Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

MARCH 2017 FAVORITES !

it is time.

march17faves.jpg

1. REN evercalm gentle cleansing milk. i've had this for a little while, and have enjoyed it, but this month i grew to love it. i just find it's so comforting (as the name would suggest) between the creamy texture and the smell (vaguely tea-like ?). leaves my skin plump but not so rich that it causes me any problems. i typically use this as an a.m. cleanse.
  2. REN vita mineral omega 3 optimum skin oil. another REN product, another product that i have had for a little while but have grown deep appreciation for only this month. when i first got it last fall, it immediately helped sort out a flakey nose situation that was going on. i was so impressed i more or less overused it and it caused a minor break out. but now i know it wasn't the product, but how--in my over enthusiasm--i was using it. one pump does me, i particularly like using it in the morning (or part of facials) on no makeup days. it's very lightweight and yet nourishing and glow-and-bounce-giving. 
  3. BITE multisticks. my enthusiasm for these was born after receiving the 'almond' shade as a 100 pt perk. i've now picked up cashew and mascarpone as well. i use them for everything--eyes, cheek and lips. i lovvvvve the monochromatic look and these make it a breeze.
  4. CLINIQUE chubby stick sculpting highlight. another 100 pt perk discovery, this is my perfect highlight color !!!!!!!!. i find it just blends into my skin so seamlessly, but still provides the perfect amount of wet-look glow. no glitter, natural but not entirely undetectable. i've read some people find this wipes off their foundation, i haven't experienced that, but there is a bit of a wet texture to this (it doesn't bother me). i don't wear highlighter that often, but this one has me wearing highlight every day.
  5. KORRES lip butter (this one is in wild rose; i love all of them). my favorite balm. butter is the perfect word for these. they're blissful to use (just feel amazing) and the pigmentation--for a balm--is actually quite lovely ! i'm glad i've brought this back into my life after a 7 year hiatus.
  6. NARS audacious angela. i've been craving pink-stained lips for spring, and have found myself reaching for angela the most. most cool-toned pinks scare me (it can go barbie real fast, which just isn't my thing), but angela (who has a hint of purple rather than blue, which is why i think i can make it work) brightens my face so brilliantly and consistently gives me a perfect orchid-stained pout. i tend to apply with my finger and press into my lips.
  7. THE SUM - THE BLACK EDP. this niche perfume is super simple: it's oud. the sum is a jewelry brand based out of L.A. and each of their fragrances has a sterling silver ball floating in the juice that lends a hint of metallic aquaticness that makes them all rather unique. this perfume is totally unisex and sophisticated and utterly minimal. lovvvvve.

ok that was a lot ! YOUR TURN !

Re: MARCH 2017 FAVORITES !

My pleasure to help out, Mcakes!

I wish I had my palette with me so I could get a more accurate gauge of the color in person versus going off of online images. If you aren't opposed to another palette, you can even try out the Smashbox Metallic Cover Shot Palette, there's a subtle champagne-pewter color (swatch is second from the last going from left to right):

Image result for smashbox metallic palette

Image result for smashbox metallic palette

All the best in testing/swatching colors in person for a dupe!

Rainy day today

IMG_6660.JPG

- Sulwhasoo Gentle Cleansing Foam EX

I love using this when the weather is warmer. This bottle has been with me for almost 7 months already and I'm still only a little over half way through the bottle. It's not that I don't use it often. I only need to pump out a very little amount. It lathers really well. I find the scent very comforting and refreshing.

- COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence

This snail essence helps calm irritations. I like to slather on this essence whenever I get any redness or pimples. It is also hydrating without clogging my pores. 

- Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

After trying out many different moisturizers, I am back to my HG moisturizer. Moisture Surge is the first moisturizer I have ever purchased but it still is my favorite moisturizer of all time.

- Sulwhasoo Hydro-Aid Moisturizing Lifting UV Protection Cream

A great sunscreen for winter. What I like most about this is that whenever I need to get ready really quickly, I'll just cleanse and apply this sunscreen and head straight out the door. It is hydrating enough that I don't have to put any moisturizer under it. Even if I put some moisturizer under it, my face still wouldn't feel greasy.

- COSRX Acne Pimple Master Patch

I had many cysts popped up on my face after foolishly trying to make Drunk Elephant's TLC Framboos work for the 3rd time. I broke out from the TLC Framboos but I was glad I had these pimple stickers to help my face. These pimple stickers helped reduce the size of my cysts. 

- Benton Snail Bee High Content sheet mask

Another snail product 😛 Just like the COSRX Snail essence, this sheet mask calms down my irritations. It reduces the redness of existing pimples.

- Givenchy Rouge Interdit Vinyl in #16 Noir Revelateur 

I love the color. Easy to apply and doesn't dry out my lips. I like doing a gradient lip with this.

- RMS Beauty Living Luminizer

I love this because it gives me a very natural glow. I love using when I'm not using an illuminating moisturizer. 

- Diptyque Baies Room Spray

I have bought it last year but I have just started using it for the past 2 months. I wasn't a fan of the scent at first but it grew on me and I love spraying it at every corner of the room.

@prti baies was my first ever diptyque candle! i didn't love it at first either, but it grew on me.

i just picked up some Sulwhasoo sampler packs from jolse so i am excited to try them!

i need to try the RMS luminizer- i hear all good things!

@unfungirl I hope you enjoy Sulwhasoo as much as I do. Some people hate the scent but I personally love it. The brand is pricey for me but I think it's worth it in the long run. 

I saw the RMS living luminizer in many people's hauls so I decided to buy it 😄

@prti Everything is so attractive; I really appreciate a minimal color palette.

@Gwenhwyfar Thank you ❤️❤️

Whoo the March favorites!

IMG_2754.JPG

From left to right

Herbivore Blue Tansy AHA + BHA Resurfacing Clarity Mask: I use this a few times a week and my skin feels like glass afterwards and I love the simple, clean packaging. I'm looking forward to trying more from this brand. 

Givenchy Prisme Visage Perfecting Face Powder: This is in the shade Dentelle Beige but I also have Satin Ivoire and it's wonderful. It's so fine and soft and smells so nice. And the compact is glorious. I can't stand how beautiful the whole thing is. There is nothing I love more than pulling this out mid day for a touch up. 

Clarins Eau Dynamisante Deodorant: I've just started using this but I love fancy deodorant. This smells like a rich man. And it has a spray pump which gives out a fine mist which I like a lot. 

Erborian Duoduone lip balm: Not sticky or thick. It's almost a solid oil. It's hard to describe but I really enjoy it (I love trying out new lip balms.)

Kevyn Aucoin The Neo Limelight Highlighter: I wear this wet, dry, sometimes more lavender, sometimes more silver. It's perfect. 

Erborian Black Cleansing Oil: I am crazy about this line (obviously). This feels so good when I wash my face.

Erborian Yuza Double Lotion: My first Erborian purchase that started my kick with the brand. I didn't think my skincare needed an extra step but now I can't live without this stuff!

Givenchy Le Prisme Blush in Vintage Pink: I never really cared about blush before. I would often forget about it in my routine but this blush is MAGIC. It's like a second skin and goes on so smoothly and, like, why didn't I know about this sooner? I am absolutely buying another color during the April sale. 

Inglot Duraline: I've been adding a tiny drop to my brow pomade and it's been a game changer in making application so much easier. 

Make Up For Ever 274 Double Ended Eyebrow Brush: I've had this for years and I think it's the best Brush in my collection (but it's starting to show its age and may be time to replace). It's so small and sturdy and the perfect size for brows. The best little workhorse. 

(My fingers hurt!)

@starsandbucks - Wow--4 of these items are on my Loves list!  Good to know you enjoy them.  I feel much better about ordering them.

@Titian06 oh that's wonderful! I use all those products almost everyday and hadn't been this excited about posting to the Favorites thread in a while!

@starsandbucks, smells like a rich man, haha I love it! I need to go sniff this, sounds like may be my kind of man product. 😉 

XOXO,
Marieke

Who doesn't want to smell like a rich man? I need to go sniff this somewhere.

I love how you describe your deodorant as smelling like a rich man 🙂

Several of February's favorites are still going strong into March, but I wanted to focus on a few newer discoveries & rediscoveries from this month instead. I apologize for how long this is; I don't usually describe each item, but it just happened.

MarchFavorites2017.jpg

Pixi Glow Mud Cleanser | This has been a long-time favorite of several BTers whose opinions I value (I’m looking at you, @jemly and @Mochapj), but I only picked this up a couple weeks ago as my very first Pixi product ever. My skin has been changing as I age and recently discontinuing hormonal birth control has caused a very sudden shift in oil production and frequency of breakouts on my forehead and hairline. I have been researching and experimenting with a few new products, including this cleanser and the toner next on my list. The Pixi cleanser is surprisingly gentle on my sensitive skin; I expected it to be harsh and drying due to the glycolic acid and clay, but I am pleased to find that it is has a net neutral effect on my skin—possibly even leaning towards hydrating and plumping. My skin is balancing and becoming clearer as a result, and I am very pleased with the value of this product.

Cosrx BHA Blackhead Power Liquid | As mentioned above, I am dealing with excessive oil production and some hairline / scalp acne. This BHA toner is a godsend. I am slowly trying to find more effective skincare options with minimal ingredients and at lower cost. Cosrx definitely fits the bill, and I am very pleased with this product so far. Deep cystic(?) acne clears up quickly with twice daily treatment with this toner after cleansing. It contains witch hazel and salicylic acid, but does not excessively dry or make my skin flaky. I will definitely repurchase this.

Peter Thomas Roth Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair Precious Oil | (My, what a long name you have.) This is a rediscovered favorite. With spring ramping up and more sunny days and fewer days of dry cold air and rich cream moisturizing needs, I have remembered to start wearing sunscreen and prep my skin base with this oil-serum. It baffles me how pleasantly this works with my skin when it is primarily cyclopentasiloxane, a type of cosmetic silicone, but who am I to argue with it? It smells delightful, plumps the skin, heals blemishes, and provides lightweight sunscreen. The bottle is going to last an eternity as I only use three tiny drops each day to cover my face.

Herbivore Blue Clay Mask & Lapis Oil | I really love these two Herbivore products. I use the Blue Clay Mask for both my face and my scalp, and I mix it into homemade DIY mask treatments (honey, salt, yogurt, oils, tea, lemon juice, etc.). It’s wonderfully versatile and does nice things for my skin. Lapis Oil is a great facial oil for oily skin. I focus it on my forehead and hairline and it speeds healing of acne and blemishes and clears the skin. The scent is delicate and very pleasant and it has a non-greasy "dry oil" texture.

NARS Velvet Lip Glides (pictured: Bound, Unspeakable) | I was late jumping on the Velvet Lip Glide bandwagon as I tend to be skeptical about hybrid lip formulations, but I finally tried these and really enjoy them. They apply evenly whether sheered out with balm (my usual way to wear any lip color) or full-coverage and have a silky soft and slightly hydrating feel. I have only collected mini sizes of a few colors, but I am already eagerly on the lookout and hopeful for new color releases in later collections.

Acca Kappa White Boar Bristle Hairbrush | I have very fine, long and wavy/frizzy hair, and several months ago I switched from using a nylon bristle detangling brush (similar to the WetBrush) to a 100% soft white boar bristle hairbrush, and my hair is so much healthier as a result. I no longer hear my hair breaking when brushing, split ends happen with less frequency and not nearly so soon, and the boar bristles distribute scalp oils evenly throughout my hair. I get the fluffy softened vintage hair look immediately after brushing which I find a bit funny, but it doesn’t stick around for long. I detangle damp hair with a wide tooth comb, but this brush vastly improved my morning and evening brush-out ritual. It’s going into my March favorites because I haven’t mentioned it in previous favorites. 🙂

@Gwenhwyfar i just picked up the lapis oil! i have had some gnarly hormonal breakouts suddenly after so i'm glad to hear it works well!

Pixi glow mud is such a great cleanser! I didn't think I would liked the NARS velvet lip glides as much as I do. Great list!

Thanks, @jen81! The Lip Glides were a pleasant surprise.

@Gwenhwyfar, I have the CosRX AHA Liquid, but it hasn't wowed me yet. Maybe I should try the BHA! Sounds like it might fit my needs more. (: 

XOXO,
Marieke

@MariekeBT From what I understand, AHAs are for surface exfoliation and do not penetrate into the pores, whereas BHAs clear blackheads and congested pores. A lot of products combine AHAs and BHAs. Depending upon your specific needs, I recommend trying this one!

@Gwenhwyfar i'm so so so so so so so so sooooo happy you like the PIXI cleanser ! definitely in my top 5 fave cleansers of ever ever. xoxoxoxox

@jemly It is so good! I almost wish I had tried it sooner, but it really is exactly what my skin needs at this time and might not have elicited the same ah-ha moment in the past.

MARCH LOVES thanks @jemly

march.jpg
These are only a few things I picked because everything in my personal stash I truly love!

Perfumes
Balenciaga Florabotanica- is my everyday favorite scent. I just ran out. This bottle lasted 2 years. I will wait another 6 weeks because this is going on my Birthday List!

Diptyque Rose de Mai- O’my! A recent surprise gift. I love rose scents and this one is divine. The bottle is gorgeous!

Peel Pads
Have tried the Cane + Austin and DDG and both give me a nice glow. I am glowing NOW!

Lip Pencils
This is my favorite make-up item! Loving all the Besame pencils and my most recent KA Fleshtone Medium.

Lip Color
UD Amulet and NARS Le Palace. Both recent Sephora promos and my new faves! They are both liquid lipstick but still have a shine to them which I need.

Hair Oils
My ends needs a little trim but I HATE cutting my hair. Lol!!!

Reverie Recovery Hair Oil, Oribe Super Shine Cream and OJON Rare Blend (a little exaggeration here!) keep everything looking smooth and shiny.

Creams
L’Occitane Lavender Cream. Found this in my stash but I have used it my entire life. Love this cream and scent. I apply to feet and hands before bedtime.

Nail Polish
Love Nail Polish! I am always trying to find the perfect ‘green.’

Essie- All Hands on Deck, Off Tropic (wearing this now and it is a gorgeous Hunter green).

Marc Jacob- Jezebel (perfect true dark red)

Exact Dupes for Jezebel (since it is pricey and a little thick)- Essie Limited Addiction and OPI I am not Really a Waitress (?)

I painted my nails with all 3 and couldn’t tell the difference.

Other
My gold S’Well bottle. Chic bottle to stay drinking my daily 3 liters.

My Sephora mini make-up bag! Fits a ton of make-up inside but it is so T-I-N-Y!

Best $5 I spent at Sephora!

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos16
  • march17faves.jpg
  • IMG_9255.JPG
  • IMG_3178.JPG
  • march.jpg
  • MarchFavorites2017.jpg
  • IMG_2754.JPG
  • IMG_6660.JPG
  • MarchFaves.jpg