Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

MAY FAVIES BABIES (2017)

can ya believe it ? MAY FAVORITES are here. what are you favorite little babies this month ?

i'm gonna preface mine with saying i'm *not* including the reverie hair products i got recently--that i know some of you are curious about--not because i don't love them (i do !) but because i want to use them a bit more so i can really talk about them properly. 

may17faves.jpg

• PETER THOMAS ROTH rose stem cell bio repair cream. what can i say, i adore this cream. i wanted to try it because i swear by the rose stem cell mask from this range, and it had surprisingly good reviews (surprising because anything that claims to be anti-aging tends to have mixed reviews, i've found, due to varying expectations). it's lightweight and soaks into the skin almost immediately--admittedly a feature i didn't love at first as i'd bought it with the intention of using it as a night cream (and i like to feel like a basted turkey as i go to bed). but i was very quickly swayed--and i now i wear it morning and night. not only does it hydrate, but i've noticed the pores on my nose (my problem area) appear smaller. my skin tone is very even and bouncy. and it's a lovely mix of nature and science (my preference). seriously--if anyone wants to ask me any questions about this, please do, because i want to keep talking about it !
  • NARS x CHARLOTTE GAINSBOURG velvet shadow duo, rue allent. i've worn this almost every single day since it arrived at my door (which is virtually unheard of, no matter how enthusiastic i am for a product). it's maybe replaced my HG NARS eyeshadow duo 'bellissima' as my very favorite. the sheer formula sweeps on evenly but can be built up--natural looking liner or dark smokey drama all over the lid. the light side is a perfect inner corner highlight without looking too frosty (something i don't like on me), or can be used as a light sweep over the dark side on the lid for a hint of added dimension. i'm already feeling anxiety over this not being a permanent item.
  • NARS x CHARLOTTE GAINSBOURG multiple tint, jo. this is my favorite multiple EVER ! the texture is lovely, it's sheer but buildable. so natural looking but instantly brightening. 
  • THE SUM - THE GOLD EDP. this is the latest launch from a little indie brand out of portland. it's like a beach scent for lydia deetz. beach sand cooled by the moon rather than warmed by the sun. jasmine, clove oil, sandalwood and dirt. i can't stop wearing it.
  • JORDAN SAMUEL - plié cleanser. just a pleasure to use. to be clear, i don't use this to remove makeup, but as a second cleanse or morning cleanser, so i can't speak for that. but i love how it feels--it's very similar, though not exact, to the beloved NUDE omega jelly cleanser. cleanses skin but leaves it feeling bouncy rather than stripped. the price is great too. (this was a gift, and i'm ever so grateful !)
  • RIDDLE OIL -- santal body lotion spray. another scent discovery this month, riddle oil santal is primarily a spicy cardamom and sandalwood scent, with amber, mango blossom and a hint of vanilla. i love the smell (it smells of the incense that was burned in the first yoga studio i ever frequented !), and something about a lotion in this spray form is just such a pleasure. 
  • DIOR addict lip glow color reviver balm. i'm such a lipstick junkie, but it's just not been my jam this month. i needed to check my lips into rehab. and just about all i've worn this month is this ! i sleep in it, i go to work in it. my lips are so hydrated and plumped that i swear they look bigger ! i want a couple more (i just have the original pink shade, which gives the perfect natural brightening pink glow)
  • REAL TECHNIQUES miracle complexion sponge. it took me a while to dare to try it, but i did, and i feel like it changed my life. i get it now. this is definitely my favorite sponge of ones i've tried (including beauty blender)--my makeup melts into my skin in a way i didn't realize it hadn't been doing before. 100% love.

what made you feel fab in may ?

Re: MAY FAVIES BABIES (2017)

My favorites are always so hard to pick! Loving things that make getting ready quick. Love the Becca Chrissy palette for pretty flushed cheeks. The Lancome twinge idole makes it easy to swipe on and blend into my skin.  The new L'Oreal mascara is veey voluminous. Love the eyeshadow sticks because I can just swipe and go. 

IMG_4667.JPG

Love the fresh seaberry oil. Forgot my PTR mask on vacation so instead used this on some red skin and was soothed by the next morning!  Got this belif essence in play box and love it, but not the price 😟 . The davineshair milk is wonderful along with the LP styling cream. Just added a retinol eye cream to my routine and loving the changes! 

IMG_4667.JPG

I agree @jen81 anything to help with getting ready quicker or easier lol.  Although sometimes I admit, I do love "playing" with my makeup.

mayfav.jpg

MyiPhone7 plus, and this cute phone case i got for it. I feel like I've posted some of these makeup items already but I really love them and have been using it every day, I'm done with the sunscreen, it's the type of sc that makes your skin feel velvety, which i like.  and the brow wiz is from LA girl, i think its better than the ABH one.. or an exact dupe? idk. but i like the price which is why its better, lol.

That case is adorable!

@Blackwhiskey Have you try the depth effect of the camera on the 7plus? It's pretty awesome!

@Babypeachist yeah its pretty awesome!!

@Blackwhiskey  Oh gosh I love valfre!! I have 3 cases and they're all by her 🙂

i have to ask- what's the Giorgio Armani power fabric like?? I've been eyeing it since it came out, but haven't tried luminous silk. Do you prefer the power fabric for any reason in particular?? 🙂

@katgoulding i liked it since the first time i tried it, it suits me better with my oily t zone, the luminous was nice but it looked greasy at the end of the day, this one looks like soft skin, like those paintings, like mona lisa. 

Thanks for sharing BW!  The GA powder fabric has been on my list for a while now.

Same here!! Time to bite the bullet and order 🙂 @michelleshops

Agreed @katgoulding!  We can get that super high buy-in YSL promo lol.

only the beginning of the month...bumping in case anyone else wants to participate / read 🙂

- dior airflash spray foundation - i love the coverage and it does not try out my skin. 

- fresh advanced lip therapy treatment - my current go-to for chapped lips

- marc jacobs air blush soft glow duo in lines and last night - i'm really enjoying the texture of the blush. i enjoy it more than the shameless bold blush

anastasia mario palette - i don't really use the blue and the green, but i love all the other colors. the shimmers are so pigmented and creamy
kendra scott jewelry (nonmakeup) - i've been obsessed with blue lace agate, howlite, bronzed vein turquoise, white iridescent 

lilly putlizer (nonmakeup) - been buying lots of essie and margot dresses. i'm digging the bright prints and flowly fit. 

@annypoo Ugh! I just love the Airflash! It will always be a fav! However... on the flip side, Kendra Scott discontinued the earrings I loved and to add insult to injury, I broke a stone so I'm SOL. LOL! 

IMG_5280.JPG

* Burberry eyeshadow in Rose Pink

* Nars blushes in Gilda (R) and Gina (L), which photographed really washed out for some reason

* YSL vinyl cream lipstain in Corial Neo-Pop

Apparently in May, I was drawn to spring/summer colors. I'd 100% recommend these products to everyone, especially the YSL stain, as people may have dupes for the others.

That burberry eyeshadow shade is gorgeous! Looks like the perfect dusty rose 🙂 

May Favorites

IMG_7483.JPG

Diorskin Loose Powder - Over the winter I didn't use much in the way of setting powder, or I used Hourglass ambient powder (which is shiny). It's nice to go back to having a mostly matte face. I'm not a big fan of the ingredients in this powder, but since I have it I might as well use it up. It does a really good job at keeping my face looking matte.

Too Faced Love Light Prismatic Highlighter in Ray of Light - I originally bought this because the packaging is cute, but I find that I reach for it quite a lot because I've been going super-blushy lately. I know blushes with shimmer mixed in are popular right now, but I feel like I can accomplish the same thing by mixing the blush and highlighter on my brush, so I've been using this highlighter for that purpose. Then I clear the pigment off my brush, put more highlighter on, and bring it above my cheekbone to really bring the "blush". A couple of times I experimented with doing the same thing Lisa Eldridge does in her "Sculpted Blush/Draping" video, but using this highlighter instead (and I tone it down a bit, that look is really over the top blushy). 

Atelier Cologne Bergamot Soleil - This is basically the perfect fragrance for this time of year. The citrus is so light and refreshing. I own ten different Atelier fragrances at this point, but this is the one I used nearly every day this month.

Tarteguard 30 Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 30 - I wasn't sure how I felt about this at first because it applies so thinly that I wasn't sure it would actually protect me from the sun. Yet here we are at the start of June and I don't even have a hint of sunburn on my face. Sunscreens that are light on application but still do the job qualify as excellent in my book. I noticed this has gone out of stock on Sephora, so Tarte if you're listening, PLEASE don't discontinue this. 

Spiked Louboutin VPs - Ok these are an older style (when do they become "vintage"?), but I haven't worn them much in the last five years because I had a child and carrying around an infant in heels is not the most enjoyable thing. Anyway, I have a pretty big collection of heels from my pre-Mom days and lately I've been wearing them more. These are the ones I missed the most and they were a big hit this month. 

I love the Tarte sunscreen! I unfortunately had to return mine since the one I got in an online order expired at the end of July so it was useless to me.  All the ones I found in stores to exchange with also expire in July.  And it is out of stock online.  Thus, I had to switch to the First Aid Beauty one.

Mine apparently expires in August. At the rate I use sunscreen, this isn't a big problem for me. I'm sure I can just get some other sunscreen if Tarte is discontinuing it, but it's always nice when I find one that really works. 

Those Louboutins...

d79896f8c6e748708a5da3ee7beb0b6f368e6a67.gif

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos19
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
  • IMG_6319.JPG
  • IMG_4036.JPG
  • IMG_4037.JPG
  • sad.jpg
  • IMG_1749.JPG