Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

MARCH 2017 FAVORITES !

it is time.

march17faves.jpg

1. REN evercalm gentle cleansing milk. i've had this for a little while, and have enjoyed it, but this month i grew to love it. i just find it's so comforting (as the name would suggest) between the creamy texture and the smell (vaguely tea-like ?). leaves my skin plump but not so rich that it causes me any problems. i typically use this as an a.m. cleanse.
  2. REN vita mineral omega 3 optimum skin oil. another REN product, another product that i have had for a little while but have grown deep appreciation for only this month. when i first got it last fall, it immediately helped sort out a flakey nose situation that was going on. i was so impressed i more or less overused it and it caused a minor break out. but now i know it wasn't the product, but how--in my over enthusiasm--i was using it. one pump does me, i particularly like using it in the morning (or part of facials) on no makeup days. it's very lightweight and yet nourishing and glow-and-bounce-giving. 
  3. BITE multisticks. my enthusiasm for these was born after receiving the 'almond' shade as a 100 pt perk. i've now picked up cashew and mascarpone as well. i use them for everything--eyes, cheek and lips. i lovvvvve the monochromatic look and these make it a breeze.
  4. CLINIQUE chubby stick sculpting highlight. another 100 pt perk discovery, this is my perfect highlight color !!!!!!!!. i find it just blends into my skin so seamlessly, but still provides the perfect amount of wet-look glow. no glitter, natural but not entirely undetectable. i've read some people find this wipes off their foundation, i haven't experienced that, but there is a bit of a wet texture to this (it doesn't bother me). i don't wear highlighter that often, but this one has me wearing highlight every day.
  5. KORRES lip butter (this one is in wild rose; i love all of them). my favorite balm. butter is the perfect word for these. they're blissful to use (just feel amazing) and the pigmentation--for a balm--is actually quite lovely ! i'm glad i've brought this back into my life after a 7 year hiatus.
  6. NARS audacious angela. i've been craving pink-stained lips for spring, and have found myself reaching for angela the most. most cool-toned pinks scare me (it can go barbie real fast, which just isn't my thing), but angela (who has a hint of purple rather than blue, which is why i think i can make it work) brightens my face so brilliantly and consistently gives me a perfect orchid-stained pout. i tend to apply with my finger and press into my lips.
  7. THE SUM - THE BLACK EDP. this niche perfume is super simple: it's oud. the sum is a jewelry brand based out of L.A. and each of their fragrances has a sterling silver ball floating in the juice that lends a hint of metallic aquaticness that makes them all rather unique. this perfume is totally unisex and sophisticated and utterly minimal. lovvvvve.

ok that was a lot ! YOUR TURN !

Re: MARCH 2017 FAVORITES !

@wheeeee I've been looking into getting a S'Well bottle! I love that it'll keep things hot or cold since I've been drinking a lot of hot water lately. It's kind of replaced coffee for me! They have a lot of cool designs so it's hard to pick. 😄

XOXO,
Marieke

I totally recommend especially if you like drinking out of water bottles.  @MariekeBT

They scratch easily so I place mine inside a large Ziploc while in my purse for protection.  They don't sweat so it is all good!

If you want the benefits and low maintenance get the stainless steel one since scratches probably don't show.

MAC Velvet Teddy Lipstick: Finally got my hands on this classic and it is beautiful! My other lipsticks have been neglected this month.

NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer: I always seem to come back to this when the warmer weather arrives. It evens out my skin just enough, but doesn't look or feel heavy. I love it!

Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer: Got this to replace my KVD concealer (just because I wanted to try something new). I have been loving it. It covers everything, but somehow still looks so natural.

Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette: Been using this almost daily and have gotten a lot of compliments on my eyeshadow. 

KVD Mad Max liner: I never really used brown eyeliner until recently, but I've been loving it. It still looks quite dark, but it's a little softer than black. It also stays put all day and creates a really sharp wing. Very happy with it!

NARS blush in Sex Appeal: I love NARS blushes, but this one is such a beautiful shade and looks so natural on me. I can't get enough of it.

@Asche - Can the KA Sensual Skin Enhancer be used as an under eye concealer?

I'm looking for a new under eye concealer because mine has been discontinued.

@Titian06 I've been using it as an under eye concealer and I absolutely love it!! 😄

@Asche, I tried the Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer and wow it is definitely full coverage! I do agree that it somehow still looks super natural, it's pretty amazing. 🙂 

XOXO,
Marieke

NARS Sex Appeal is a forever favorite of mine. Great picks, @Asche!

Also, I am tempted by that KVD liner just for the name!

Thank you @Gwenhwyfar! 😄 If you love dark brown liner, I highly recommend Mad Max! (P.S. that movie was amazing!)

@Asche Thanks for the recommendation; I will definitely take a look at it.

I agree it is an especially good film, but anything with Tom Hardy is bound to be amazing. 😉

@Asche i adore the NARS tinted moisturizer. if they released them in the regular foundation shades (i need siberia !) i don't think i'd wear any other foundation ! 

That is a fantastic idea, I wish they'd do that. Siberia is such a rare gem for those with pale skin, I'm really surprised they haven't created the moisturizer version. Hopefully one day.

I've been going for a fairly natural look most of the month, with the exception of lipstick. But then again, that's my standard makeup look; the products just change every now and then. 

Spoiler
Nars highlighter palette: I tan easily, so I love the colors of this highlighter palette. Right now, I've been mixing the light and medium shades when I want extra glow.

Guerlain mascara: I love this! I was convinced I could only use waterproof mascaras until I discovered that this one doesn't budge, and it does a great job lengthening my tiny lashes.

Nars Lip Glide, Impossible Red: One of my favorite lip formulas in a fun spring and summer color.

RMS Living Luminizer: This was probably on my favorites list last month, too, but I just love it so much. It leaves a gorgeous, natural highlight.

Glossier Cloud Paint, Dusk: This gel blush is so easy to use, and I love the sheer wash of color when used lightly.

Marc Jacobs eyeliner: This is the one that was a promo recently, but I bought the full size because I needed a new brown eyeliner, and this one absolutely does not budge. I love it.

Bite lip crayon, Pastille (100 point perk): I love this formula and shade so much that I'm definitely going to have to buy a full size eventually...

IMG_3178.JPG

@txcatx, I'm loving the NARS Lip Glide and Bite Perk too! I haven't tried too many Bite products so that perk was really amazing and has inspired me to add more to my list. I'm super interested in getting the Marc Jacobs liner so glad you're loving it! (: 

XOXO,
Marieke

Love the RMS Living Luminizer! So quick, easy and natural. Beautiful photo!!!

What a gorgeous picture! Now I want all of these things. 🙂

@txcatx what beautiful things ! GUERLAIN maxi lash mascara is my HG; i've been about 6 months without it and i'll be repurchasing it soon. and impossible red was one i wanted as well !!

Hi @jemly,

I can't believe March is over already! This year is definitely going by way too fast. Here are some of my faves for this month:

Boscia: Porefecting White Charcoal Mattifying Treatment Primer: Although I don't wear foundation, I DO get super oily. This little beauty zaps any excess sebum fro the surface of your skin, leaving you with a fresh matte finish.

Kate Somerville ExfoliKate® Cleanser Daily Foaming Wash: I swear this face wash is magic! It contains AHA's and natural fruit enzymes to smooth out the skin. It's gentle for everyday use and also smells great!

Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation® Perfecting Moisturizer: This has been my everyday moisturizer for the month of March, and I love how lightweight it is. It also absorbs quickly and makes my skin feel soft!

Cheers!
Nikko

IMG_9255.JPGYay, one of my favourite threads!  Thanks @jemly 🙂

I kept it pretty short and sweet this month, and I'm sure I forgot something because I didn't manage to keep my running list, but I can't figure what.

Josh Rosebrook Hydrating Accelerator - this has been just a lovely all around hydration mist.  I use it when I want a perk up, I use it before I want to apply a serum, I use it at night for aromatherapy purposes to help me sleep. ❤️

Chikuhodo P8 - a funny story about this brush.  I ordered this brush in May 2016 and it only just reached me this March. Something about the ebony wood harvest last year not being good because of a very rainy season.  Anyway, it was worth the wait because it's so soft and gaw-jussss. And I like that it comes with it's own little ebony wood stand, too.

Surratt Expressioniste Brow Pencil - I've had this since last summer and I put it away when I got the CT Legendary Brows.  That is nearly finished so I pulled this out recently and fell back in love with it.  The colour is a great match for me, the spoolie is excellent and I love that you can buy refills, even if the initial cost outlay is more.

random Koyudo Horse brush - a solid brush I've been loving for buffing in eye primer, I feel like this has helped to prevent the dreaded primer ring I sometimes get.

NARS Motu Tane Sheer Pop Multiple - if you had asked me back in January which of the 3 sheer pop multiples was going to be my favourite, this pink one would not have been it.  In fact, I fully expected red Cote Basque to be (and it's still lovely) but Motu Tane is such a beautiful, soft, natural kiss of pink.  I am sure I will continue wearing this regularly into summer.

Siam Seas Elements Balm - I've been looking at some new balms since my current Blue Cocoon is on its last scrapings and May Lindstrom raised their prices pretty significantly last month.  The Elements Balm was a total surprise for me - from the lusciously soft, whipped texture (from appearance when opening a new pot, it seems like it would be quite firm) to how hydrating it is but still lightweight, this will be a repurchase for me.  

what is this glorious balm ?!

@jemly sorry I was still editing in my thoughts 🙂

It's the 'Elements' balm from Siam Seas.  A+ totally recommend. 

My favorites for March have been:

All images from Google.

- Tarte Don't Quit Your Day Dream palette

- Elizabeth & James Nirvana Bourbon

- FAB Facial Radiance Serum (discontinued; I bought a bunch during the clearance sale)

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos16
  • march17faves.jpg
  • IMG_9255.JPG
  • IMG_3178.JPG
  • march.jpg
  • MarchFavorites2017.jpg
  • IMG_2754.JPG
  • IMG_6660.JPG
  • MarchFaves.jpg
  • IMG_0191.JPG