MOTD: Mask Of The Day!

I thought it'd be fun to create a thread where we share our 'mask faces'! I'd love to see how lovely & silly you all look with masks on Smiley Happy It'd be great if you mention the name of the mask you are using as well!

I'll start things off!

Tonight I am using the Lush Magnaminty mask Smiley Happy

10672086_10152268635741227_881423386548379993_n.jpg

Re: MOTD: Mask Of The Day!

(0) Hearts

this is the boots botanics ionic clay mask.

i used this about 3 years ago, before i ever got into skincare. i remembered really liking it, especially for the price (right under $10 at target). so here we go, we'll see what i think (my standards have changed !). i like that there are only around 4 ingredients. it's pure clay, really. it goes on dark grey and dries light, as you see here.

bootsclay.jpg

(0) Hearts

Now i wish i would have taken a pic of me in my mask last night. These pics are hysterical! I am still using up my Origins Charcoal mask from the BBB GWP. i love how it looks on before it dries. That wet charcoal color looks so cool. I will post next time i have it on. 

These masks terrify me, but I have a couple I need to use up.  This is Sephora Rose Fiber Mask for ultra moisturizing & brightening (hopefully)  

I got a pic with my kitty in the background so there would be something cute about this picture!  upload_4696449696726818519.jpg

(0) Hearts

Aww, bonus kitty!

Does the Sephora sheet mask have little Sephora S's in it?  That is a really cute detail.

How did this work out for you, sister13?

I am trying a different route towards getting rid of all my facial friends.

dr Jart waterfull hydrogel mask.  The hubs is away, so I can avoid that ridicule, but I'm just hoping the time elapses before my takeout arrives... I'd hate to be 'that customer'

i0825150mage.jpg

What did you think of this mask?  I got it in the skincare favorites bag for $25, not realizing mineral oil is one of the ingredients.  Does it feel oily at all?  Do you think the mineral oil is in the mask material itself, and not in the solution that your skin absorbs?

I stuck mine in the fridge for the entire day prior to using. I really enjoyed it this way, especially since I used after being outside on a hot day. Even though it was nice, I don't think I would repurchase

I wasn't crazy about mine. It covered my nose and it didn't make my skin feel any different.

Roseps135, I'm undecided, actually.

My face felt really moisturized and soft when I first took the mask off, but now 45 minutes later the patches of dry skin I have that I was trying to treat with it are back to feeling dry again.

It didn't make my skin feel oily, so I think the mineral oil might be in the mask material itself.  It is a gel fibre mask, sort of similar to those healing bandaids.

Thanks for the feedback mochapj!  How does your skin feel the next day?

I actually couldn't believe it, but when I woke up this morning my skin felt even drier than it did before I used the mask.

We are not having particularly hot weather here lately, and I drink a ton of water, so I was kind of disappointed by this.

I may take the recommendation above and try putting mine in the fridge next time I use it since I have some from the skincare bag too, but as it stands this is not a repurchase for me.

bummer!  thanks for the feedback!

[ Edited ]

I used the brand spankin' new Don't Look At Me face mask from Lush, it's amazing! It's exfoliating, bright blue, and smells like Fruit Loops, what's not to love? Everytime I use it I think of Damian from Mean Girls Smiley Very Happy 

dont-look-at-me-damien-mean-girls.gif

Spoiler
11850770_10205160209550437_2007359647_n.jpg11846343_10205160209750442_577065504_n.jpg
My "Don't Look At Me" face

(0) Hearts

They didn't have it in when I went there on Wednesday. Soooooo jealous you got your mitts on it. I'm a mask junkie. 

Ugh, I want to try this one so badly! But 2 years of working for LUSH (amazing company to work for btw) left me with 40+ face masks in my freezer.

I could just return my zillion black pots and get a few of these bad boys.

(0) Hearts

oh my goodness, that COLOR!! murumuru butter sounds amazing. is lemon juice okay for the face though?

(0) Hearts

Isn't the color great?? For 10 minutes I get to pretend I'm from that movie Avatar, lol! Smiley Very Happy

Since this mask has so many other ingredients in it, I think the lemon juice is fine. It's those homemade, 2-ingredient lemon masks you have to worry about. Here's the ingredient list on the bottom of the pot:

Spoiler
11855506_10205166969759438_2020779466_n.jpg

(0) Hearts

Dan looks like he may be quite a cutie Smiley Tongue

I was just reading about this.  I had no idea it smells like fruit loops, now I have to try it!

I agree! You sold me on Fruit Loops! Lol

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments