to stack another set of drawers on top of the current one. 

Wondering how you all store your makeup.  Anyone want to share pictures and ideas?

Makeup Storage.jpg

Re: Makeup Storage

My partner just ordered me a new corner desk unit for me to use as a vanity and for makeup storage. Cannot contain my excitement, had to share! (Now to find the right upholstered chair.) 

Edit: it's the 'House of Hampton' corner desk from Wayfair's website. 

Charisse-Corner-Desk-HOHN2693 (1).jpg

Oh very nice looking forward to seeing it all set up @AllysonJo ❤️

Oh this is beautiful! I am slightly jealous! 🙂

Spoiler

I LOVE this

I feel like i am constantly reorganizing and decluttering. i just got a new lip tower and after 2hours managed to pair down and fit my entire lip collection (2.5 drawers + my old lip tower). I didn't think it was possible lol. i have a pier 1 chest i use to store my makeup in and over the years started to pair down how many drawers i use.

i am now only using :

- Original Beauty Box - stores most of my makeup collection/ daily makeup

- Lux Boxes Mini lip tower - entire lip collection

- 2 Pier 1 chest drawers - 1 for blush palettes- tarte, bobbi brown, contour - medium z's and any extra single blushes that are out of rotation. And another for my z palettes of single e/s  and mufe  singles

The drawer in my vanity holds all of my b/u and essentials and i have my lip liners in a SB cup on the chest next to the lip tower

Id love to have a bigger desk space and get some other organizer to completely eliminate the 2 drawers, that way everything is fully visible all the time. Maybe the next move 🙂

I'm in the middle of reorganizing mine! I can't wait until I'm done and can post pictures!

I haven't even thought of using office supply drawers but this looks beautiful.  

Organizer.jpg

@AMK721 I love that your container is black! I have black fixtures in my bathroom and have had trouble finding anything that matches well. Thank you for sharing! 

Best,

Rebecca

The solution for small spaces are acrylic drawers/organizers. They are considerably less bulky than plastic, not to mention it's much easier to keep them organized. I bought mine from amazon, and they were cheap, decent looking, stackable and fit mostly anywhere.

This is one of them (only $15) but there are other options there https://www.amazon (dot) com/gp/product/B00LI7PI0Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you have limited space like I do, a wall organizer might help. I posted this a while ago. I got in on Amazon for around $30. This is actually made for nail polish organization, but as you can see, it works for a lot of other stuff. 

image.jpeg

@pixiedust2 Great idea! 

Best,

Rebecca

I got one like this on Amazon too but mine is smaller. I love the wall hanging organizers, saves space and keeps the pretties away from puppies! Which one is this? At the rate I'm going, I think I need to upgrade to a larger one 🙂

I have 4 sets of Alex drawers ( three 5 drawer sets and one 9 drawer set). I also use acrylic containers. Some I purchased at Marshalls/HomeGoods/TJMaxx and others from Amazon. (The seller from Amazon is ByAlegory).

This drawer is messy and its where I put my dirty beauty blenders...Got it at Target.

FullSizeRender-18.jpg

Acrylic Drawers from TjMaxx/Marshalls/Home Goods. The brush holders are from IKEA.

FullSizeRender-15.jpg

Lipstick holders are from HomeGoods. Palette holders are from Amazon. (It is actually from an office supplier)

FullSizeRender-16.jpg

Blush/Powder holder from Sonny Cosmetics. I bought the wrong size so half of my stuff doesn't fit there. Yikes.

IMG_4288-1.JPG

My other drawers have mostly loose stuff that I didn't really bother buying containers for.

@ArmyChick84 I love how the blushes are so organized. I have to get that organizer. 

Best,
Rebecca

I need to get a dresser lol very nice ❤️ @ArmyChick84 👍

Anonymous Insider

Ikea Alex drawers with Sonny Cosmetics acrylic drawer organizers Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 7.23.45 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-27 at 7.17.38 PM.png

Great pictures @ArmyChick84  You look so organized!  I wish I had enough space to have a beauty room like this.  ❤️

Beauty Room.jpg

@AMK721 That space is beautiful!

Best,
Rebecca

Beautiful!  I would love to have a space like that!

Hi AMK721,

If those stackable drawers are the ones from Target, I have the same ones! 😄 I also have a couple of larger clear plastic bins for long-term storage, meaning things I won't be using for a while. I know what you mean though, I'll be needing another set of drawers pretty soon!

Conversation Stats
Photos31
  • Makeup Storage.jpg
  • FullSizeRender-18.jpg
  • FullSizeRender-15.jpg
  • FullSizeRender-16.jpg
  • IMG_4288-1.JPG
  • Beauty Room.jpg
  • image.jpeg
  • Organizer.jpg
  • Charisse-Corner-Desk-HOHN2693 (1).jpg
  • IMG_3616.jpg
  • image.jpeg
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 7.23.45 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 7.17.38 PM.png
  • Before my collection grew plus one of my 3-tiered trays on wheels
  • My lipstick collection grew so I’ve separated them into stackable acrylic containers
testing